What's new

Racial Origin of the Muslim Population and their Social Stratification under Bengal Sultanate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your primary argument:
Dude, genetics don't change like that!

Wikipedia says:

Genetics has given rise to a number of sub-fields including epigenetics

A methylation is a change made to DNA — it's the addition of methyl groups to the DNA strand, a so-called epigenetic modification to DNA
Source:Mother's Diet at Time of Conception May Alter Baby's DNA

@bongbang 's original argument:
Add to that 200 years of malnutrition under British and 23 in east pakistan affected the physical structure of Bengalis irrespective to the religion. But new generation of BD people are getting taller and fair looking.

which @Maira La refuted.....still stands.

Nutritional deficiencies right at the time of conception can alter a baby's genes permanently, scientists at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine report Tuesday.
Source:Mom's Diet Right Before Pregnancy Can Alter Baby's Genes : Shots - Health News : NPR

Wikipedia is as reliable as my great great great grandfather's housekeeper's secret lovers first wife.

PS: Glad to have found a sensible BDeshi who knows about Natural Selection...hope you are not like other religious nutbags here!

Your primary argument:
Dude, genetics don't change like that!

Wikipedia says:

Genetics has given rise to a number of sub-fields including epigenetics

A methylation is a change made to DNA — it's the addition of methyl groups to the DNA strand, a so-called epigenetic modification to DNA
Source:Mother's Diet at Time of Conception May Alter Baby's DNA
PS: Glad to have found a sensible BDeshi who knows about Natural Selection...hope you are not like other religious nutbags here!

Haha I'm not religious at all. Neither Atheist.

Well my original argument still stands. The original DNA strands, containing your genes, don't change at all.

I don't know all that much about how epigenetics works. Can epigenetics change things like height, something that multiple genes in our existing DNA is responsible for, by simply adding a particular methy group to the DNA? That would be a revolutionizing discovery in the field of genetics.

I do believe the changes @bongbang is referring to has everything to do with nutrition and nothing to do with genetics.

Haha I'm not religious at all. Neither Atheist.

Well my original argument still stands. The original DNA strands, containing your genes, don't change at all.

I don't know all that much about how epigenetics works. Can epigenetics change things like height, something that multiple genes in our existing DNA is responsible for, by simply adding a particular methy group to the DNA? That would be a revolutionizing discovery in the field of genetics.

I do believe the changes @bongbang is referring to has everything to do with nutrition and nothing to do with genetics.
Yep epigenetics seems to have a lot to do with height.
Source:Epigenetic heredity of human height | Physiological Reports
. Epigenetic heredity thus appears to be a determinant of adult human height

Yep epigenetics seems to have a lot to do with height.
Source:Epigenetic heredity of human height | Physiological Reports
. Epigenetic heredity thus appears to be a determinant of adult human height

http://physreports.physiology.org/content/2/6/e12047.most-read said:
As DNA methylation patterns are affected by environmental stimuli (El‐Osta et al. 2008; Guerrero‐Bosagna et al. 2008), this mechanism allows for a dynamic and reversible modulation of the functional content of the genome (Esteller 2008), in the absence of DNA sequence variation. This may help explain as yet unaccounted for multi‐generational stature trends, for example, decrease in stature in agricultural populations compared to their paleolithic predecessors (Verginelli et al.2009), and the recent increase in average height (Cole 2003).

Interesting. :pop:
I have to read this $hit before I buy your cr@p. :D

Anyways, enough of it! It's time to switch my nerdy side off!

Can someone explain to me what's so special about Arab blood that we have 19 pages of maa behn here?

Nothing against Arabs personally, just amused with the whole shindig thazall!

are this thread is be made to sell more skin whitener cosmetics products in Bangladesh?

about the three gentlemen involved in the race war ( kpk, mujhaidind, save ghenda )...

1. i did not like their moralistic attitude about sania mirza and every other lady whom they were insulting.

2. but their insults to each were :rofl:

but i think this thread must be closed.

edit : reported for closure.

Last edited:
Add to that 200 years of malnutrition under British and 23 in east pakistan affected the physical structure of Bengalis irrespective to the religion. But new generation of BD people are getting taller and fair looking.
that is some fast metamorphoses for an evolution. all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom