What's new

Rafale Scam - SaafBaat

China_Live_Drill_Exercise_In_Tibet_2.jpg

Our lines of communications from Ladakh to Northeast are tenuous, not in good state at the moment. Our forces lack mobility in the mountains,” “We do not have enough helicopters, light artillery and other equipment which can be fielded more easily in the mountains,” Gen V P Malik

Even if there was no skirmish, a long stand-off would take its own toll, he added. “We will require considerable amount of logistics and high-altitude conditioning of troops and equipment. Our troops are quite capable of going through that. But it will definitely have its financial and some health costs.”

Although the military had been raising concerns about lagging behind in defence preparedness and military transformation, Malik said, “somehow, both the public opinion and the government have not backed the armed forces in this and we have continued to neglect the defence of our northern border”.

“The mindset in the government,” he said, “has never recognised that we can have a serious confrontation with China sometime or the other. Otherwise why should our infrastructure on the northern border be so weak? We have been talking about infrastructure on the northern border from the time I was Army chief, that is nearly two decades ago. Plans were made but they remain on paper mostly.”

Speaking about the defence budget, he pointed out, “Even though the budget as a percentage of GDP has been going down every year, we are often unable to spend the capital side. We have been surrendering part of the budget so often.”

Recalling his controversial statement at the time of the Kargil War that “we will fight with what we have”, Malik said the situation was no better now. “Same kind of problems, attitudes that we faced in my time, the present lot [in the Army] seems to be facing,”

The comparision of the two deals is obviously made by an amateur.
The deal Modi signed included the 36 aircraft and a lot of other things,
including development of India specific features.
These are development costs and are charged for independent of the number of planes bought.

The French behaved like a car saleman, selling a car and after the customer
signs the purchase order, offers a good deal on the engine, the wheels,
and the seats which were not included in the contract.

The real price for 126 Rafale was $18-22B, but the comparision chart says $10.2B.

I would say that India purchased the Rafale with weapons and support for $146M a piece.
It also payed $3,5B for other things.

The anti-India stance of @ashok321 is a bit surprising.
I would not bad mouth Sweden this way.
Criticizing bad things is one thing, but he goes beyond this.
Is he a traitor, false flagger, or what?
What explains his behaviour?

Wow, never thought i would see a Swede feeling the pain of India and calling someone traitor so recklessly. It is amazing how being a salesperson changes one's stance in life.

@ashok321, i suggest you should report the post straightaway.

Sigh, Modi will still not buy the Gripen. :)

Wow, never thought i would see a Swede feeling the pain of India and calling someone traitor so recklessly. It is amazing how being a salesperson changes one's stance in life.

I doubt.
He must be flipping some burgers at McDonald Stockholm.

Where did I call him traitor?
I found his behaviour strange.
Being a traitor or false flagger was options I considered.
So I asked him to explain himself.
He claims his behaviour is because he does not like Modi.

I doubt.
He must be flipping some burgers at McDonald Stockholm.

Or one of the top engineers at engineering school.
Certainly one of these...

At least he has written a thorough article, very exhaustive and has backed it up with sources.
And here you are putting a dent into his article. Trying to be frivolous just because he is against Modi?
Man you are one pathetic yet disguised Indian living in Sweden.

You don't even seem to know an A of aviation, and you are out to malign a journalist whose bread n butter is earned from writing daily articles.

I repeat & reiterate, you do not know an "A" of aviation.

Here is a little test for you to come clear with Google at your disposal:

View attachment 419091

2)

View attachment 419092

3)

View attachment 419093

4)

View attachment 419094

5)

View attachment 419095

Come clean on these first, then attack others.

Its a Bhutanese and Chinese disputed land as agreed by Bhutan.

India has no business to transgress.
And you know everything about power generation.

He is not. Probably a Pakistani or Bangladeshi. Even traitors are not as shameless as @ashok321 is ... so probably a Pakistani.
No Bangladeshi.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom