What's new

RAFALE VS F-16 BLOCK52+

Ok, as always and about ANYTHING, you guys will keep defending your item here. Be it Rafale or anything else. What you can't and won't produce it a legit document by a legit defense corresponding organization like JANES, AF MOnthly, etc. That says the Rafale is superior to the F-16 block 52, 60 and 70. Now you've introduced a new concept called Hacking the airplane.
Let me be honest here. Just by reading the fan boy crap. I know for a fact that you've never flown in an air combat scenario in your life. Nor do you have a decent enough background about EM systems used in jets with Avionics like DRFM (and your SPECTRA), not do you have a background in intelligence gathering like AWACS. So with that, I'll rest my case

Engine Config
F16blk52 - Singe Engine
Rafale - Twin Engine

In case of an engine failure Rafale's survivability is more than that of F16blk 52

Radar
Rafale : The IAF variant of rafale will come with AESA Radar
F16Blk52: AN/APG 68 is a very capable mechanical multi mode radar

(Advantages of AESA: AESA radars are emitting not only radar signals, but can also be employed for non traditional ISR, as well as electronic attack. For example, some of the elements can transmit and receive signals modulated with datalink waveform, transferring large amounts of data (such as live video or aerial imagery) over high bandwidth datalinks. Similar techniques can be used for electronic attack, to jam or deceive electronic systems operated by enemy forces. Also AESA radars have minimal maintenance requirement compared to mechanical radars, which can cause the entire system to be grounded. )

Engine thrust

F16 blk 52 uses the P&WF100-PW-229 generating 129KN of max thrust/ 79.17KN dry thrust where the mtow of the a/c is 21800 KG's

Rafales, with it's twin M88's produce max 150KN of max thrust and 100KN of dry thrust with mtow 24500

Also rafale can carry more ordinance than the blk 52.

Thrust to weight ratio
Rafale : 1.13
F16 blk 52- 0.98 (P&WF100-PW-229 max thrust is 29160lbs not 32400 lbs as in case of f16IN)

External stations

Rafale : 14 (5 'wet')
F16 : 11 (3 'wet')

Super cruise:

Rafale: 1+ Mach
F16Blk52: NA

Orangzeib

i HOPE WE POSTERS have helped educate on the differences between

a early 4th generation fighter (f16/52)& a late 4th generation fighter (rafale)

RADARS, EW SUITES, TWIN ENGINES, twr, SUPERIOR weapons, lower RCS/PROFILE make the rafale a better fighter.

the 25 year old F16 is good BUT not the ANSWER TO FIGHTING A MASSIVE SU30MKI/RAFALE fleet

Rafael is far superior than F-16,
J-10B cant win against Rafael.
Rafael, Typhoons and F-22 and 35 are real Fighting Machines.

Rafale is ahead of F-16 Block-52 plus in technology
but Pilot can make different

Says who? I ALSO have said it MULTIPLE times. The capability with its description (SPECTRA and Meteor) seems more advanced than what F-16 B 52's have to offer. Just AESA alone is an advancement.
What MY DIFFERENCE with you guys is some people mentioning things like F-16's stand NO CHANCE, etc, etc. I would LIKE to see a CREDIBLE source stating that it would be the case. That F-16 B52 stands NO CHANCE against the Rafale. I don't know why you guys KEEP bringing up the same freaking topic telling me its more advanced when I KNOW its more advanced. Give me a proof of where it says the F-16 B52 is a no match per the claims made in this post and that it'll blind the universe of F-16's, etc, etc and no Radar can touch it. So the issue is not if the technology is advanced. The issue is how the F-16 B52 is a NO MATCH for the Rafale.

ORANGZEIB
I SUGGEST YOU READ THIS FROM F16 PILOTS FORUMS they know more than me & you
http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_viewtopic-t-12736.html

Ok, so do me a favor. Don't tell me that "they know more than me & you". I know PRECISELY what I am asking for. I know F16.net very well for over five years. On the link you provided, there is ONE post that talks about the airframe design of Rafale vs. the Mirage 2k and how the Vortex help sustain movements, AOA and bleed (that Mirage 2k is known to be one of the worst in). So even in this post, it says 'theoretically' the better air frame helps the Rafale.
Nowhere does it say the Rafale had fought with 20 F-16 Block 52's and they all got killed like flys in the sky due to the superior platform. Rafale does have advance tech than the F-16 Block 52, I think that's already established. But it doesn't mean that it'll kill 50% of the F-16 B52 it'll see........

Your friends here are saying crap like that. That the F-16 will be blinded, hacked by the Rafale, it stands no chance, blah, blah, blah. So I'd like to see TWO credible sources that support that claim in black and white ink !!! I know more about F-16's and French tech than you can imagine. So let me stop here and see some verifiable data. Otherwise, please stop the crap so we can have a productive non-pipe dreaming fan boy discussion!

Says who? I ALSO have said it MULTIPLE times. The capability with its description (SPECTRA and Meteor) seems more advanced than what F-16 B 52's have to offer. Just AESA alone is an advancement.
What MY DIFFERENCE with you guys is some people mentioning things like F-16's stand NO CHANCE, etc, etc. I would LIKE to see a CREDIBLE source stating that it would be the case. That F-16 B52 stands NO CHANCE against the Rafale. I don't know why you guys KEEP bringing up the same freaking topic telling me its more advanced when I KNOW its more advanced. Give me a proof of where it says the F-16 B52 is a no match per the claims made in this post and that it'll blind the universe of F-16's, etc, etc and no Radar can touch it. So the issue is not if the technology is advanced. The issue is how the F-16 B52 is a NO MATCH for the Rafale.

yes if a upgraded mig21 bison with Israeli jammer stand a chance against a f15 why wouldn't f16blk 52 will not have a chance against rafale,f15 or f35 ? it certainly will..but only a slim chance.

Back
Top Bottom