What's new

Racism towards NE people in India - unbelievable!

Your bullshit infographic fakery has already been proven - case closed.

Who's delusional ? No offence to Pakistanis but they were once a far more focused and determined opponent than your coward soldiers ever will be. You can't win a conflict with us by using strategic or tactical nukes, neither with any form of 'Chanakya Neeti'. We were playing good hosts with Modi - that's all. You need us way more than we need you.

More Indian hypocrisy:

Jotham Ngade, a young professional of Manipuri origin, has been living in New Delhi for 10 years but the city still doesn't feel like home. "I am getting used to it, this sense of betrayal. It's as if I've been disowned by my country, as if I'm lost in India." That pretty much sums up how many people from India's Northeast who work or study in the national capital feel.
Forced out of their home states because of poor job opportunities and incessant violence, these youngsters find themselves under renewed attack.

Denied Indian identity, the 'Chinkie' is seen not as any minority, but as outsider.

This time for who they are. Helena Siine's is a typical case. A dispute with her landlady earlier this month seemed to be just another quarrel until it took a racial turn. "She started to call us Nepali prostitutes, gamblers and dog-eaters," Siine says. Their Indian identity negated, many northeasterners say, they are not even seen as a minority but treated as outsiders. Moreover, they have to deal with 'chinkie' taunts, lewd remarks and physical molestation.
Mary Niang, who lived in Gurgaon, outside Delhi, knows it all too well. The first night she and her friend spent at their new flat turned out to be the last. Her landlord barged in at 2 am with other men and molested the two girls. What distinguishes sexual assaults on northeastern women, explain some of them, is the attitude that this is something that's "done and acceptable". Worse, something that they "deserve".

Numerous instances of harassment of northeasterners spurred a group of them in Delhi to get together to form the Northeast Support Centre and Helpline in October 2007. Helping victims of harassment to pursue their complaints with the police and the courts, they have handled more than a hundred cases so far. It has also organised awareness camps in the Northeast to sensitise prospective students headed to Delhi. Asked why northeasterners are ill-treated, Lansinglu Rongmei, a lawyer with the centre, says she's not going to look for any explanations. "That question should be posed to the perpetrators. After all, we don't judge people by the way they look, what they wear or the traditions they follow," she says.

Cornered At Home | Debarshi Dasgupta | Jun 29,2009

:lol::lol: Cry me a river ignorant Bangladeshi .

Don't worry, mate. Delusional bongoloids exist only on pdf; the average man on the broken-up streets of dhaka OTOH, knows exactly who his daddy is.

Let them bark. As if elephants care about dog barks. :lol:

:lol::lol: Cry me a river ignorant Bangladeshi .

Let them bark. As if elephants care about dog barks. :lol:

Befitting shallow answers from a bunch of scumbucket Dharavi slumdwellers.

Oh hey - I hear your buddies calling...

Your single filthy smelly communal slum-toilet just opened up, just one chance a day for your ilk.

Abhi Chal - no, RUN now before someone claims it. Ye mawka miss na ho....

Has someone highjacked Syama's account or does she usually talk this way... :o

Has someone highjacked Syama's account or does she usually talk this way... :o

Yup I was surprised at post #45 as well. I don't casually talk about 'rape'...jeez. Sherni ka balatkar....

A woman taking rape so lightly is highly suspect...probably a hijack....

If you speak about India.................Its a Vast country with different ethnics,Culture,Language, Religion.........So People from North East are our Brethren and Indian ....................
Brethren ? Even not a same race !

If you can call me a Jamati - what would you call a real Jamati?

I just don't like racist, women-hating, fetus killing North Indians that's all.

And look at who is calling who short and dark :omghaha:

Shovel your racist crap somewhere else. Do you even have a clue on what an upper middle class Bengali person looks like?

Not that it matters to me. All South Indians and Sri Lankans are my brothers and sisters and I have much more in common with them culturally. I have seen how they get treated by North Indians.

The South Indians have their own proud culture and should reject imposed North Indian culture.
You can't make out the difference between north and south Indians mate..we all look alike...except a few keralites,Tamils and chattisgarhi,odisha tribes remaining people look very much the same...some castes may be a bit fairer but facial features are same.I don't know who fed you this lie that north Indians call south Indians madrassi..havent you seen how well north indians received the Telugu movie bahubali...go and see the trailer..except tamanna all the people who appear in that movie are south Indians..could you really tell any difference between them and north Indians?

You can't make out the difference between north and south Indians mate..we all look alike...except a few keralites,Tamils and chattisgarhi,odisha tribes remaining people look very much the same...some castes may be a bit fairer but facial features are same.I don't know who fed you this lie that north Indians call south Indians madrassi..havent you seen how well north indians received the Telugu movie bahubali...go and see the trailer..except tamanna all the people who appear in that movie are south Indians..could you really tell any difference between them and north Indians?

I don't believe it's a lie. That all Indians 'look alike' doesn't mean they share in your North Indian Hindi-Belt language and culture. Heck most South Indians don't even speak Hindi at all.

It maybe your opinion that you don't see a difference between North and South Indian - but it's not universally true for rest of mostly uneducated North Indians who don't consider South Indians their equal.

South Indians know this and I know this. I can tell you I don't look anything like a South Indian person (or even North Indian) but that does not mean I don't have regard and respect for a person and their culture just because they look or act differently.

I have studied and worked with EDUCATED North Indians and I know
what they think of South Indians. I have been shocked at how North Indians always make South Indians the butt of their jokes using fake South Indian accents and language and how little regard and respect they give to South Indian culture.

This kind of discrimination is only endemic to North Indian people towards Non-North-Indians (including people from not only South India but also Muslim West Bengal as well as NE Indian states such as Nagaland, Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh).

This discrimination can take the form of verbal harassment as well as religious discrimination such as what is being meted out to Muslim people from West Bengal who are summarily being discriminated as 'Bangladeshis'. The reason for this North Indian behavior is simply crass mentality and lack of worldly exposure. These people are still in the dark ages.

I am however glad that South Indians have started demanding respect for their language, culture and way of life. The age when you can discriminate based on language and culture and get away with it is largely over.

Lately this has also decreased somewhat because Bangalore (actually cities all over the South) have rapidly developed using software outsourcing and other diverse industry including auto industry. So this made North Indians shut up a bit. But we all know North Indian mentality.

But in any case we are not talking about South Indians, don't try to steer the topic using off-topic comments. We are talking about people in the North East such as those from Nagaland and Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh.

Let's keep the conversation on track please.

Last edited:
Map shows world's 'most racist' countries (and the answers may surprise you)
article-2325502-19D0189E000005DC-313_634x274.jpg

Pakistan tho :pakistan:

Pakistan tho :pakistan:

Mashallah - Pakistan is a multi-racial country and an open one.

I know several Pakistani Bengali people who were born in Lahore and are happily married to Punjabis and Sindhis.

Pakistan is definitely not like some places in India...the narrow mentality is largely absent in Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom