What's new

Radical British preacher Anjem Choudary praises London killer Adebolajo

Someone can quote the Quran as well.

The issue is as much the ideology as well as the practical ramifications.

I'm going to request that you stop trolling once again, hindu.

Otherwise i will report you.

I'm going to request that you stop trolling once again, hindu.

Otherwise i will report you.

Proud one. ;)

Don't threaten me with "report", go ahead and do it. You are not going to control what I do or don't do.

You can "not reply" to my posts. Can't be too difficult. ;)

Proud one. ;)

Don't threaten me with "report", go ahead and do it. You are not going to control what I do or don't do.

You can "not reply" to my posts. Can't be too difficult. ;)

Of course i can't reply because you are not saying anything.

Just trying to troll hindu.

Reported.

I live in the UK and I have no idea which tension you are talking about. My parents are very close to their white neighbor. This "legit tension" you speak of must be limited to certain groups which you might belong to.

Lets be real here, things aren't as bad as you are making them out to be. Things here are not any worst or better than US.

Although I would agree that Pakistani's, and especially those who are religiously inclined tend to differentiate themselves from the rest. In the UK, you have the worst of Pakistani's and its embarrassing to have to be grouped with them and answer for them.

Your own experience is as good as your company!

Sounds like denial. Just because your parents are close to their white neighbors means that there are no racial and extremism problems that exist there?

Theres obviously something wrong with society in the UK since theres a big population that has tendencies towards extremism. I have talked to Britishers who have left the UK because according to them immigrants have turned it into a third world country. Just because you might live in a bubble, doesn't mean things are hunky dory there.

Well it applies to UK, but not everywhere. Global jeehad is a meme that is adaptable to each local area, in UK it feeds on the nurishment provided by racism, in africa and asia something else.
Racism was much more acute before 90s, in the UK.

I was talking about the UK in specific.

Sounds like denial. Just because your parents are close to their white neighbors means that there are no racial and extremism problems that exist there?

I never stated that there weren't any racial or extremism problems. All I stated was that things are nowhere near as bad as you are making them out to be. The amount of opposition against EDL, the far right group politicizing the event, has met great opposition from a lot of people in the country.

US in general is a lot worst for Muslims than UK. People here are used to living with Muslims while the American population hasn't had the same amount of interaction. Although I would say that Americans are a lot more friendly and this is based on our interaction with American family friends.

Theres obviously something wrong with society in the UK since theres a big population that has tendencies towards extremism. I have talked to Britishers who have left the UK because according to them immigrants have turned it into a third world country. Just because you might live in a bubble, doesn't mean things are hunky dory there.

There is something wrong, especially with the Muslim population of Pakistani origin. This can be said for the Muslim population of North African descent from France, the Middle Easterners in Australia etc. Had America had a large influx of immigrants from a Muslim country a few decades ago, the same problems would apply there. This is not a country specific problem, but a minority specific problem.

As for those people who say its a third world country. They haven't even lived in one because UK is possibly the best welfare state in the world and attracts all and one from around the world. Free health service, free housing, tax credits, income support, it doesn't get better. Things are not the same due to the prevailing economic condition but its still a very stable place.

The people you might have spoken to are clearly anti-immigration. I would suggest you revisit this country and travel with a different set of group, not your typical anti-western depressed Asian group.

The sad thing is I know far too many Muslims who have very similar views to this POS and praise this guy for voicing them. And I'm not talking about street thugs/CHAVS but well-educated, Grammer school attending, university place holders!! If these are "moderates" God help us all.
@Oscar sir has some interesting insights into UK Muslims IIRC.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Oscar sir has some interesting insights into UK Muslims IIRC.

I would not say insights.. just experiences.
I can tell you that there is a certain difference to the sort of society that has formed around "muslim" culture here as compared to the one back home.
In general its either balanced.. or the extremes of the two.
Perhaps it has more to do with people not being able to balance their lifestyles(nor their faith) with that of this society.
So many will eventually end up either drinking early on and have a guilt trip reaction and jumping into faith without reason or understanding..e.g Anjem Chaudhry.. or they are brought up in a protective lifestyle where Islamic values are forced down their throats without actually using it to help them adjust...hence they take in the western lifestyle hook,line and gin which leads to even further reactionary isolation from the community.

Integrating with the society does not mean one drinks to the hilt or parties like there is no tomorrow, it's following the rules, respecting others.. and knowing that you will get the same...a Lot of UK Pakistanis have done so successfully..but the introduction of radical thought at mosques by certain interests(put there to break the back of the Sufism here) is leading to more people like Anjem Chaudhry and the backlash to people like him will hurt all.

I can tell you that there is a certain difference to the sort of society that has formed around "muslim" culture here as compared to the one back home.
Perhaps it has more to do with people not being able to balance their lifestyles(nor their faith) with that of this society.
So many will eventually end up either drinking early on and have a guilt trip reaction and jumping into faith without reason or understanding..e.g Anjem Chaudhry.. or they are brought up in a protective lifestyle where Islamic values are forced down their throats without actually using it to help them adjust...hence they take in the western lifestyle hook,line and gin which leads to even further reactionary isolation from the community.

Integrating with the society does not mean one drinks to the hilt or parties like there is no tomorrow, it's following the rules, respecting others.. and knowing that you will get the same...a Lot of UK Pakistanis have done so successfully..but the introduction of radical thought at mosques by certain interests(put there to break the back of the Sufism here) is leading to more people like Anjem Chaudhry and the backlash to people like him will hurt all.

Good things come to those who play by the rules. It is pity that more do not take advantage of this simple yet powerful concept.

@Oscar- you're absolutely right sir. Muslims here (in my experience anyway) in the UK can largely be put in two brackets- very conservative/radical or very liberal wherein one sheds all Islamic/cultural identity and tries to distanc themselves from this part of their life complety. Of course there are different shades of the above but the brackets remain the same largely. Perhaps it is an inability for British/Westerm Muslims to live in the West where the society seems to challenge certain Islamic practices/beliefs and maybe some feel the Western way of living is simply incompatible with Islamic beliefs.

As a result you will see many insulated Muslim "ghettos" (yes this is true to an extent for other faiths) in the UK where a high degree of mistrust exists between the Muslim and British communities.

I'm no expert on this at all- just my 2 cents based on what I have seen.

+ this doesn't look like it is going to end anytime soon and it looks like things could get very bad before they ever get better. Right now it certainly seems like bad things are on their way...

Back
Top Bottom