What's new

Racial attack: Indian killed in Australia

LOL at xdrive's rebuttals. "We don't know anything so we should just shut up". :lol:

Xdrive, i think you will find that in a debate, it is best to provide an argument backed up by authoritative sources and not act like a petulant five year old and say "shut up" every single time. Please provide proper rebuttals to the assertions made.

Omfg, you and everyone else must be blind. Look at all my posts over all the pages of this thread, i have continually stated the facts. Then someone else posts and they totally ignore them. So i post them again, next 2 pages someone posts totally ignoring what i posted. Then i post it again and again.

If you are to blind to read what i have written there is no point talking to you.

Also this is NOT a debate. There is no debating weather or not these are racist attacks. The POLICE are investigating, and so far the police have found NO evidence to say these attacks are racist. This is what i have been saying. The police have said these attacks are not racist, yet all of you say they are because you heard on the racist Indian media that they.

The Police are doing the investigation NOT the Indian media. It's sad how all of your trust the Indian meadis word over the polices that are actually investigating.

I am only posting fact. Fact that i have gotten from the police and other government departments.

This thread is really pissing me off, someone posts some untrue things, i clear it up with the facts, then someone else ignores my post and posts the untrue things again.

If you don't read, don't join in the conversation.

Indian assault response decried

AUSTRALIA is in denial on racially motivated attacks against international students and has failed to take action to deal with the issue, an internationally respected Australian academic has told a major conference in Switzerland.

Melbourne University professor Simon Marginson, delivering a keynote address to the World Universities Forum in Davos, said the Australian government was trying to spin itself out of crisis following this month's murder of Indian accountancy graduate Nitin Garg in a west Melbourne park. "The Australian government is in denial," Professor Marginson told the high-powered meeting of academics. "Racist targeting is involved (in the attacks). Indian students do have a special problem. And there isn't enough official and civil concern about international student security in Australia."

Garg's unsolved murder has sparked diplomatic, government and public protests in India, further weakened one of Australia's most important education export markets and prompted a defensive response from Australia's political leaders and Victoria Police.

Foreign students are Australia's third-largest source of export revenue at $15 billion a year.

Professor Marginson, a professor of higher education and a globally recognised expert on international education, called for the establishment of a "cross- border agency" to help safeguard international students globally.

India's Foreign Minister, S.M. Krishna, yesterday warned that continued violence against Indian students could damage relations and called for immediate "corrective action" by Australia. This followed a decision by the Indian government to issue a travel warning advising expat students to take precautions while living in Australia generally and Melbourne in particular.

Foreign Minister Stephen Smith was yesterday in talks with Mr Krishna. "We both agreed this was an issue we did not want to disturb or get in the way of what the External Affairs Minister described as an excellent relationship," Mr Smith said.

In a statement released after their conversation, Mr Krishna "reiterated the need for immediate corrective measures, pointing out that the issue had consistently figured in our parliament".

"Australian leaders had, time and again, reassured India that Australian authorities were treating the assaults with utmost seriousness," the statement said. "However, the incidents seem to be continuing."

In his address on Saturday, Professor Marginson told the World Universities Forum there had been only "modest" increases in policing at trouble spots. He accused Australian politicians of implying to India that greater action was being taken.

"The Australian government is not prepared to acknowledge that international students need special additional public money."

Time to come clean on racism reality

The tragic murder of young permanent resident Nitin Garg in Melbourne last week has done incalculable damage to Australia's reputation as a welcoming nation and as a globally attractive destination for education and migration. The widely held conclusion in India is that the murder, like the earlier spate of attacks on Indian students, was racially motivated. This should come as no surprise. We should not delude ourselves into thinking that the White Australia policy has been entirely forgotten.

It would also be a mistake to dismiss the Indian reaction as over-zealous "hysterical" media. Even India's many quality newspapers and magazines, not given to mindless sensationalism, are highly critical of what is happening down under.

Foreign students are Australia's third-largest source of export revenue at $15 billion a year.

Professor Marginson, a professor of higher education and a globally recognised expert on international education, called for the establishment of a "cross- border agency" to help safeguard international students globally.

India's Foreign Minister, S.M. Krishna, yesterday warned that continued violence against Indian students could damage relations and called for immediate "corrective action" by Australia. This followed a decision by the Indian government to issue a travel warning advising expat students to take precautions while living in Australia generally and Melbourne in particular.

Foreign Minister Stephen Smith was yesterday in talks with Mr Krishna. "We both agreed this was an issue we did not want to disturb or get in the way of what the External Affairs Minister described as an excellent relationship," Mr Smith said.

In a statement released after their conversation, Mr Krishna "reiterated the need for immediate corrective measures, pointing out that the issue had consistently figured in our parliament".

"Australian leaders had, time and again, reassured India that Australian authorities were treating the assaults with utmost seriousness," the statement said. "However, the incidents seem to be continuing."

In his address on Saturday, Professor Marginson told the World Universities Forum there had been only "modest" increases in policing at trouble spots. He accused Australian politicians of implying to India that greater action was being taken.

"The Australian government is not prepared to acknowledge that international students need special additional public money."

To be honest, everything you post is confusing. You haven't challenged me to anything. Make coherent posts or don't make them at all. EVERYTHING i have said on this forum is actual facts that i have got from the police and other government sources.

How is it then that your stated fact that the Chinese never complain is disproved by the link I submitted? Why is that hard to understand?

All the Indians claiming to have facts are getting them from the racist lying Indian media. Look what what the Indian media is saying. They say these are racist attacks before the police HAVE EVEN INVESTIGATED THE INCIDENT. How can they say that it's a fact when the police havent finished the investigation?

The Indian media is mostly a POS. Hyper, immature, given to exaggeration and quite literally third rate.

They lie, and most of the Indians on these forums are taking what they say and are reporting them like they are fact.

You don't know that they are lying; that's just an assertion. However, you are correct in that many Indians are assuming it to be true, which isn't exactly logical either.

You don't know that they are lying; that's just an assertion. However, you are correct in that many Indians are assuming it to be true, which isn't exactly logical either.

Umm yes i do know they are lying. How can they state facts about an incident when the police are still investigating it? They call attacks racist when the police haven't even said it is.

Even the police have said that the Indian media need to stop lying and need to stop spreading false information.

HAHAHAHAHAH lol at this news story. Obviously this is fake. It has not been on any news here, or newspapers. All attacks on Indians are big news and are in all the newspapers.

There's another link, it's an Indian source, but we'll see.

The Hindu : Front Page : Indian beaten up on Sydney beach

Meanwhile here's another Indian source that gives another aspect to one incident:

3rd Indian killed, Australian police rule out race again- Hindustan Times

I quote:
Australia on Sunday said the attack on 29-year-old Jaspreet Singh was not “racially-motivated”, amid reports that two Indian seasonal workers attempting to leave the country were quizzed and had their passports seized over the killing of another Indian youth in New South Wales

Umm yes i do know they are lying. How can they state facts about an incident when the police are still investigating it? They call attacks racist when the police haven't even said it is.

Even the police have said that the Indian media need to stop lying and need to stop spreading false information.

There is a trend. You may disagree with it, or debate it, but you cannot dismiss as a lie that the possibility of racist attacks exists.

If one solely relied on the police to confirm attacks as racist, the US would still have been living with 1960s type of race relations.

There's another link, it's an Indian source, but we'll see.

The Hindu : Front Page : Indian beaten up on Sydney beach

Meanwhile here's another Indian source that gives another aspect to one incident:

3rd Indian killed, Australian police rule out race again- Hindustan Times

I quote:

OHHH! IT'S INDIAN MEDIA! IT MUST BE RELIABLE AND TRUE!

HAHAHHAHA :lol: :lol:

There is a trend. You may disagree with it, or debate it, but you cannot dismiss as a lie that the possibility of racist attacks exists.

If one solely relied on the police to confirm attacks as racist, the US would still have been living with 1960s type of race relations.

You can't compare Australia With the U.S

Our police are not corrupt, and report everything.

We'll wait and see.

BTW, you spoke authoritatively of procedures and the rules of law in Australia, and also fairness. OK. Tell me, how does one reconcile that with your seeming belief that a 'child molester or paedo has it coming?'

Or is the highest standard of justice and procedures only to be applied to other countries, and some circumstances, and lynch mob justice applied elsewhere?

Firstly, you don;t make much sense and I did not understand your whole point here.....

From what I can make out anyways I will respond to.

I have explained very clearly, post after post after post about the issue involving Australian Police and how Indians shouldn;t think they will get preferential treatment whatsoever. With regards to your comment above and from I can understand, Yes, I do advocate the rule of Law, however, I am a strong believer in Capital punishment for certain offences, and Peadophilia is one offence I would have no problems with cpital punishment. Would I have sympathy for such a person who is attacked, maybe not. Would you if your child was raped, I doubt it very much.

Secondly, the facts of this case are still not disclosed, and I doubt that yntil an offender is arrested, that they will be disclosed and should not be done so, until they are satisfied it will not undermine their case.

xdrive, I think that it will be fair to say that institutionalised racism exists in every department, it cannot be totally eradicated. And yes, some, and I repeat some, attacks may well be racially motivated. But unless eyelessingaza has the Modus Operendi in these cases then I think he needs to be more realistic and admit that he too does not know if there are either.

This whole incident has become a fiasco, and like I said in my previous post, irreparable damage to community cohesion may have already been done by the Indian media in this part of the world. Try asking Indians now whether they feel isolated. Living in the West, i know myself how much this can set you back in community relations, and we have no one but the Indians to thank for that...well, as long as they are ready to bear the brunt of it all now

HAHAHHAHA

Some sections of the Australian media are also suggesting that it is stupid of the Australian police to deny the racism angle outright. By the way, the Indian media is leagues ahead of the Australian media.

:lol: HAHAHAHAH. Yeah okay.

its not much different from United Kingdom of 1970s --especially in Manchester according to some people I know who were living there.

It used to be "****-bashing" and it was mostly Pakistanis and other desis being targetted.

Sarcasm or flippant reactions alone are an acknowledgment that you do not have an argument, so I'll leave it at that.

That's a pretty generic statement to make; past experience shows that it also isn't true. Check out the Royal Commission into the New South Wales Police Service between 1994 and 1997.

Firstly, you don;t make much sense and I did not understand your whole point here.....

My bad, I will try and explain.

From what I can make out anyways I will respond to.

I have explained very clearly, post after post after post about the issue involving Australian Police and how Indians shouldn;t think they will get preferential treatment whatsoever.

I completely agree.

With regards to your comment above and from I can understand, Yes, I do advocate the rule of Law, however, I am a strong believer in Capital punishment for certain offences, and Peadophilia is one offence I would have no problems with cpital punishment. Would I have sympathy for such a person who is attacked, maybe not. Would you if your child was raped, I doubt it very much.

OK. My point was as follows:

In many posts (IIRC) you spoke eloquently of the need for due process (not quoting you exactly) in the investigation. Then, all of a sudden you also stated that the Indian who was allegedly burnt could gave been a paedo and so may have had it coming to him by the mob that presumably burnt him.

It was a hypothetical example, I think. But your positions are contradictory. You for due process for the assault on Indians. Fair enough. But where's the due process if in your opinion a paedo has it coming if he is effectively assaulted by a mob? No, a more consistent approach would be that the paedo also has rights to due process.

If I haven't made myself clear even now, let it go. It's not worth the core debates ion this thread.

Secondly, the facts of this case are still not disclosed, and I doubt that yntil an offender is arrested, that they will be disclosed and should not be done so, until they are satisfied it will not undermine their case.

Agreed.

In general, my opinion is that the hysteria in the Indian press is condemnable. It is remarkably stupid in a media that is remarkably stupid to begin with.

However, in the deserved bashing of the Indian media, it should not be forgotten that the numbers (assaults on Indians) are there, and there is a chance that it is a worrying trend. I am neither willing to cry racism against all Australia, but nor am I going to accept at this stage that there's nothing wrong.

By the way, the Indian media is leagues ahead of the Australian media.

HAHAHAHAH! OMFG HAHAHAHHA LMAO! HAHAHHAH

OMG PLEASE DO SAY HOW?! HAHHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom