What's new

RAFALE VS F-16 BLOCK52+

No AF in the world uses their EW suit to it's full capability except during war.Remember MKI's had to use the training mode of BARS radar during Cope India & Red Flag.

So the your government risked all out war.. possibly nuclear.. just to have some fun??

So you're implying they intruded for a training exercise?....pathetic!

It was no war and as per ur govt they intruded by mistake. Although i highly doubt it, most probably it was to analyse the reaction time of PAF.
It is a standerd practice to lock on to any intruders and not to fire untill being fired upon by any Airforce. Remember PAF f16 locked on By IAF mig29. Did IAF fired although a war was going on? In some cases common sense prevails.

Heck with flankers flying..........armed with R-73.........30 mm canon.....plus TVC.......I don't think even F-22 would get as close as 10 km.........never minds its Pakistan after all.

It was no war and as per ur govt they intruded by mistake. Although i highly doubt it, most probably it was to analyse the reaction time of PAF.
It is a standerd practice to lock on to any intruders and not to fire untill being fired upon by any Airforce. Remember PAF f16 locked on By IAF mig29. Did IAF fired although a war was going on? In some cases common sense prevails.

whats the point about EW in your whole Post????

whats the point about EW in your whole Post????

My point is that of S71blackbirds. Most probably IAF Su30MKI's were not operating their ew suit in full potential or power. As i said before they are not growlers and in such less distances a ew suit with less power will not prevail. Why should they use it??? In less than 10km it is a WVR combat or dogfight right. They would have only used the ew to Save the aircraft from missile attacks dont you think??

Well we can debate and go on forever without any results.

So you're implying they intruded for a training exercise?....pathetic!

They were on a mission to suck up what ever possible data they could about the ground radars, SAM systems etc..................check out for gaps.............if possible the reaction time..............In Red Flag training was secondary they gone to gather data on whatever Radar and electronic system they could...........which included data on the bandwidth and frequencies in wich F-16s operate...........and this was verified by a Colonel rank officer from USAF...........just in case..............If they had to fight a war they would've send a couple of sqadrons rather.

They were on a mission to suck up what ever possible data they could about the ground radars, SAM systems etc..................check out for gaps.............if possible the reaction time..............In Red Flag training was secondary they gone to gather data on whatever Radar and electronic system they could...........which included data on the bandwidth and frequencies in wich F-16s operate...........and this was verified by a Colonel rank officer from USAF...........just in case..............If they had to fight a war they would've send a couple of sqadrons rather.

I agree. May be Moderators like Santro can put some lights.

Hi DBC,

Those accounts of war were being handled with similiar kind of aircraft with similiar kind of capabilities----sabre a high altitude fighter---gnat a low altitude fighter----you fought the enemy from your position of strength----.

Then why do the pakistanis forget about the air to air missiles---the sidewinders---that they had on theF86 sabre in ----.

When I comparew wargame----I talk about what is in store today----every other compatriot talks about what we gonna have tomorrow----. But if it is all about tomorrow----then 75 to a 100 blk 52's including MLU's----100 FC20's and a 150 Jf 17 would suffice-----plus a high end ground to air missile defence system---short medium and long range.

Bottomline is---what kind of losses iaf can accept to its leading aircraft--and can still remain and operate as a striking air force---that will decide the war----.

I'm not sure you understood the Gerald Butler and 300 analogy, the movie is based on Battle of Thermopylae in which 300 Spartans led by King Leonidas prevented a 300,000 strong Persian force from marching into Greece. Similar success was achieved by Pakistani soldier(Northern Light Infantry) welding FIM-92A Stingers against the IAF in Kargil. The NLI neutralized the IAF within its own border by the skillful employment of FIM-92A Stingers in high altitude environment, this was the general conclusion of studies conducted by the several institutes including one conducted by the IAF.

It is widely recognized that light infantry supported by artillery is the preferred high altitude warfare strategy but it took several losses in both aircraft and personnel for the IAF to recognize the futility of its approach in Kargil. Then there is the IAF's poor choice of aircraft, MiG-21, MiG-27 and MI-17 all three were not equipped with flare dispenser the only available counter measure against the Stringer. The IAF was further hampered by incompatibility of communication gear, making coordination difficult and error prone. I could go on and on, but the bottom line is an air force is not assessed by the number and sophistication of the assets it has at its disposal but how these assets are employed in battle to achieve an objective. PAF vs IAF isn't a foregone conclusion simply because the IAF enjoys numerical superiority.

I'm not sure you understood the Gerald Butler and 300 analogy, the movie is based on Battle of Thermopylae in which 300 Spartans led by King Leonidas prevented a 300,000 strong Persian force from marching into Greece. Similar success was achieved by Pakistani soldier(Northern Light Infantry) welding FIM-92A Stingers against the IAF in Kargil. The NLI neutralized the IAF within its own border by the skillful employment of FIM-92A Stingers in high altitude environment, this was the general conclusion of studies conducted by the several institutes including one conducted by the IAF.

It is widely recognized that light infantry supported by artillery is the preferred high altitude warfare strategy but it took several losses in both aircraft and personnel for the IAF to recognize the futility of its approach in Kargil. Then there is the IAF's poor choice of aircraft, MiG-21, MiG-27 and MI-17 all three were not equipped with flare dispenser the only available counter measure against the Stringer. The IAF was further hampered by incompatibility of communication gear, making coordination difficult and error prone. I could go on and on, but the bottom line is an air force is not assessed by the number and sophistication of the assets it has at its disposal but how these assets are employed in battle to achieve an objective. PAF vs IAF isn't a foregone conclusion simply because the IAF enjoys numerical superiority.

where this comes from ?? :cheesy::cheesy::bunny::bunny:

Exactly the same scenario ,F 117 was shot down during a mission against the Army of Yugoslavia on 27 March 1999, during the Kosovo War By SA 3 GOA.IAF not only enjoys numerical but quality too ,jsut because we lost 2 jets in shoulder fired missiles doesn't make you some 300000 Persians and Pakistan as 300 spartas,You better read the whole article kargil ,who won what and who lost what....:angel::angel:

Exactly the same scenario ,F 117 was shot down during a mission against the Army of Yugoslavia on 27 March 1999, during the Kosovo War By SA 3 GOA.IAF not only enjoys numerical but quality too ,jsut because we lost 2 jets in shoulder fired missiles doesn't make you some 300000 Persians and Pakistan as 300 spartas,You better read the whole article kargil ,who won what and who lost what....:angel::angel:

NATO flew 21,000 sorties over Yugoslavia and lost only 2 aircraft. India flew 500 sorties during Kargil and lost four not a combat record I'd boast about.:lol:

NATO flew 21,000 sorties over Yugoslavia and lost only 2 aircraft. India flew 500 sorties during Kargil and lost four not a combat record I'd boast about.:lol:

dbc arent you over reacting these days to sad about the fact that f16 and f18 lost

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom