What's new

Racial Origin of the Muslim Population and their Social Stratification under Bengal Sultanate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article clearly states that 20% are descendants of Central Asian, 50% mixed and 30% local converts.

You need to get hold of genetic studies on Bengali's. That is the only way anybody will take your claim's seriously. Arab infusion in South Asia is the least of all external influences.

If I posted my photo I suspect I will look unlike 90% of Bengali and that is probably because we in Pakistan have higher West Asian genes but even than that does not make us West Asian. It just makes us Pashtun, Balochi, Punjabi, Sindho or Kashmiri.

Just accept your Bangali and be proud what your forefathers blessed you with.

Add to that 200 years of malnutrition under British and 23 in east pakistan affected the physical structure of Bengalis irrespective to the religion. But new generation of BD people are getting taller and fair looking.

My friend all people are getting taller. This is a phenomenon across the world. Again get hold of genetic studies that confirm your argument.

You need to get hold of genetic studies on Bengali's. That is the only way anybody will take your claim's seriously. Arab infusion in South Asia is the least of all external influences.

If I posted my photo I suspect I will look unlike 90% of Bengali and that is probably because we in Pakistan have higher West Asian genes but even than that does not make us West Asian. It just makes us Pashtun, Balochi, Punjabi, Sindho or Kashmiri.

Unfortunately Bengali people comes in different size and colors... Thats where the confusion arises. Its natural when a deep contrast appears , people naturally look for the reason......

Bengali cricket player and his bengali gf

Rubel-Hossain.jpg
11150223_809451359146122_8397188301631212061_n.jpg

Punjabi Muslims look exactly like Punjabi Sikhs. Religion and race are operate at two differant levels. Bengali Muslims and Bengali Hindu look exactly the same.

That is because one group is Punjabi the other Bengali. If all Bengali converted to Sikism and all Punjabi became Christian the differances between Punjabi or Bengali would remain. One is blood other is faith.

@ Kobiraaz that does not help. I can post you pictures of Punjabi who have blue or blond hair. The average or the median values is what matters. Fact is that girl is more Punjabi looking and that guy is more Bengali looking.

Out of every 10 Pakistani you can find 1 who will look like Bengali. Converslly you will get 1 out of 10 Punjabi who will lokk like a Greek.

Your cherry picking. If I did that in Pakistan I could go around and claim Pakistan was France .............

The median value is what defines us. Get hold of some genetic studies and then we will look at that.

I am not a expert on the origins of your people but let me make some lay observations.

1. Almost all humans have a mixture.

2. The only issue is which component of your genepool is dominant.

3. From what I have seen Bengali have very negligible West Asian infusion. A uneducated guess would be sub 5%

4. The further you move closer to West Asia [ Iran, Afghanistan, Turkic Central Asia ] the possibly of impact from those regions increases. That is just common sense.

5. The closest land to West Asia is Pakistan. Central Asia is next door. In Pakistan the Pashtun and Baloch are a West Asian people related to Iranian, Kurds and Ossetians. Within this group there is even some blond blue eyed people who have preserved their genes in mountain valleys like the Kalash or Hunza people.

6. The punjabi and Sindhi are South Asian people but have been heavily effected by waves of invaders over the last 5,000 years from the West. Even these probably have less than 30% West Asiann influence.

Now this is not scientific but I have seen Bengali and they look no where like even Punjabi let alone West Asians. You need to grab a mirror and look at vast majority of Bangali's and see the short, wide noses that are prominent. There is nothing wrong with that. Be proud who you are.

My guess is you have lot of Burmese influence and many Bangali girls maybe dark and short but are very pretty.. Just to let you know the Arabs have had the LEAST effect on South Asia contrary to what many think.

Also do not forget Bengal had very high population in the past and any Turkish blood will have been diluted in ocean of native blood.

I have seen the Pakistani Punjabis and the Mirpuris who claim to be from Kashmir. Many of them look like their Indian counterparts and have a whole lot in common actually, only name differs. It is usually the Pak Barelvis/Sufis who seem more receptive and friendly to the Indian Sikhs and vice versa. However I've also seen many who bear some Central Asian phenotype. There's a mixture.

My personal experiences say many other things, usually the Paks and Indians are very color conscious and will call other people who are slightly browner "kaaloo" as a nickname. I have friends who fail to recognize others as Pakistani because they are somewhat browner than them.

The perception of a Bangladeshi is dark to other SA's when me or my friend say we are Bangladeshi they find it hard to believe. We are bog standard looking South Asians why is it hard to accept. But then they state that they do not know what a Bangladeshi looks like.

This is now a comparison on looks...It was going to happen anyway.

Add to that 200 years of malnutrition under British and 23 in east pakistan affected the physical structure of Bengalis irrespective to the religion. But new generation of BD people are getting taller and fair looking.
i just giggled:D
anyway no offence meant,,,please cointinue wid ur discussion,,,,:angel:

@ Kobiraaz that does not help. I can post you pictures of Punjabi who have blue or blond hair. The average or the median values is what matters. Fact is that girl is more Punjabi looking and that guy is more Bengali looking.

Out of every 10 Pakistani you can find 1 who will look like Bengali. Converslly you will get 1 out of 10 Punjabi who will lokk like a Greek.

Thats not right. If i check Profile pictures of 900 of my fb friends, not a single one looks like Rubel Hossain pictured above, but more like his GF... if the ratio was 9:1 it wouldnt be possible. Skin tone in Muslim Bangladesh is heavily dependent on Economic class .

Most of the lhindu dalits converted to Islam...Thats why Bengali muslims tends to be darker than bengali hindus. Then again Immigrant Muslims were rich and remained rich but muslim dalit converts are still poor. Thats why poor bengali muslims are darker than rich and educated ones.

Dude, genetics don't change like that!

My friend all people are getting taller. This is a phenomenon across the world. Again get hold of genetic studies that confirm your argument.

If you read the article its not about feeling bad what we are, nor to prove we are Arab. No sane person feels bad. Its about who we are. And the paper makes sense. And if we assume 50% mixed+ 30% local. That makes 80% people of this land. I will be the last person to feel bad. We are proud to be who we are :D

Punjabi Muslims look exactly like Punjabi Sikhs. Religion and race are operate at two differant levels. Bengali Muslims and Bengali Hindu look exactly the same.

That is because one group is Punjabi the other Bengali. If all Bengali converted to Sikism and all Punjabi became Christian the differances between Punjabi or Bengali would remain. One is blood other is faith.

I was really liking your posts, until this part. You're getting ideological, like everyone else. Punjabi Muslims are similar looking to Punjabi Sikhs, but there are certain phenotypic differences because these groups have not interbred for generations. If you're a Punjabi, you might be able to identify the differences, sometimes.

I am not a expert on the origins of your people but let me make some lay observations.

1. Almost all humans have a mixture.

2. The only issue is which component of your genepool is dominant.

3. From what I have seen Bengali have very negligible West Asian infusion. A uneducated guess would be sub 5%

4. The further you move closer to West Asia [ Iran, Afghanistan, Turkic Central Asia ] the possibly of impact from those regions increases. That is just common sense.

5. The closest land to West Asia is Pakistan. Central Asia is next door. In Pakistan the Pashtun and Baloch are a West Asian people related to Iranian, Kurds and Ossetians. Within this group there is even some blond blue eyed people who have preserved their genes in mountain valleys like the Kalash or Hunza people.

6. The punjabi and Sindhi are South Asian people but have been heavily effected by waves of invaders over the last 5,000 years from the West. Even these probably have less than 30% West Asiann influence.

Now this is not scientific but I have seen Bengali and they look no where like even Punjabi let alone West Asians. You need to grab a mirror and look at vast majority of Bangali's and see the short, wide noses that are prominent. There is nothing wrong with that. Be proud who you are.

My guess is you have lot of Burmese influence and many Bangali girls maybe dark and short but are very pretty.. Just to let you know the Arabs have had the LEAST effect on South Asia contrary to what many think.

Also do not forget Bengal had very high population in the past and any Turkish blood will have been diluted in ocean of native blood.
did u mean west bengal.because i am a bangladeshi.by the way have u ever come to bangladesh cause i disagree with some of ur info.by theway do not judge us by west bengali people they say we are same but i can garentee u we are not.

Dude, genetics don't change like that!
people are getting taller world over.. its true. dont know much about genetics.
If you read the article its not about feeling bad what we are, nor to prove we are Arab. No sane person feels bad. Its about who we are. And the paper makes sense. And if we assume 50% mixed+ 30% local. That makes 80% people of this land. I will be the last person to feel bad. We are proud to be who we are :D
I agree, the article does not make any such claim...we r just trolling.
do you think racial makeup of west bengal is significantly different from bd?

agree, the article does not make any such claim...
some significantly and more cultural and idioligically.

people are getting taller world over.. its true. dont know much about genetics.

Genetics determines everything. People in the past were shorter because of poor nutrition - they couldn't reach their genetic potential
hinduguy said:
I agree, the article does not make any such claim...we r just trolling.

Yes, I think both sides will agree. We are similar, but not the same. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom