What's new

Rafale and JF-17 Thunder to compete in Serbia.

I believe 18 Vipers were optional, check F-16 Thread.

The F-16 thread has no concrete news on them. The last i read/heard was that 18 more were Ordered, with deliveries in 2012/2013.

But honestly i have no clue what happened to them.

jf-17 may not be able to compete on specifications but what about price...
specification isnt the only issue here

Serbians love JFT ,no matter how good the Rafale and F-18s can be...:toast_sign:

There is a class difference between the two. If Serbs want a twin-engine fighter, they cannot go for JFT in any case and if they are looking for low-cost multi-role solution then Rafael cannot get close. So comparison is like comparing 2 wheeler with 4 wheeler. Ofcours you cannot compare them but I am so glad that JFT is frontrunner beating many other mature platforms. :tup:

So what Serb's are saying about the JF-17s and what do you think about the cost and operational cost of Rafael?

There is a class difference between the two. If Serbs want a twin-engine fighter, they cannot go for JFT in any case and if they are looking for low-cost multi-role solution then Rafael cannot get close. So comparison is like comparing 2 wheeler with 4 wheeler. Ofcours you cannot compare them but I am so glad that JFT is frontrunner beating many other mature platforms. :tup:

for about 3 years the JF-17s will be produced only for PAF, we still got long way to go to replace our legacy aircrafts only after that once the internal demand will start to decrease that we will be realistically able to fulfil external sales.

By then the Block 2 concept would have a much clearer and definite picture and that’s what some potential customers maybe interested in but having said that it’s a low cost platform with a package that fulfils the requirements at a fraction of the cost of the western aircrafts so it must remain in that price tag to be attractive. Block 2 would be a test if further enhanced features don’t bring the price up too much and give far more value for the money like their previous replaced parts.
Aircraft procurements are not done on impulse anyway so it maybe few years when Serbs or any other air force decides to buy places in next 3 or 4 years while hotly debating the requirements of its air force and what is available on market or would be on offer in next 3 or 4 years.

for those who are judging it badly on the bases that it hasnt secured any foreign sale, all I have to say is that on that bases its as bad as Rafael with the only exception that we currently need all produced thunders for our airforce whereas France is begging countries to buy its aircraft and save its company from going bust.

For small orders such as this, SAAB and its Gripen are an excellent choice.

When China wanted to build a heavily upgraded mig 21 the US helped it build the "super 7" which the Chinese then finished on their own for export to Pakistan as the JF 17.

I don't think the Serbs want a plane based on the Mig 21 (which they operate).

The JF 17 is a longshot, but if it has a good showing in trials it might have a chance.

1 billion dollar sale would be wonderful for China and Pakistan

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

But a bigger client could be Iran if we can sell 400-500 fighters for 40 Billion range with iran

Its a shame that that path is not being considered seriously

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

But a bigger client could be Iran if we can sell 400-500 fighters for 40 Billion range with iran

Its a shame that that path is not being considered seriously

40billions?

i think iran is more interested in J-10.

Don't we Pakistanis have bad relations with Serbia? Don't we all remember that our troops had gone into Bosnia to protect Bosnian people?
Well if i'm wrong then it will be great because we need to get that JF-17 contract to earn Money!!

It might come as a surprise to us in this part of the world -- when money is scarce and it is a matter of national defence, old good deeds and "Brotherly" relations do not matter much. What matter most to them would be the biggest bang for the buck thingie. That is how the "Goras" do their business -- the more logical and saner thing to do.

It is good that JFT is competing, if nothing else it gives great experience ot the marketing ans sales team for the next perspective sales. China does not have much experience here -- they have been delaing with mostly third world sales. PAF is also lacking in this area.

We will loose some and than eventually, gain some. But this exposure will give us valuable experience in handling long term sales projects and help build customer expectation data base.

I am not expecting this sales to mature.

For small orders such as this, SAAB and its Gripen are an excellent choice.

When China wanted to build a heavily upgraded mig 21 the US helped it build the "super 7" which the Chinese then finished on their own for export to Pakistan as the JF 17.

I don't think the Serbs want a plane based on the Mig 21 (which they operate).

The JF 17 is a longshot, but if it has a good showing in trials it might have a chance.

maybe you need to tell them that so they stop considering it.

then present them with LCA which is based on Starship Enterprise.

Back
Top Bottom