What's new

Raheel Sharif appointed chief of Islamic military alliance, confirms Khawaja Asif

Gen Raheel is sane and honest person and knows well his place. Remember he going for military structural management , not taking Pakistan army with him. Middle East is facing huge threat from ISIS type extremism and they want to use his previous successful achievement to root out terrorism in the region and that's the message .Remember arab never united under one arab, there is always someone lead from outside, go over the history of Ottoman empire.
Arabs were united before any ottoman empire, other wise the latter wouldn't have existed.. do not believe any thing not backed up with proofs..They had reunited under the banner of Islam and spread it first and then had the best to rule, be it an Arab of someone from another origin, the main point was that he is a devout capable Muslim.. talk about democracy..

, he doesn't look convinced what role Raheel will play. Remember Khawaja is bit of joke in tv interviews. I'll wait for oficial confirmation in a week or so.
A few days back rumors were that he will be an advisor, maybe the top advisor to the Islamic coalition on terrorism..He will lead it by giving the most senior advice and direction..

interesting development, this alliance has stated already that its objective is to protect the Muslim countries from all terrorist groups and terrorist organizations irrespective of their sect and name which mean they will engage Iraq,Syria, Libya, Egypt and Afghanistan. for the time being it is appeared to be a sunni states alliance backed by Germany and America ... coming few months would be very interesting keeping in view the current scenarios

What if he is here to try and instill the successful doctrines and discipline that the Pakistan army has developed over the years, come to think of it even the Arabs might have realized that there armed forces lack proper discipline in training and closely observing Pakistan army's success in counter terrorist ops and also mainting peace between it's large shia and Sunni population. Maybe he as leader could negotiate with Iran to join the alliance and end Muslim proxy wars. Do not speculate, remember men like these have great destinies and also what ever happens, Allah wills it.

Fact is Saudis are paying the bills for this venture, not Pakistan. Accordingly, the headquarter is in Saudi Arabia. Its only natural Saudis will retain control of the organization. There is a lot of politics involved in these "joint" military alliances. This is all besides the complex Saudi patronage system.

What makes me so sure? Well Arabs - I mean the 'real Arabs' of the peninsula who have the oil have gotten very arrogant. Their heads are floating in the skies and from that elevated position they look down at Pakistani's even if they need them to do their dirty work. The only people they see eye to eye or respect are Americans, British, French and other Europeans (in that order) and I can't see how they would place a Pakistani in command of a alliance force where he would be the numero uno. Advisor yes or consultant hidden away from the public limelight but with full glory of command nah!

I don't know if you guy's know about Battle of Khafji. This was fought in the First Gulf War when a Iraqi armoured battalion drove straight into the Saudi border town of Khafji trapping two US Marine recon platoons. This action caught the American's by surprise and everybody including Saudi's high tailed it out of that town. Then a Saudi and Qatari battle group was sent in to take back Khafji and save the American's. In the tough hand to hand fighting that followed the Saudi's ran away but the Qatari unit held ground and shouldered most of the battle leading to eventally the Iraqi's being thrown out.

Link > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Khafji

What most people did not know was that most of the Qatari unit was made of contract Pakistani soldiers. However their heroism was 'stolen' when the Saudi General (some Prince) took all the credit and Pakstani contribution was buried in history books. This is typical example of Saudi's or other Arabs do.

I mean if KSA or rest of GCC had shred of real respect for Pakistan instead of 'buying out' piecemeal our skills I would ask @Zarvan and other cheerleaders for the ummah why did they NOT hire Pakistan Army to kick the Iraqi's out of Kuwait? Either they thought Pakistan was incapable or they much preferred to hand over $100 billion to America to get the job done.

Can you imagine if they had given that job to Pakistan? It would have given Pakistan a chance to make it's name in history and earn over $100 billion enough to buy all those toys PDF'ers dream of. Also no 'kaffir' army would have stepped their foot on the soil of KSA. Instead they hired the 'Jarheads' to do the job. So much for Muslim Ummah !

So in 2017 I hardly expect these people to privilage a Pakistan by placing him in a command level position that enjoys widespread publicity in the open that goes against the stereotype that has been built up in GCC of Pakistan as 'Miskeen'. It is for this reason I would would be most surprised if I am wrong.

Finally, a sane voice.

Last edited:
Arabs were united before any ottoman empire, other wise the latter wouldn't have existed.. do not believe any thing not backed up with proofs..They had reunited under the banner of Islam and spread it first and then had the best to rule, be it an Arab of someone from another origin, the main point was that he is a devout capable Muslim.. talk about democracy..

A few days back rumors were that he will be an advisor, maybe the top advisor to the Islamic coalition on terrorism..He will lead it by giving the most senior advice and direction..
Its off topic , but Arab never united under arab command. Word is so beautiful " under the banner of Islam" , in reality , whole arab history filled with family feuds. Again read how Turkish enter inside arabs.

I am not doubting Raheel's abilities and his track record. Zarb-e-Azb is widely acknowledged as to have been a rare example of shining success in Pakistan.

What I find incredulous is the thought that the Arabs will place a Pakistani in such a high profile public position as alliance commander. I just struggle to see that happening given Arab record with regards to Pakistani's. A background position as advisor or consultant is very real possibility and so far all the evidence points to this.

A command position is very open to the public and without any ambiquity. Think of General Norman Swarzkopf commander of Allied forces against Iraq. Think Gen. Eisonhower supreme Allied commander European theatre WW2. However I think he is going to be pushed to some background advisor role. So far the evidence points in that direction. Notice the hush, hush nature of reporting. Why the fvckn secrecy? It's not like he is going to do a RAW Kulbhushan Yadav in Balochistan.

A commander is very public position. The fact that no GCC mainstream media has reported this and even in Pakistan we are getting gossip suggests that this is going to be some background advisory role while some Saudi prince wearing the uniform of a general will be the public face.

I certainly hope I am wrong. If Raheel is placed and declared publicly as commander of a alliance force it will bring much good publicity to Pakistan on the international arena which would be great thing even if I had to take retirement from PDF..

If your worry is that he will not be posted as chief of alliance is because he is a Pakistani, it is extremely trivial. My worry is that he will be used as a puppet to take blame for their sectarian war against Iran in which Pakistan should NEVER EVER EVER EVER take sides. Even if he is a retired soldier, he is still a Pakistani soldier.

Hope we Muslim can be united but America for sure will not allow it

If this force will deploy to protect Muslims like in Myanmar, Kashmir and Bosnia great it's a good step

If it's going to wage war in Yemen, Syria and Iraq then I hope we are not part of this alliance

Any war which allows Muslims to divide Pakistan has stayed away in past and should stay away in future

Raheel is the best man for the job, nuclear power and madinah and Makkah a fantastic combination Muslims have never been this powerful before we just need the guts

I sincerely hope this alliance is a success

I am sorry but it is not "Amreka's" fault that Muslims are not united, it is only us stupid Pakistanis who still have this concept of "Ummah", the Arabs think they are the only true Muslims by blood and rest all are convertees. A couple of days ago, there was a so called "Islam Bachao Rally" in Lahore where the protesters were protesting against atrocities in Palestine, Kashmir, Myanmar, Syria etc and they ended up badly choking traffic and causing loss of life and property. Why is it that i have never heard about any such rally's in any GCC countries? Do they have no feelings for the suffering Muslims? Why didn't Saudi Arab offer to take in Syrian refugees when it was just next door to them? Why have the Arabs never issued a statement condemning Israel, India or Myanmar for suppressing Muslims? The fact is that they are rich, arrogant and have no interest in anything except their expensive cars and their tall buildings.

If your worry is that he will not be posted as chief of alliance is because he is a Pakistani, it is extremely trivial.
It is not a worry when I know he will NOT be appointed as commander. Background advisor maybe but not commander of the force.

My worry is that he will be used as a puppet to take blame for their sectarian war against Iran in which Pakistan should NEVER EVER EVER EVER take sides. Even if he is a retired soldier, he is still a Pakistani soldier.
No need to worry because he will not be appointed as commander for reasons stated in my earlier posts. So relax.

Raheel Sharif appointed chief of Islamic military alliance, confirms Khawaja Asif
DAWN.COM — UPDATED about 11 hours ago

Defence Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif on Friday confirmed the recent development that former army chief General (retd) Raheel Sharif was made the chief of 39-nation Islamic military coalition formed to combat terrorism.

Speaking during a talk show at Geo TV, Asif admitted that an agreement in this regard was finalised few days back; however, the defence minister said he didn’t have much information at the moment about the details of the said agreement.

Asif said that the decision to appoint Gen (retd) Raheel, who retired in November 2016, was taken after taking the incumbent government into confidence.

"No, definitely our government's consent must have been part of this," he replied when asked if the decision was taken in Riyadh or Islamabad.

The defence minister said that any such assignment or posting requires proper clearance from the government and General Headquarters (GHQ) both and confirmed that the due process was followed before finalising the agreement. He was, however, unaware of the exact details.

“As you are aware that this thing was in the pipeline for quite some time and the prime minister was also part of the deliberations,” Asif said.

He was of the opinion that formation of such an alliance is a good step, as the “Muslim Ummah is in a spot of bother right now and needs unity among its ranks”.

The headquarters of the Saudi-led coalition would be based in Riyadh.

Also read: Pakistan will not participate in conflict that divides Muslim Ummah: Khawaja Asif

Pakistan had initially found itself in the crosshairs of Middle Eastern politics as Saudi Arabia named it as part of its newly formed military alliance of Muslim countries meant to combat terrorism, without first getting its consent.

However, after initial ambiguity, the government had confirmed its participation in the alliance, but had said that the scope of its participation would be defined after Riyadh shared the details of the coalition it was assembling.

The coalition was envisaged to serve as a platform for security cooperation, including provision of training, equipment and troops, and involvement of religious scholars for dealing with extremism.

The Saudi government had surprised many countries by announcing that it had forged a coalition for coordinating and supporting military operations against terrorism in Iraq, Syria, Libya, Egypt and Afghanistan.

Iran, Saudi Arabia's archrival for influence in the Arab world, was absent from the states named as participants, as proxy conflicts between the two regional powers rage from Syria to Yemen.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1306798

When u have united Europe y can't united muslim states?

You should ask the Arabs...

It is not a worry when I know he will NOT be appointed as commander. Background advisor maybe but not commander of the force.

No need to worry because he will not be appointed as commander for reasons stated in my earlier posts. So relax.

Well if they want to use him as someone to take the blame then they might put their egos aside.

Is it the post created by Saudi's themselves? Or the alliance?

What makes me so sure? Well Arabs - I mean the 'real Arabs' of the peninsula who have the oil have gotten very arrogant. Their heads are floating in the skies and from that elevated position they look down at Pakistani's even if they need them to do their dirty work. The only people they see eye to eye or respect are Americans, British, French and other Europeans (in that order) and I can't see how they would place a Pakistani in command of a alliance force where he would be the numero uno. Advisor yes or consultant hidden away from the public limelight but with full glory of command nah!

I don't know if you guy's know about Battle of Khafji. This was fought in the First Gulf War when a Iraqi armoured battalion drove straight into the Saudi border town of Khafji trapping two US Marine recon platoons. This action caught the American's by surprise and everybody including Saudi's high tailed it out of that town. Then a Saudi and Qatari battle group was sent in to take back Khafji and save the American's. In the tough hand to hand fighting that followed the Saudi's ran away but the Qatari unit held ground and shouldered most of the battle leading to eventally the Iraqi's being thrown out.

Link > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Khafji

What most people did not know was that most of the Qatari unit was made of contract Pakistani soldiers. However their heroism was 'stolen' when the Saudi General (some Prince) took all the credit and Pakstani contribution was buried in history books. This is typical example of Saudi's or other Arabs do.

I mean if KSA or rest of GCC had shred of real respect for Pakistan instead of 'buying out' piecemeal our skills I would ask @Zarvan and other cheerleaders for the ummah why did they NOT hire Pakistan Army to kick the Iraqi's out of Kuwait? Either they thought Pakistan was incapable or they much preferred to hand over $100 billion to America to get the job done.

Can you imagine if they had given that job to Pakistan? It would have given Pakistan a chance to make it's name in history and earn over $100 billion enough to buy all those toys PDF'ers dream of. Also no 'kaffir' army would have stepped their foot on the soil of KSA. Instead they hired the 'Jarheads' to do the job. So much for Muslim Ummah !

So in 2017 I hardly expect these people to privilage a Pakistan by placing him in a command level position that enjoys widespread publicity in the open that goes against the stereotype that has been built up in GCC of Pakistan as 'M
iskeen'. It is for this reason I would would be most surprised if I am wrong.
How dare you show mirror to worshippers of Umma Chumma,you have committed blasphemy against holy Arabs,you filthy Ajmi...

Cause Muslims don't want to be united. Ugly truth.
Im a muslim i want to be united. And im sure majority of people does but they have no power to do so, it is just few power hungry at top and other sectarian minded who doesn't want it to be.

Back
Top Bottom