What's new

Rafale vs. F-16 ۔ The real comparison is between the capabilities of the Pakistan air force and Indian air force

FAROOQ RASHID BUTT

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Rafale vs F-16 and PAF vs IAF.jpg

With the exception of NATO combat exercises, the F-16 and the Rafale have never met in any real air combat. So people are wondering if the Pakistan Air Force's 30-year-old version of the F-16 will be able to compete with India's latest Rafale.

My rational and logical answer is that in cricket, the ability of a batsman is more important than the quality of the bat and the skill of an aviator plays a decisive role in aerial warfare.

The measure of a country's superiority in this cold war era is the capability of its warplanes and the modernity of other weapons. Therefore, every major country is in the race to become a super-military power by building more powerful fighter jets and destructive weapons than others. In fact, the economy of all major countries today is largely dependent on the arms industry, its demand and sale in the world market.

The lucrative armaments industry in Europe and the United States is alive and billions of dollars can be earned from the arms trade by creating hot climate of war and border tensions around the world.

After the humiliating defeat in Ladakh, the United States and European countries are exacerbating fears of a sense of inferiority in India, urging it to buy more and more advanced weapons. Under this pretext, their arms business is growing. And the corruption kingdoms of Narendra Modi are creating opportunities for the government to make money from commissions

The world knows that India lacks the art and the courage to use its sophisticated weapons to harm others. But India, the greatest enemy of peace, is a master at conspiracy theories in other countries, such as the Mukti Bahini, PTT and anti-state terrorism patronage of Baloch insurgents.

The Rafale vs. F-16 is more of a competition between US and French armaments than a comparison of Pakistani and Indian aircraft. Where India, despite doubling its apparent military might, suffers from an incurable feeling of inferiority, fearing the terror of Pakistani missiles and the magical capabilities of pilots.

Design, engine and basic features

Rafale is a 4.5 generation double-engine fighter and F-16 is a fourth generation single engine aircraft. The wingspan of the Raphael is 10.90 meters and that of the F16 is 9.96 meters. The length of the Raphael is 15.30 meters and that of the F-16 is 15.06 meters. Therefore, in terms of volume, the two planes are almost identical.

The empty Rafale weighs 10 tons while the F-16 weighs 9.2 tons. Raphael can carry 24.5 tons of weapons. The F-16 has a payload capacity of 21.7 tons. Therefore, due to the large number of weapons in the Rafale, it seems to have an apparent advantage over the F-16 in air combat. But according to world observers, Pakistani fighter pilots are far ahead of Indian fighter pilots in air combating skills.

Comparison of speed and combat radius

In the strike capability the F-16 has a clear lead over Rafale. The combat radius of F-16 is 4220 km but Rafale’s is only 3700 km. Pakistani F-16 also has a lead over Rafale in speed. The Rafale has a top speed of 2130 km ph while the F-16 has a range of 2414 km ph. With a greater ceiling ability of 300 meters per second Rafale has an advantage over F-16’s 254 meters per second. However, the altitude of both planes is 50,000 feet.

Comparison of weapons

The Rafale is equipped with Mica air-to-air missiles, SCALP long-range missiles, laser-guided bombs, AM39 anti-ship missiles, GIAT-30 guns, meteor long-range air-to-air missiles and air-to-surface weapons. F-16 can hit 20 targets identified in 84 km radius and Rafale can hit 40 targets identified in 100 km radius

On the other hand, F-16 has Penguin anti-ship missiles, cluster bombs, runway destroyers, AIM 9 sidewinder short-range air missiles, AIM-120 mid-range air missiles, GPS-guided bombs and other deadly Arms. The F-16 can also has nuclear weapons, conventional drop-bomb capabilities and a 20mm Vulcan gun.

According to the bragging Indian media, Rafale is equipped with semi-stealth technology but the F16 doesn't have that capability. Therefore, the combination of India's SU-30 and the Rafale would be disastrous for the Pakistan Air Force.

But Indian media should remember the Operation Swift Retort and the humiliating horror of the Indian Air Force with Russian SU-30 and Sukhoi, French Mirage 2000 and the British Jaguar. Pakistan old version F-16, self-made JF-17 Thunder and the 50 year old Mirage taught them a historical lesson that will always be remembered

The history of Pakistani pilots performance is more than an excellent. The Israeli planes that were destroyed by Pakistani pilots in the Arab-Israeli war were also much more powerful than the Arab planes. And in the Afghan war, Pakistan’s old version fighter jets successfully competed the latest Russian war planes of that time.

Where will India bring in air warfare artists like Pakistani M. M Alam who shot down 5 Indian jets within less than a minute and expert aviators like Hassan Siddiqui and Noman Khan who shot down modern Indian planes with old Pakistani planes.

Rafale can be bought from France, Indian pilots can be trained from USA and Israel. But the passion and talent of Pakistani pilots are not for sale in any market. The spirit of sacrificing one's life and the heroism for motherland are not found at shops

FAROOQ RASHID BUTT

Last edited:
Rafale's been around for 30 years now, never seen action in its entire lifespan. Yet, people brag about it, F-16 has a proven record. Israel shot down 44 Syrian Planes with F-16s in a single air battle. Pakistan shot down 8 Soviet aircraft with its F-16s and an Indian Mig-21 last year.
Go and search for the rafale's record, all you will find is *cricket noises*

Your style of writing indicates to me you may be a former PAF member from a bygone era.

Stopped reading after the strike range :) oh joy, only if F-16 could truly strike at range of over 4K KM.

How many and which theaters has the Rafale seen action in ?
OEF 2002, Libya 2011, Mali 2013, against ISIS, Afghanistan, Syria to name a few.
No Dear Brother ! I am an ordinary student of defence topics , an ex banker and now a blogger of current affairs, history and defence topics.
I think, and it's my humble opinion, that you should stick to blogging on whatever banking protocols you know. Writing on defence and history topics require a level of understanding and gathering knowledge and information that takes years to hone. Unless you are pandering to the frontbenchers and rabble rousers.

OEF 2002, Libya 2011, Mali 2013, against ISIS, Afghanistan, Syria to name a few.

I think, and it's my humble opinion, that you should stick to blogging on whatever banking protocols you know. Writing on defence and history topics require a level of understanding and gathering knowledge and information that takes years to hone. Unless you are pandering to the frontbenchers and rabble rousers.

Dear Indian! Thank you for your sincere advice and kind guidance. I will do my best to study more to know the reasons , why the world's most sophisticated Indian soldiers could not wield weapons in Ladakh and how they were killed by sticks only.

I will try to study history and defense topics to find out why 60% of Indian missile tests get fail despite the Indian economy being ten times bigger than Pakistan. I will learn more of the history of secular India to know why Bal Thackeray and Narendra Modi brand terrorism is continues with 300 million Indian Muslims

As per your suggestion , I would like to learn more from history and defense study that why pellet guns and assault rifles bullets are fired at unarmed Kashmiri Muslims instead of Chinese at Ladakh border.

And just tell me، why you Indian friends find the truth more bitter than ever? Do you like being happy with the fake information of your bragging media and so called defence analysts? My dear just learn to listen the truth, world is not like that you hear from your liar leaders and media men. You would like to listen that Rafale can conquer whole of the China, with the combination of Jaguar , Sukhoi and Mirage 2000 you Indian are as strong as Russia , Great Britain and France are . . .

Encourage you to know the facts and digest the truth. The world and the global economy and society are not what your leaders and the media say they are. Do your own research with a sincere heart and honesty, you will know what the truth is. Who is a peace lover and who is an enemy of peace . Who is telling the truth and who is following the policy of making noise.

Stay blessed

Last edited:
IAF in the shape of Rafale, has the latest sensors and tech, while PAF has the experience to employ their birds very well. PAF needs to get better sensors and tech soon to fill the gap.
Not to mention IAF is also fast upgrading it's EW assets and acquiring new one. PAF will need to ensure it retains it's edge and expand its own capabilities as well as platforms. These will enable us to do what we did to India last year not just in a small area of operations but across the entire theatre from north to south. That is the edge we will need to beat them. It's the future of warfare. Man in the machine will matter less if the machine itself is far superior.

Stopped reading after the strike range :) oh joy, only if F-16 could truly strike at range of over 4K KM.
Where did he said anything about strike range, he is talking about ferry range of both fighters.

F-16 Ferry range: 2,277 nmi (2,620 mi, 4,217 km) with drop tanks.

Rafale Ferry range: 3,700 km (2,300 mi, 2,000 nmi) with 3 drop tanks.

We are lagging in hybrid war. This is where we need to win. We dont need to reiterate our forces capabilities. Your enemy does not fight to your strength but to your weakness.
Yes Sir you are right that we need to work better for hybrid warfare. But India uses anti-state terrorist elements inside its adversaries , its more than hybrid war

Back
Top Bottom