What's new

Rafale pitted against PAF in 2006

Hamnay PAF F16s khali ANDAY denay kiliye rakhay howay hain. We are not allow by US to get our F-16s without US approval for any exercise xcept only in Turkey because US supervise Turkey military industry particularly F16s. :D:lol:

Hamnay PAF F16s khali ANDAY denay kiliye rakhay howay hain. We are not allow by US to get our F-16s without US approval for any exercise xcept only in Turkey because US supervise Turkey military industry particularly F16s. :D:lol:

It's nothing like that, remember these F-16s were supplied with CFTs, besides there's a perfect good reason for Americans to keep an eye on these aircraft as they also do elsewhere like UAEAF.

We should get an Aircraft Carrier like Charles de Gualle
I am seeing this alot... Why the hell pak need an aircraft carrier when it doesn't even have a good number of destroyers( forget about CBG)

Last edited:
You will need to dig up and read the comments by the French journalist who was embedded with Charles de Gaulle.

No issue dude, remember PAF checked out the Rafale along with EF Typhoon back in 2005 or so.

DSC08206.jpg
The world is very different. Rafale has moved on, so has PAF so IAF. From more than the platform, Its the capabilities that it brings to IAF just like JFT consolidating the capabilities which were once scattered in PAF.

The world is very different. Rafale has moved on, so has PAF so IAF. From more than the platform, Its the capabilities that it brings to IAF just like JFT consolidating the capabilities which were once scattered in PAF.
IAF had refuellers long before PAF, i believe we still don't have a system that mates with our F-16 fleet so for PAF acquiring CFTs along with bigger drop tanks was a major achievement.

IAF had refuellers long before PAF, i believe we still don't have a system that mates with our F-16 fleet so for PAF acquiring CFTs along with bigger drop tanks was a major achievement.
Would F-16s be actually used for deep strikes? We I don't think so. At most PAF F-16s can drop GBUs with no stand off weapons available in the arsenal like JFT and Mirages which come with a better range of weapons like AKG-400,H-4,H-2,RAAD etc.
This is what our falcons have
CrqUBKPWgAA4Xwb.jpg

Against what a falcon can have
AIR_F-16D-52_HAF_Tenagra_Airshow_2008_lg.jpg

Last edited:
Would F-16s be actually used for deep strikes? We I don't think so. At most PAF F-16s can drop GBUs with no stand off weapons available in the arsenal like JFT and Mirages which come with a better range of weapons like AKG-400,H-4,H-2,RAAD etc.
This is what our falcons have
CrqUBKPWgAA4Xwb.jpg

Against what a falcon can have
AIR_F-16D-52_HAF_Tenagra_Airshow_2008_lg.jpg

Now you are moving goal posts, in any case, PAF seldom discloses all that is available to it.
The beauty is, dollar for dollar, we can field a whole squadron of JF-17s for the price of say four Rafales.

Why have our airmen not switched to the Khaki/light brown coveralls like the ones ones used in the West?

Now you are moving goal posts, in any case, PAF seldom discloses all that is available to it.
The beauty is, dollar for dollar, we can field a whole squadron of JF-17s for the price of say four Rafales.
I actually couldn't see the continum in previous posts so as to how discussion came to F-16s having the need for CFTs from Rafales? So I took it as an distinct point. Well If PAF would have maintained a shroud of secracy we wouldnt have the news of buying AIM-120s, Harpoon Block II, GBUs,DB-110 targetting pods available. PAF cant maintain the secracy because bulk of PAF's buying for Flacon has been from CSF, so US DoD makes things public anyways. JFT suffers from the same thing because we have to sell it. The only case successful so far has been mirages largely because they carry most of "desi" weapons and hence no media buzz. That I agree that we can field more JFTs does PAF need to do so for matching the Rafale?

Last edited:
Hamnay PAF F16s khali ANDAY denay kiliye rakhay howay hain.

If that was the case then we would not have had to worry about sanctions. All we had to do was incubate the eggs and wait for them to hatch.

If that was the case then we would not have had to worry about sanctions. All we had to do was incubate the eggs and wait for them to hatch.
guess what now IAF gonna have all three type of eggs/egg recepies in this regard ... i mean Russian , French and Yamrican Eggs in the same basket (MKI, Rafale & F16 in IAF) :sarcastic:

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom