What's new

Racial attack: Indian killed in Australia

i still dont understand the Lebanese against indian phenomenon in other cities

is it gang violence? Or do Lebanese just hate indians? I don't get it.

even in Dubai during brief visit i used to see Lebanese and Palestinian white-collar workers (of all people) treating indian workers in poor way.

I think you want to make a point ..come out with it its ok :what:

even in Dubai during brief visit i used to see Lebanese and Palestinian white-collar workers (of all people) treating indian workers in poor way.

No sir there is nothing like Lebs vs Indians .

Sydney is the capital of Lebs and they have a lot of influence there , all of the bashings and attacks on the Indians are conducted by Natives( Red necks / Aboriginals) most of them would not be of Racist nature but random acts of Vandalism.

To me India is just whipping the water , few factors that i can think of is sheer number of Indian race coming into the nation in a short period of time , Few illegal activities , On Australian national events and even on Australia day Indians raise slogans " Jai hind & India zindabad " etc. Also the problem that i have heard from Aussies is Indians going out and creating trouble and doing weird acts in Night clubs and People are not used to with it so it is natural for Aussies to get p!$$3d .;)

All of those examples i have witnessed myself but i firmly believe Australia is quite safe and tolerant and not much racism is here.

Indians must look under their own bed first before tagging someone as Racist.:agree:

it may just be robbery as motive. My point was that why would Lebanese immigrants specifically target indian? There are many other expats there but it seems only indian are being bashed, most of them students

not in Australia....but i am just shocked at the ignorance and stupidity of some people of this world.

They mistake anybody with a turban as being Muslim :rolleyes:

Sikh youth attacked in Texas
Washington, Dec 19 (IANS) A Sikh graduate student, working as a part-time pizza delivery person, was thrown into a swimming pool and brutally assaulted in West Texas, according to the Sikh Coalition, a community advocacy group.

When the young man, whose identity has been withheld for his protection, brought pizzas for delivery into a home, four men took the pizzas and started eating without paying, while hurling racial epithets and threatening him.

'I'm going to **** you up in Iraq, I'm going to **** you up in Afghanistan, I'm going to **** you up over here,' they were quoted as saying by the Coalition in a media release. But it did not say when the incident took place.

The four men then grabbed the Sikh student and threw him into a swimming pool. The four attackers surrounded the pool, kicking him in the head and body. Every time he tried to escape, they would stomp or hit at him.

For 20 minutes, he swam for his life trying to escape. He eventually seized an opportunity to flee and barely made it to his car with two men in pursuit, the community group said.

Though the local police were called shortly after the attack, they failed to respond adequately, the community group alleged. The police classified the incident as a misdemeanor, which means that the attackers may not have to serve any jail time, it said.

The local police also did not file the incident as a hate crime, the group said. 'It is clear from the attackers' references to 'bin Laden' and 'Go back to Afghanistan' and the fact that they kicked off his turban that this assault targeted not only him as an individual, but his Sikh identity.'

However the Department of Justice (DOJ) is currently investigating the matter as a possible federal hate crime after being contacted when the local police department refused to prosecute the attackers for hate crime, the Sikh Coalition said.

Sikh youth attacked in Texas - Indians Abroad - World - The Times of India

:tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:

Last edited:
So? I love Italy anyway. I had a Italian girlfriend before and she wasn't racist at all. When I travelled in Italy people were great over there. Just because a few children don't like Chinese doesn't mean we have to act like a bunch of idiot.

P.S When I travelled in India, it was the worst experience. I saw children starving on the street and nobody gave a da*n. The cities smelled like dung (maybe it is because all the cow dung). 50% Indians I met tried to scam me. The other 50% tried to convince me to give up the terroritories China "occupied" from India. The Indians on the projects we worked on are the laziest mofos I have ever seen. They were never on time and never serious about work. Nothing got done there. A police actually asked me to bribe him, btw, for no reason at all. So compare to that, Italy is 1000000x better.

it is all out of context my friend.
I never said the Italians are racist.the report I posted was to just get an honest reaction from you...see when it comes to you and me...we might not even care about being at the receiving end of any kind of verbal volleys...but when it comes to our kids being in an alien country being subjected to $h!t...I'd be scared.
I hope that you don't get your kicks abusing my country whenever possible....try to see my point.

and sir you have never heard of any Pakistani/Bangladeshi/lankan being abused and treated badly in the mid-east?
or maybe your visit indeed was quite brief.

not in Australia....but i am just shocked at the ignorance and stupidity of some people of this world.

They mistake anybody with a turban as being Muslim :rolleyes:

Sikh youth attacked in Texas

Sikh youth attacked in Texas - Indians Abroad - World - The Times of India

:tdown::tdown::tdown::tdown:

after 9/11...some sikhs were shot in the states...
indeed thumbs down....to the education system of the united states of america...in this day and age a cursory religious education should also be imparted in a multi-cultural society like america.

yea i agree......example should be made out of people like that.

trip to New York City really cleared my head. That's one place where you will never see Pakistani or indian shooting eachother down. Everyone works hard and earns money.

i dont know why Australia is having problems with multi-culturalism. Then again, these people dont represent Australia. Same way extremists in Pakistan (or india) dont represent their countries.

in UK, u have major major signs of multi culturalism everywhere you look....but it is some of the foreigners and 2nd generation walas who are having integration issues, which sometimes leads to gang behaviour and/or violence.

i feel bad for these indian students.....so i dont know why the bloke earlier was claiming i am taunting them. Nobody taunts innocent people who get racially targetted unless they have certain complexes and issues.

i have my fair share of issues.......but those usually go away after 2 PM chai and some samosas. :woot:

Indian FM rejects Australian explanation of killing of 2 Indians - People's Daily Online 13:54, January 08, 2010

Indian External Affairs Minister S. M. Krishna Thursday said Indian students must select their courses with care before they travel to Australia -- an advice given after the killings of two Indians in that country recently.

"The kind of courses for which students are going for in Australia are certainly not encouraging," said Krishna in a statement to the local media.

"None of us need to be hysterical, but all that we expect is that Indians, whether they are students or otherwise, are safe in countries where they go," he said.

Krishna's statement is seen as a response to Australian acting Foreign Minister Simon Crean's statement that Indian leaders must "avoid hysteria" about the safety of Indian students.

"Even over the Christmas period there has been a spate of stabbings. This unfortunately is a violent threat and a violent tendency that has emerged. It so happens that one of the victims is Indian. There have been other victims. Melbourne is not the only city in the world in which this happens. It also happens in Delhi, it happens in Mumbai, and it is the responsibility of all law enforcement authorities to get on top of those issues," Crean had said.

About 115,000 Indians have studied in Australia in the last 12 months, but attacks on members of the community have created fears that the country may not be a safe education destination.

The fears increased after Nitin Garg was fatally stabbed in Melbourne on Saturday and Ranjodh Singh's partially-charred body was found in New South Wales on December 29.

The number of Indians applying for visas to study in Australia has fallen by almost half, heightening fears for the country's 17 billion U.S. dollar international education industry, the Sydney Morning Herald reported on Thursday.

Source: Xinhua :smitten::pakistan::china:

Australians today are condemning a racist cartoon in an indian newspaper.

Acting PM Julia Gillard and police union condemn cartoon in Indian newspaper comparing Australian police to Ku Klux Klan | Herald Sun

UPDATE 2.15pm: ACTING Prime Minister Julia Gillard has condemned a cartoon depicting an Australian police officer as a member of the Ku Klux Klan.

The cartoon, published in Delhi's Mail Today newspaper on Tuesday, depicts an Australian police officer in a klan hood saying: "We are yet to ascertain the nature of the crime."

The cartoon was in response to homicide investigators in Victoria stating they could not yet say if the murder of 21-year-old Indian student Nitin Garg in a park in Melbourne's west last Saturday night was racially motivated.

Ms Gillard told reporters in Brisbane she hadn't seen the cartoon, but believed it would be "deeply offensive''.

"Any suggestion of the kind is deeply offensive and I would condemn the making of such comment,'' she said.

Police were doing an outstanding job in cracking down on crime and increasing Indian students' safety, Ms Gillard said.
"The Victorian police have stepped up and increased policing in difficult hot spots in Victoria where they have seen a number of violent incidences,'' she said.

"They have worked in close collaboration with representatives of the Indian community as they have gone about with this step up in policing.''

Greg Davies, secretary of Victoria's Police Association, said the cartoon was "stupid'' and unhelpful.

"Cartoons in Australia are normally done by people who are either clever or witty and this one's neither,'' he told reporters in Melbourne today.

"All it does is stir racial hatred amongst Indians, certainly in India and, one would imagine, some of them here.''

He said the cartoon was "highly offensive'', especially to homicide squad detectives who are working tirelessly to catch Mr Garg's killer and determine a motive for the late-night stabbing.

"To suggest that there's any sort of 'go slow' in an investigation into this tragic murder because of a racial reason is just outrageous," Mr Davies said.

Mr Davies said if he had the chance to speak with the cartoonist he would tell him the artwork should never have been published.

Mr Garg's murder has sparked a renewed debate about the safety of foreign students in Australia.

Some local Indian leaders say racism is a significant issue for Indians who study in Australia.

Victorian Police Minister Bob Cameron dismissed the cartoon as an unnecessary distraction from a major crime investigation.

"We are a tolerant place and Victorian police are very tolerant and this business about racism is just wrong,'' he told 3AW radio today.

"Police go about their business in a normal way.

"They get the evidence, they assess the evidence ... to accuse police of having a closed mind when, in fact, what police have said is 'we have an open mind to all possibilities' just demonstrates that this is totally off the table when it comes to common sense.''

The Indian government has predicted the attack will affect relations between the two countries, and although it has ruled out sanctions, it has once again pressed Australia to ensure the safety of its citizens.

Victoria Police has declined to comment on the cartoon controversy.

Deputy Commissioner Kieran Walshe yesterday issued a personal assurance to India's high commissioner that "everything possible" was being done to bring the person responsible for Mr Garg's death to justice.

Mr Walshe maintained that police still had no evidence to suggest the murder of Mr Garg was racially motivated. He acknowledged that some crimes against Indians living in Melbourne had been motivated by racism.

He was supported in his comments by the Australian high commissioner to India, Peter Varghese, who said most crimes against Indians living and studying in Melbourne were "opportunistic, urban" crimes.

The Indian high commissioner in Australia, Sujatha Singh, yesterday met the Melbourne consulate-general of India, Acting Premier Rob Hulls and Mr Walshe to express her concerns about violence towards Indians living in Melbourne.

Mr Hulls, who is also Attorney-General, said he and Mr Walshe had made it clear that "everything that can possibly be done to find the perpetrator of this abhorrent crime is being done".

"We have also assured the high commissioner that we are a safe state, that we are a welcoming state," he said.

His comments came as detectives from the homicide squad set up an information caravan across the road from the Yarraville Hungry Jack's restaurant into which Mr Garg stumbled after he was stabbed in Cruickshank Park.

I was scoffed at when i said the Indian media was racist by members of this forum. Now do you believe me?

Do Indians think if they be racist the attacks will stop against them? :lol:

My favourite quote comes from the chief commisioner of the victorian police who said "Indians are more safer in Australia then they are in Indian it's self. Indian records 65,000 murders a year, and that's just the ones confirmed and reported"

India may record 60,000 murders a year (source??) but keep in mind that India is 50 times as big as Australia in terms of population.

I laughed at the cartoon. It was amusing, does the Victorian premier has nothing to do than to comment on cartoons published by a local Delhi newspapers?

I was scoffed at when i said the Indian media was racist by members of this forum. Now do you believe me?

No, because a) the cartoon does not prove any racism, and b) even if it did, one local Delhi newspaper does not reflect the opinions of the entire Indian media which is too varied and complex for some to comprehend.

India may record 60,000 murders a year (source??) but keep in mind that India is 50 times as big as Australia in terms of population.

I laughed at the cartoon. It was amusing, does the Victorian premier has nothing to do than to comment on cartoons published by a local Delhi newspapers?

No, because a) the cartoon does not prove any racism, and b) even if it did, one local Delhi newspaper does not reflect the opinions of the entire Indian media which is too varied and complex for some to comprehend.

You found a racist cartoon amusing? That makes you racist.

Such a predictable response :lol:

Well of course my response was predictable, what other response would your statement receive? :lol: If you find racist things amusing, you are a racist.

Get over your hyper-sensitivity. Explain how the cartoon was racist. In fact forget that, explain why exactly is the Victorian premier commenting on a cartoon in a daily in Delhi newspaper no one reads? Much ado about nothing.

Back
Top Bottom