What's new

Rafale pitted against PAF in 2006

I still remember an interview of a PAF F-16 pilot who participated in one of the international Anadolu Kartali (Anatolian Eagles) exercises in Turkiye. PAF pilots were pitted against RAF Typhoons

"There were three set-ups and in all three, we shot down the Typhoons. The RAF pilots were shocked"

I think many are seeing through the timing of all this and preempting the "you may by the Rafale but we already know everything there is to know about it so aren't scared" nonsense I fully expect is on its way in a few weeks coupled with "you may have the vastly superior airforce on paper but we have the world's best super duper pilots who can shoot down an F-22 with a blindfold on in a F-7".

dude....your procurement and induction process is so slow and convoluted that by the time you actually induct them into squadrons and they are operational we will probably already be inducting new aircraft into our inventories

and I actually agree with Irfan Baloch - I dont see why some of you people are getting your panties all twisted in a knot. This is a defense forum and the topic is a defense topic.

That's exactly what I was thinking. What's the point of this thread which is a decade old? Lots has changed since then. I don't think the French would be contemplating another exercise with Pakistan due to the changed geopolitical environment and internal situation in Pakistan.

Geo political situation hasnt changed much. Our policies have been fairly the same since that time.

French are simply about being shown the money.....unless you're Russia in which case due to western pressure the arms deals (like Mistral frigate) were rescinded

Did I raised any question regarding thread, all I asked about the logic behind this particular post.
I don't see any PARTICULAR thing in that post. He just said we checked the jets back in 2005 and a smiley. So unless you have problem with smiley there I don't see any point of objection.

Another all too convenient "truth" many fanboys here like to parade around and let's just ignore the inherent differences in scale and procurement processes of India and Pakistan. By the way I've been hearing about Pakistan getting the J-10s and J-11s since before I joined PDF but whilst India makes tangible force additions, Pakistan speculates.

What aircraft will you be inducting when the Rafale starts being delivered to the IAF? Will it be as capable as the Rafale? Nope. So what is your point exactly?

On the contrary, India is the fastest growing large economy on the planet and ISAF are pulling out of Afghanistan and the West are thus less reliant on keeping Pakistan "on side" so your policies may have remained stable but the world has changed around you.
PAF had already decided about the fate of J-10 in its inventory a year ago....No Induction of J-10!

rafale is too costly than f-16s
f-16 is more suitable than any other due to maintenance and repair
even if any sanction impose than we can get spare parts from third channel
in case of ef and rafale
option are limited

pakistan_air_force_pilots_f-16_atlc_uae_2009_02.jpg

PAF and RAF pilots during DACT Exercise at UAEAF Air Warfare Centre at Al Dhafra 13 Nov - 7 Dec 2007. Seen in background are RAF Typhoon and Tornado F3 aircraft.

pakistan_air_force_pilots_f-16_atlc_uae_2009_01.jpg

No.9 Sqn F-16 pilots during visit to UAEAF Air Warfare Centre at Al Dhafra Nov-Dec'2007. No.9 squadron participated in DACT mission against UAEAF F-16 Block60 and Mirage-2000s, RAF Eurofighter Typhoons and Tornado-F3 aircraft.

@Horus, @Oscar, @Irfan Baloch, @fatman17

No more confusion about when did PAF fleeced the Typhoon and UAEAF Block-60 being checked out.

pakistan_air_force_pilots_f-16_atlc_uae_2009_02.jpg

PAF and RAF pilots during DACT Exercise at UAEAF Air Warfare Centre at Al Dhafra 13 Nov - 7 Dec 2007. Seen in background are RAF Typhoon and Tornado F3 aircraft.

pakistan_air_force_pilots_f-16_atlc_uae_2009_01.jpg

No.9 Sqn F-16 pilots during visit to UAEAF Air Warfare Centre at Al Dhafra Nov-Dec'2007. No.9 squadron participated in DACT mission against UAEAF F-16 Block60 and Mirage-2000s, RAF Eurofighter Typhoons and Tornado-F3 aircraft.

@Horus, @Oscar, @Irfan Baloch, @fatman17

No more confusion about when did PAF fleeced the Typhoon and UAEAF Block-60 being checked out.
top class and impressive stuff
thanks for sharing

Nice information. All countries allow the inspection and flight testing of their latest aircraft to potential buyers. It's a SOP for a sales pitch.

Pilots sent for advanced training to foreign war colleges often get to fly these 4th gen aircraft to see how they perform and are a great source of information for their respective air forces.

Nice information. All countries allow the inspection and flight testing of their latest aircraft to potential buyers. It's a SOP for a sales pitch.

Pilots sent for advanced training to foreign war colleges often get to fly these 4th gen aircraft to see how they perform and are a great source of information for their respective air forces.
Indeed, but my point was directed towards the news which virtually went viral, the disclosure made by a PAF pilot and later Alan Warnes that during an exercise, PAF F-16s took out the EF Typhoons in all three set ups.

what was the outcome of the exercise, can someone put more lights on it. did PAF F16 succeed in attack formation and suppress carrier defense system.

What was the Major role of Rafale, what was the kill ratio.

what was the outcome of the exercise, can someone put more lights on it. did PAF F16 succeed in attack formation and suppress carrier defense system.

What was the Major role of Rafale, what was the kill ratio.
I don't think PAF F-16s participated in that exercise, it was mostly Mirages and F-7s.
Not sure about overall results but i did read the F-7PGs had a feather or two in the cap.

I don't think PAF F-16s participated in that exercise, it was mostly Mirages and F-7s.
Not sure about overall results but i did read the F-7PGs had a feather or two in the cap.
Although the much maligned briefing after the red flag by the American Pilot made it appear as if its a supporting contest where there is a villain and a hero and there has to be a win.. but such war games are not based on something so pathetic and emotional Bollywood crap.
both "winning" and "loosing" sides take away the experience of a realist exercise as much as it can get from a real combat.

participating pilots of different friendly forces operating different era and role aircraft take away valuable experience otherwise ..I will quote the comments of Hornet pilot who participated in an exercise with German Mig 29s.

"exercising two similar aircraft doesn't benefit as much as it would if you are really facing an aircraft that your adversary will be fielding. the colour scheme doesn't turn an aggressor Hornet as a Fulcrum.

it would be a disaster if Rafales didn't score over all wins against vintage mirages and F-7s but our pilots must have given them a run for their money.
time and again our F-7s are tested by Americans and other NATO countries and if we had a Mig-29 derivative from China then we would have fielded that too to give both forces a chance to learn how to act and counter act against each other's aircrafts

especially since those who do the flying are the ones to best give a detailed account of requirements and needs

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom