What's new

Rafale vs. F-16 ۔ The real comparison is between the capabilities of the Pakistan air force and Indian air force

poorly written article by a rookie. you cant be a journalist and bragger at the same time. quality of background work done to write the article is poor to laughable and context can't compete with essay of a 5th grade kid..

Just to point out few points -
- "humiliating defeat in Ladakh" - typical example of cheerleading for China. Not knowing Chinese causalities does not mean Chinese didn't suffer. Even the Chinese were honest to admit casualties, but didn't give numbers. The situation is still ongoing and there is a possibility of resolution by negotiation.

- " India lacks the art and the courage to use its sophisticated weapons to harm others " - again similar bragging was heard in 1960s. India went to war 4 times in last 70 years and 3 additional major conflicts - Siachen, Kargil and Srilanka. in most of the times, Pakistan were at the receiving end of India using arms. Ask any soldiers who fought India or someone posted in LOC. they will tell you the real stories

- "60% of Indian missile test are failure" - not worth any comment. even typical low end Pakistani trolls do better than that

- Pakistan Pilots are better trained than Indian" - I heard the folklore for many years now. Please provide some substance - like flight time per pilot, exposure to different platforms, participation in bi lateral or multilateral exercise, investment, infrastructure or even education background to make some comparison. India and Pakistan never participated in multilateral exercise for us to come to some conclusion, only hard fact will make sense to prove that pakistanis are better trained than Indian. on contrary, in all the fields where Indian and Pakistanis compete in global platforms in science, technology, education or business, pakistanis dont even come close to Indians. So how magically PAF can produce superlative fighter pilots than IAF is a mystery that needs solving ..

I appreciate that you are trying to improve your writing and it may not come naturally given your background. Pathetic quality can't be an excuse for lack for experience.

your honest critic
An Indian

US Generals in the past 10 years have clearly said its system vs system not aeroplane vs aeroplane

- Pakistan Pilots are better trained than Indian" -

100% true

you are just ignorant
pakistanis dont even come close to Indians.

100% false.
Pakistan were at the receiving end of India using arms

false again
Pathetic quality can't be an excuse for lack for experience.

100% description of indian airforce
your honest critic
An Indian

an oxymoron ... indian intelligence ?.. what is that?
So how magically PAF can produce superlative fighter pilots than IAF is a mystery that needs solving .

It isnt magical.. it is just a historical fact
- "60% of Indian missile test are failure" - not worth any comment. even typical low end Pakistani trolls do better than that

i disagree.. also

99% of indian missiles test are failures and then indians give up and just end up importing everything and renaming it with a hindu name...

Last edited:
100% true

you are just ignorant

100% false.

false again

100% description of indian airforce

an oxymoron ... indian intelligence ?.. what is that?

It isnt magical.. it is just a historical fact

i disagree.. also

99% of indian missiles test are failures and then indians give up and just end up importing everything and renaming it with a hindu name...
you are an ideal representation of what Pakistan is today in world affairs and why it is so..

with the kind of superiority you think you have in men and motivation .. the kind of support you believe Kashmiris have for you and the kind of Jazba your society seems to have for the cause, you should have rolled over India a 100 times in past 70 years..

Where did he said anything about strike range, he is talking about ferry range of both fighters.

F-16 Ferry range: 2,277 nmi (2,620 mi, 4,217 km) with drop tanks.

Rafale Ferry range: 3,700 km (2,300 mi, 2,000 nmi) with 3 drop tanks.

I was going by the posted article: Please see the below, paragraph taken from initial post. I will highlight the sentence that prompted my response. Sorry if my comprehension is not at the same level as others, in that cause my sincere apologize in advance.

===
"Comparison of strike range

In the strike range, the F-16 has a clear lead over Rafale.
The range of F-16 is 4220 km but Rafale’s is only 3700 km. Pakistani F-16 also has a lead over Rafale in speed. The Rafale has a top speed of 2130 km ph while the F-16 has a range of 2414 km ph. With a greater ceiling ability of 300 meters per second Rafale has an advantage over F-16’s 254 meters per second. However, the altitude of both planes is 50,000 feet. "
===

PS: My objective here is not to start "mine is bigger then yours" competition, so again apologize in advance if my post came across as rude or unwarranted. However the paragraph heading and first sentence is leading you towards "Strike Range"

I was going by the posted article: Please see the below, paragraph taken from initial post. I will highlight the sentence that prompted my response. Sorry if my comprehension is not at the same level as others, in that cause my sincere apologize in advance.

===
"Comparison of strike range

In the strike range, the F-16 has a clear lead over Rafale.
The range of F-16 is 4220 km but Rafale’s is only 3700 km. Pakistani F-16 also has a lead over Rafale in speed. The Rafale has a top speed of 2130 km ph while the F-16 has a range of 2414 km ph. With a greater ceiling ability of 300 meters per second Rafale has an advantage over F-16’s 254 meters per second. However, the altitude of both planes is 50,000 feet. "
===

PS: My objective here is not to start "mine is bigger then yours" competition, so again apologize in advance if my post came across as rude or unwarranted. However the paragraph heading and first sentence is leading you towards "Strike Range"
Dear Brother. I am sorry , that subheading might been confusing , I have edited and hope its fine now

With the exception of NATO combat exercises, the F-16 and the Rafale have never met in any real air combat. So people are wondering if the Pakistan Air Force's 30-year-old version of the F-16 will be able to compete with India's latest Rafale.

My rational and logical answer is that in cricket, the ability of a batsman is more important than the quality of the bat and the skill of an aviator plays a decisive role in aerial warfare.

The measure of a country's superiority in this cold war era is the capability of its warplanes and the modernity of other weapons. Therefore, every major country is in the race to become a super-military power by building more powerful fighter jets and destructive weapons than others. In fact, the economy of all major countries today is largely dependent on the arms industry, its demand and sale in the world market.

The lucrative armaments industry in Europe and the United States is alive and billions of dollars can be earned from the arms trade by creating hot climate of war and border tensions around the world.

After the humiliating defeat in Ladakh, the United States and European countries are exacerbating fears of a sense of inferiority in India, urging it to buy more and more advanced weapons. Under this pretext, their arms business is growing. And the corruption kingdoms of Narendra Modi are creating opportunities for the government to make money from commissions

The world knows that India lacks the art and the courage to use its sophisticated weapons to harm others. But India, the greatest enemy of peace, is a master at conspiracy theories in other countries, such as the Mukti Bahini, PTT and anti-state terrorism patronage of Baloch insurgents.

The Rafale vs. F-16 is more of a competition between US and French armaments than a comparison of Pakistani and Indian aircraft. Where India, despite doubling its apparent military might, suffers from an incurable feeling of inferiority, fearing the terror of Pakistani missiles and the magical capabilities of pilots.

Design, engine and basic features

Rafale is a 4.5 generation double-engine fighter and F-16 is a fourth generation single engine aircraft. The wingspan of the Raphael is 10.90 meters and that of the F16 is 9.96 meters. The length of the Raphael is 15.30 meters and that of the F-16 is 15.06 meters. Therefore, in terms of volume, the two planes are almost identical.

The empty Rafale weighs 10 tons while the F-16 weighs 9.2 tons. Raphael can carry 24.5 tons of weapons. The F-16 has a payload capacity of 21.7 tons. Therefore, due to the large number of weapons in the Rafale, it seems to have an apparent advantage over the F-16 in air combat. But according to world observers, Pakistani fighter pilots are far ahead of Indian fighter pilots in air combating skills.

Comparison of speed and combat radius

In the strike capability the F-16 has a clear lead over Rafale. The combat radius of F-16 is 4220 km but Rafale’s is only 3700 km. Pakistani F-16 also has a lead over Rafale in speed. The Rafale has a top speed of 2130 km ph while the F-16 has a range of 2414 km ph. With a greater ceiling ability of 300 meters per second Rafale has an advantage over F-16’s 254 meters per second. However, the altitude of both planes is 50,000 feet.

Comparison of weapons

The Rafale is equipped with Mica air-to-air missiles, SCALP long-range missiles, laser-guided bombs, AM39 anti-ship missiles, GIAT-30 guns, meteor long-range air-to-air missiles and air-to-surface weapons. F-16 can hit 20 targets identified in 84 km radius and Rafale can hit 40 targets identified in 100 km radius

On the other hand, F-16 has Penguin anti-ship missiles, cluster bombs, runway destroyers, AIM 9 sidewinder short-range air missiles, AIM-120 mid-range air missiles, GPS-guided bombs and other deadly Arms. The F-16 can also has nuclear weapons, conventional drop-bomb capabilities and a 20mm Vulcan gun.

According to the bragging Indian media, Rafale is equipped with semi-stealth technology but the F16 doesn't have that capability. Therefore, the combination of India's SU-30 and the Rafale would be disastrous for the Pakistan Air Force.

But Indian media should remember the Operation Swift Retort and the humiliating horror of the Indian Air Force with Russian SU-30 and Sukhoi, French Mirage 2000 and the British Jaguar. Pakistan old version F-16, self-made JF-17 Thunder and the 50 year old Mirage taught them a historical lesson that will always be remembered

The history of Pakistani pilots performance is more than an excellent. The Israeli planes that were destroyed by Pakistani pilots in the Arab-Israeli war were also much more powerful than the Arab planes. And in the Afghan war, Pakistan’s old version fighter jets successfully competed the latest Russian war planes of that time.

Where will India bring in air warfare artists like Pakistani M. M Alam who shot down 5 Indian jets within less than a minute and expert aviators like Hassan Siddiqui and Noman Khan who shot down modern Indian planes with old Pakistani planes.

Rafale can be bought from France, Indian pilots can be trained from USA and Israel. But the passion and talent of Pakistani pilots are not for sale in any market. The spirit of sacrificing one's life and the heroism for motherland are not found at shops

FAROOQ RASHID BUTT

Pound to pound/$ to $ f16b72 IMO outclass rafale

Reason why india choose rafale were reliability, offset, open to india specific modifications and kick backs

Rafale can be bought from France, Indian pilots can be trained from USA and Israel. But the passion and talent of Pakistani pilots are not for sale in any market. The spirit of sacrificing one's life and the heroism for motherland are not found at shops.

FAROOQ RASHID BUTT

I will start by stating that Pakistan has the talent blessed by Allah Subhanahu Wata'aalah. Yes Pakistan was blessed victory over it's enemies on 22nd Jamadi-u-Thani, 1440 (28/02/2019), this auspicious day. If you stand strong with faith in your hearts, for Allah Subhanahu Wata'aalah, then you are afforded greatness with HIS blessings.

With that said, I speak to you, Mr. Farooq Rashid Butt and my fellow countrymen (Muslims), and come with a glaring warning. Choose your friends carefully, for there are those who disguise themselves as friends, but are a trap set by your enemies.

You, Mr. Butt, proclaim that Pakistani fighter pilots' are not for sale. There is some manner of discrepancy in that statement. As Pakistan, in the past, has helped (gullibly so) the Najdi states of Jazeerat-ul-Arab in the past. And when the time came for their support, whom did these Najdi regimes choose over Pakistan? Answer, india and israel. Our friendship was betrayed when these Najdi govts embraced both countries who are hostile toward Islam. Lest we forget who we truly are .... Ummi of Nabi Muhammad Alaihi Salaat-u-Wassalam.

So now I direct your attention to yet another gullible mistake which Pakistan is making. And that is it's blind support for Turkey and Azerbaijan. For those who are truly Muslims among these nations, I stand with them if they truly, and I mean truly stand with Allah Subhanahu Wata'aalah. But as for their leaderships, they are a "Trojan Horse" for Pakistan. Let me warn you again, the leaderships of these two countries and their elite, are intricately intertwined with zionist israel.

The talent you so proudly (and rightly so) speak of, is on open display with the Turks. As it has been documented, that when the coup took place in Turkey, against Erdogan. The turkish air force was facing an acute depletion of fighter pilots, as a large sum of them was sent to the gallows (in a manner of speaking). This is where Pakistan stepped in, to help our fellow Muslim brother country out.

Remember, israel classifies Pakistan as a direct threat to its existence. You should also remember (which I hope that the Pakistani military establishment is aware of) that Turkey and israel have deep military ties that span across for decades. Also, a sizable portion of Turkish economy, it's elite and it's military is intricately attached to israel.

So this is a clear as day light warning to Pakistan. Choose carefully who you befriend, because the one who does have your interest at heart, is most certainly not aligned to israel. Specifically not at such intricate levels, as Turkey and Azerbaijan are.

I am NOT your enemy, I am a Muslim, my fellow countrymen are Muslims and Pakistan was created on the basis of Islam (like or not, that is FACT). As such, my primary concern is Pakistan's security and to spot where the next threat will emerge from.

Those who know me from another forum, know how ruthless I am toward Najdi saudis, emiratis, qataris, bahrainis and kuwaitis. I warned my fellow countrymen back then, and you didn't listen. I warned about the dangers of bollywood filth and indian media spreading poison in Pakistani homes. You didn't listen! Today I warn about the dangers of friendship with Turkey, Azerbaijan and their intimate relationship with zionist israel. Don't heed my warnings to your own detriment.

73 years of Pakistan's existence, where was Turkey standing with Kashmir and Palestine? Answer, in bed with israel. Now you've got a PR blitz, with turkish soap operas and faux historical erdugul sweeping Pakistanis off their feet. Tell you what .... Don't blame anyone when turkish betrayal comes knocking on your heads, when the time is near. For someone who has his eyes (of the soul) open and the fear of Allah Subhanahu Wata'aalah in their hearts, that person will not be suckered into the caca-meme nonsense parading around on the TV screens of every Pakistani home.

Out from the fire and into the frying pan. Don't make that mistake Mr. Butt and my fellow Pakistanis. Be very watchful of whom you consider your Muslim brothers. I know the gutter-rats in the East (india) will be jumping in their seats when they read this. But even they know what sort of a Patriot I am for Pakistan. I just hope that you know better, what sort of a Muslim I really am.

Ma'assalamah!

Mujahid

Last edited by a moderator:
I will start by stating that Pakistan has the talent blessed by Allah Subhanahu Wata'aalah. Yes Pakistan was blessed victory over it's enemies on 22nd Jamadi-u-Thani, 1440 (28/02/2019), this auspicious day. If you stand strong with faith in your hearts, for Allah Subhanahu Wata'aalah, then you are afforded greatness with HIS blessings.

With that said, I speak to you, Mr. Farooq Rashid Butt and my fellow countrymen (Muslims), and come with a glaring warning. Choose your friends carefully, for there are those who disguise themselves as friends, but are a trap set by your enemies.

You, Mr. Butt, proclaim that Pakistani fighter pilots' are not for sale. There is some manner of discrepancy in that statement. As Pakistan, in the past, has helped (gullibly so) the Najdi states of Jazeerat-ul-Arab in the past. And when the time came for their support, whom did these Najdi regimes choose over Pakistan? Answer, india and israel. Our friendship was betrayed when these Najdi govts embraced both countries who are hostile toward Islam. Lest we forget who we truly are .... Ummi of Nabi Muhammad Alaihi Salaat-u-Wassalam.

So now I direct your attention to yet another gullible mistake which Pakistan is making. And that is it's blind support for Turkey and Azerbaijan. For those who are truly Muslims among these nations, I stand with them if they truly, and I mean truly stand with Allah Subhanahu Wata'aalah. But as for their leaderships, they are a "Trojan Horse" for Pakistan. Let me warn you again, the leaderships of these two countries and their elite, are intricately intertwined with zionist israel.

The talent you so proudly (and rightly so) speak of, is on open display with the Turks. As it has been documented, that when the coup took place in Turkey, against Erdogan. The turkish air force was facing an acute depletion of fighter pilots, as a large sum of them was sent to the gallows (in a manner of speaking). This is where Pakistan stepped in, to help our fellow Muslim brother country out.

Remember, israel classifies Pakistan as a direct threat to its existence. You should also remember (which I hope that the Pakistani military establishment is aware of) that Turkey and israel have deep military ties that span across for decades. Also, a sizable portion of Turkish economy, it's elite and it's military is intricately attached to israel.

So this is a clear as day light warning to Pakistan. Choose carefully who you befriend, because the one who does have your interest at heart, is most certainly not aligned to israel. Specifically not at such intricate levels, as Turkey and Azerbaijan are.

I am NOT your enemy, I am a Muslim, my fellow countrymen are Muslims and Pakistan was created on the basis of Islam (like or not, that is FACT). As such, my primary concern is Pakistan's security and to spot where the next threat will emerge from.

Those who know me from Pakistanidefenseforum.com, know how ruthless I am toward Najdi saudis, emiratis, qataris, bahrainis and kuwaitis. I warned my fellow countrymen back then, and you didn't listen. I warned about the dangers of bollywood filth and indian media spreading poison in Pakistani homes. You didn't listen! Today I warn about the dangers of friendship with Turkey, Azerbaijan and their intimate relationship with zionist israel. Don't heed my warnings to your own detriment.

73 years of Pakistan's existence, where was Turkey standing with Kashmir and Palestine? Answer, in bed with israel. Now you've got a PR blitz, with turkish soap operas and faux historical erdugul sweeping Pakistanis off their feet. Tell you what .... Don't blame anyone when turkish betrayal comes knocking on your heads, when the time is near. For someone who has his eyes (of the soul) open and the fear of Allah Subhanahu Wata'aalah in their hearts, that person will not be suckered into the caca-meme nonsense parading around on the TV screens of every Pakistani home.

Out from the fire and into the frying pan. Don't make that mistake Mr. Butt and my fellow Pakistanis. Be very watchful of whom you consider your Muslim brothers. I know the gutter-rats in the East (india) will be jumping in their seats when they read this. But even they know what sort of a Patriot I am for Pakistan. I just hope that you know better, what sort of a Muslim I really am.

Ma'assalamah!

Mujahid
Dear Brother . AOA
It is not possible to disagree with your pro-Islamic and patriotic thinking. Some of your statements are certainly true and I disagree with some as well. I will post a detailed article soon regarding the questions you have raised here

Regards

With the exception of NATO combat exercises, the F-16 and the Rafale have never met in any real air combat. So people are wondering if the Pakistan Air Force's 30-year-old version of the F-16 will be able to compete with India's latest Rafale.

My rational and logical answer is that in cricket, the ability of a batsman is more important than the quality of the bat and the skill of an aviator plays a decisive role in aerial warfare.

The measure of a country's superiority in this cold war era is the capability of its warplanes and the modernity of other weapons. Therefore, every major country is in the race to become a super-military power by building more powerful fighter jets and destructive weapons than others. In fact, the economy of all major countries today is largely dependent on the arms industry, its demand and sale in the world market.

The lucrative armaments industry in Europe and the United States is alive and billions of dollars can be earned from the arms trade by creating hot climate of war and border tensions around the world.

After the humiliating defeat in Ladakh, the United States and European countries are exacerbating fears of a sense of inferiority in India, urging it to buy more and more advanced weapons. Under this pretext, their arms business is growing. And the corruption kingdoms of Narendra Modi are creating opportunities for the government to make money from commissions

The world knows that India lacks the art and the courage to use its sophisticated weapons to harm others. But India, the greatest enemy of peace, is a master at conspiracy theories in other countries, such as the Mukti Bahini, PTT and anti-state terrorism patronage of Baloch insurgents.

The Rafale vs. F-16 is more of a competition between US and French armaments than a comparison of Pakistani and Indian aircraft. Where India, despite doubling its apparent military might, suffers from an incurable feeling of inferiority, fearing the terror of Pakistani missiles and the magical capabilities of pilots.

Design, engine and basic features

Rafale is a 4.5 generation double-engine fighter and F-16 is a fourth generation single engine aircraft. The wingspan of the Raphael is 10.90 meters and that of the F16 is 9.96 meters. The length of the Raphael is 15.30 meters and that of the F-16 is 15.06 meters. Therefore, in terms of volume, the two planes are almost identical.

The empty Rafale weighs 10 tons while the F-16 weighs 9.2 tons. Raphael can carry 24.5 tons of weapons. The F-16 has a payload capacity of 21.7 tons. Therefore, due to the large number of weapons in the Rafale, it seems to have an apparent advantage over the F-16 in air combat. But according to world observers, Pakistani fighter pilots are far ahead of Indian fighter pilots in air combating skills.

Comparison of speed and combat radius

In the strike capability the F-16 has a clear lead over Rafale. The combat radius of F-16 is 4220 km but Rafale’s is only 3700 km. Pakistani F-16 also has a lead over Rafale in speed. The Rafale has a top speed of 2130 km ph while the F-16 has a range of 2414 km ph. With a greater ceiling ability of 300 meters per second Rafale has an advantage over F-16’s 254 meters per second. However, the altitude of both planes is 50,000 feet.

Comparison of weapons

The Rafale is equipped with Mica air-to-air missiles, SCALP long-range missiles, laser-guided bombs, AM39 anti-ship missiles, GIAT-30 guns, meteor long-range air-to-air missiles and air-to-surface weapons. F-16 can hit 20 targets identified in 84 km radius and Rafale can hit 40 targets identified in 100 km radius

On the other hand, F-16 has Penguin anti-ship missiles, cluster bombs, runway destroyers, AIM 9 sidewinder short-range air missiles, AIM-120 mid-range air missiles, GPS-guided bombs and other deadly Arms. The F-16 can also has nuclear weapons, conventional drop-bomb capabilities and a 20mm Vulcan gun.

According to the bragging Indian media, Rafale is equipped with semi-stealth technology but the F16 doesn't have that capability. Therefore, the combination of India's SU-30 and the Rafale would be disastrous for the Pakistan Air Force.

But Indian media should remember the Operation Swift Retort and the humiliating horror of the Indian Air Force with Russian SU-30 and Sukhoi, French Mirage 2000 and the British Jaguar. Pakistan old version F-16, self-made JF-17 Thunder and the 50 year old Mirage taught them a historical lesson that will always be remembered

The history of Pakistani pilots performance is more than an excellent. The Israeli planes that were destroyed by Pakistani pilots in the Arab-Israeli war were also much more powerful than the Arab planes. And in the Afghan war, Pakistan’s old version fighter jets successfully competed the latest Russian war planes of that time.

Where will India bring in air warfare artists like Pakistani M. M Alam who shot down 5 Indian jets within less than a minute and expert aviators like Hassan Siddiqui and Noman Khan who shot down modern Indian planes with old Pakistani planes.

Rafale can be bought from France, Indian pilots can be trained from USA and Israel. But the passion and talent of Pakistani pilots are not for sale in any market. The spirit of sacrificing one's life and the heroism for motherland are not found at shops

FAROOQ RASHID BUTT

Azam shot down a Dassault Mystère IV, a Vautour and a Mirage III.
Only the last one was really state of the art in 1967.
The Israeli Air Force already had plans to phase out the Mystère IV when the six day war started. The Vautour II was a bomber. Both were phased out in 1971.

Azam shot down a Dassault Mystère IV, a Vautour and a Mirage III.
Only the last one was really state of the art in 1967.
The Israeli Air Force already had plans to phase out the Mystère IV when the six day war started. The Vautour II was a bomber. Both were phased out in 1971.
He shot down the Mystere fighter jet while flying in a Hunter which was more or less in same class as the French aircraft.

You see what I mean yet ?

LoL, good one but don't bother with logic or you will be encountered with a logic penalty box. The countries he mentioned have armed forces which are either non-existent or are just minnows. Since when Libya was considered having a formidable armed forces?

SU30-MKI was considered raptor of the east and maniacs at bharatrakhshak forum didn't get tired making fun of Pak Armed Forces. Ofcurse Feb 29, 2019 changed all that. You cannot argue with logics with a teenager and folks at bharatrakhshak. I recall a script from Fizaya The Psyche of Pakistan Airforce, where the authors mentioned that PAF has learned its lesson well after the '71 war and may well surprise the IAF in the next conflict and Feb 29th showed a small peek into that.

Dear Indian! Thank you for your sincere advice and kind guidance. I will do my best to study more to know the reasons , why the world's most sophisticated Indian soldiers could not wield weapons in Ladakh and how they were killed by sticks only.
See this sentence right there, sums up your ignorance and unwillingness to look at facts.
Just FYI, there is an agreement with the Chinese military that firearms will not be used in any border skirmishes. Rest of your post was not worth reading. I suggest you stick to facts if you can.
That is strike, it still hasn't ever faced in air to air combat. Even Brazillian cheap planes have been involved in strikes in Afghanistan.
The member asked a general question about theaters Rafale was involved in. Those were indeed strike missions and the aircraft had to be specifically configured for SEAD and strike sorties.

Last edited:
Worst thing is looking at his age (by his profile photo I'm assuming) he seems to be like a 10 years old kid's spirit stucked up into the body of an old man..... :)
It doesn't suit your kind to judge others in that sense, remember you belong to a nation whose leaders fool their nation on daily basis by fighting a two front war....whatever their age or spirit maybe, but their head is certainly stuck up where Sun don't shine.

Back
Top Bottom