What's new

Qureshi finally decides to join PTI

to q yaar support ker rahe ho imran khan ko, imran khan is just recruiting corrupt people

That is not true because if he was inviting useless shameless corrupt characters than you would have been on top of the list,

to q yaar support ker rahe ho imran khan ko, imran khan is just recruiting corrupt people

I dont think in generalities... by details I know what Imran Khan/PTI is and what path it has visualized for Pakistan, in a larger picture. Ever heard the saying "An army of sheep led by a lion ?" this is exactly what it is...

do you think this boy would have spoken the way he spoke if there was no Imran khan ??? Just like Bhutto gave tongue to blue collar class, Imran khan has given tongue to white collar class...

and we are not blind supporters, call spade a spade. simple !! thats what makes us different from status quo forces. see even the boy criticising was a PTI supporter... this is what PTI's internal structure looks like, vigilant and revolutionary !! :pakistan:

I dont think in generalities... by details I know what Imran Khan/PTI is and what path it has visualized for Pakistan, in a larger picture. Ever heard the saying "An army of sheep led by a lion ?" this is exactly what it is...

do you think this boy would have spoken the way he spoke if there was no Imran khan ??? Just like Bhutto gave tongue to blue collar class, Imran khan has given tongue to white collar class...

and we are not blind supporters, call spade a spade. simple !! thats what makes us different from status quo forces. see even the boy criticising was a PTI supporter... this is what PTI's internal structure looks like, vigilant and revolutionary !! :pakistan:

i know that imran khan is not corrupt, and in your thinking imran khan is a lion leading dozens of wolves in sheep skin, but how much you appreciate imran khan, people like these politicians are in politics since their ancestors, they are not old people, do you really see them being ruled and governed by imran khan, infact imran's party was not until they came and joined him, so do you think they will be subjugated..

next is imran is not even declaring their assets and that they are not corrupt, imran says, he will decide later on before elections that who wil get the parrty and who will not, but im sure quraishi though being corrupt will definitely get the party ticket, and that jhagra guy too

i think as the boy said, imran should forget these corrupt people and nominate some educated jawans for election

allah has given imran khan a chance after 15 years of struggle to prove himself, now its an exam that he doesnt fall for lucrative offers and nominate good people

i know that imran khan is not corrupt, and in your thinking imran khan is a lion leading dozens of wolves in sheep skin, but how much you appreciate imran khan, people like these politicians are in politics since their ancestors, they are not old people, do you really see them being ruled and governed by imran khan, infact imran's party was not until they came and joined him, so do you think they will be subjugated..

next is imran is not even declaring their assets and that they are not corrupt, imran says, he will decide later on before elections that who wil get the parrty and who will not, but im sure quraishi though being corrupt will definitely get the party ticket, and that jhagra guy too

i think as the boy said, imran should forget these corrupt people and nominate some educated jawans for election

allah has given imran khan a chance after 15 years of struggle to prove himself, now its an exam that he doesnt fall for lucrative offers and nominate good people

Imran khan has clearly said whosoever joins after Lahore Jalsa is an opportunist, because a politicians has invested alot in his constituency, therefore, he looks for return, and winds of change start from Lahore in Pakistan politics, and the process has begun. yes the "process" once Pakistan is under uncorruptable leadership of Imran khan, a higher standard/bench mark would catch the imagination of masses, below which they will never compromise. that is why it is necessary to subjugate these regional power houses through PTI, and its their interest too, if they want to keep their politics. as for controlling them effectively, it is difficult to say before hand. what twists they might take. I have reservations too.

SQM and Jhagra, they come under the shades of grey... we are living with a system in which Ullemah have clearly suspended the law regarding bribing for your rightful/haq, by Fatwa. to expect angels is foolish, its to tame the current lot and bring reform through education and social reforms, which cannot be done without being in power.

Asghar khan did the same, nominated unknowns, result Asghar khan !!

well like Imran says PTI can only be defeated by making bad alliance or corrupt people gaining PTI tickets !

may khofiya hath (Allah's help) be with him, that keep him taking the right decisions..

viva la Pakistan :pakistan:

Imran Khan is the leader and Dr Shireen Mazari is in charge of Foreign Policy. These two people will be the decision-making people in the party, so it doesnt matter about the rest. Both Imran Khan and Dr Shireen Mazari are on the top of the party and they both are lions.

This is why Qureshi is needed. He is influential in Southern Punjab and Northern Sindh. PTI needs more supporters in these areas.

MULTAN: “I assure you that the future of Pakistan is bright and this will someday be the country giving loans to other countries rather than the one living on them,” said Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chairperson Imran Khan, while addressing a gathering in Shujabad, Multan on Saturday.

Khan expressed his hopes for the future of the country and condemned the impact that the US war on terror has had in Pakistan. “I assure you that if my government comes to power we will not take orders from the US like the zombies sitting in the power annals of Islamabad and Lahore,” Khan said. “I envision a Pakistan that provides employment not only for all of its own people but also for the people who right now are working abroad. This will be the place people will come to work and study,” he added. “No citizen of Pakistan will go abroad to look for a better life because they will be able to find it here,” he said. Khan addressed told that the ‘tsunami of change’ had already begun and they would all be carried along with it. “I will not only finish corruption, I will eradicate it from the root,” he said, adding that the present government was run by corrupt people at all levels.

Khan said that military action was not the solution to any of the problems that Pakistan is facing. “The people of Pakistan should support me to end nepotism and root out the culture of bribery that prevails in this country,” he said.

Khan also condemned the Saturday attack of NATO forces, adding that the Pakistani government had wasted 70 billion dollars belonging to the Pakistani people on fighting the wars of others. “I know that the government will not do anything except issue some silly comments against brutality even after this attack. I do not issue comments, I believe in taking action,” he said.

Khan said that the political fight between Asif Ali Zardari and Nawaz Sharif was like watching a pre-planned wrestling match. “Neither has any skill or talent and both are corrupt,” he said.

Organisers of the rally had expected 30,000 people to show up but the turnout was much lower. “The crowd was smaller than expected and despite preparations for a much larger rally, the total number of people present hardly amounted to 3,000,” said Mubashar Khan.

“We expected to see people from all over Southern Punjab but that wasn’t the case. The total number was probably 2-3,000 people,” said a Punjab special branch official. More than 20 Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q) members announced their intention of joining the PTI over the weekend. Imran Khan is scheduled to attend the rally organised Shah Mehmood Qureshi in Ghotki today.

Published in The Express Tribune, November 27th, 2011

Imran Khan

Imran may be upright,moral but he wont be able to fight back when these black sheeps stab him in the back. ;/
ITs Better to keep them away.

Imran may be upright,moral but he wont be able to fight back when these black sheeps stab him in the back. ;/
ITs Better to keep them away.

Qureshi didnt give into US pressure after the Raymond Davis case. How is he black sheep? He is better than Zaradri and Gilani and rest of those PPP pets of amreeka.

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

From PPP to PTI: Qureshi’s ‘final’ destination?

LAHORE: Former foreign minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, expected to officially announce his new party affiliation at his widely-anticipated rally in Ghotki today (Sunday), has decided to join Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI), sources told The Express Tribune.

The former Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) stalwart has also conveyed his decision to both Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif and PTI chief Imran Khan and has asked PTI to join his gathering in Ghotki. Qureshi’s close friend and member of PML-N Asghar Ali Rind informed Sharif of his final decision.

Another close ally of the former minister, a PPP member of the Punjab Assembly who requested anonymity, confirmed to The Express Tribune that Qureshi was indeed joining PTI.

Sources also said that Shah Mehmood Qureshi made his decision after two days of consultation with friends inside and outside the country, who “strongly recommended” it.

PML-N tight-lipped

Former Sindh governor Mamnoon Hussain while talking to The Express Tribune corroborated that he had helped arrange the meeting between Qureshi and Sharif but added that only an official announcement would confirm Qureshi’s new affiliation and that he had no information on Qureshi conveying a decision to the PML-N chief.

In what appeared to be a dismissal of Qureshi by the PML-N, MNA Rana Mehmoodul Hassan told The Express Tribune that Qureshi is “following the directions of people in Aabpara in Islamabad”. He added that PML-N held negotiations over seat adjustment often and after contemplation, party leadership had taken a final decision in this regard.

Rahim Yar Khan to Ghotki: a (political) journey

Meanwhile, PTI office bearers from all over Punjab, including Lahore, have started their journey towards Ghotki. On the way, they will attend a rally in Rahim Yar Khan, located a short distance from Qureshi’s rally’s venue, where PTI chief Khan is to address a gathering. Former district nazim Rafique Haider Khan Leghari and other former MPAs and MNAs including Zafar Cheema are also to join PTI there.

“According to PTI’s schedule, Imran will address the Rahim Yar Khan gathering in the morning and move towards Ghotki where both him and Qureshi will deliver speeches on their future policy,” a top PTI official confirmed.

PTI sources also told The Express Tribune that negotiations between Qureshi and PTI had been finalised by PTI Senior Vice President Hamid Khan and ‘some influential people in Islamabad’.

PTI General Secretary Dr Arif Ali has confirmed that Khan will deliver his address after 4pm in Ghotki. Asked about any deal between Qureshi and PTI, he merely stated that Qureshi’s designation in the PTI could only be confirmed after he joined the party. He added that PTI Senior Vice President Ejaz Chaudhry is already in Ghotki involved in arrangements for the rally.

The former minister himself was not available for comment.

Qureshi in Multan

Meanwhile, the man who will answer the big question himself continued his anti-government tirade at an address in Multan, giving a preview of what is likely to be said at his rally. The former foreign minister said that the NRO verdict announced on Friday was the first step towards change which would unveil “all corrupt people sitting in positions of power”.

[WITH ADDITIONAL REPORTING BY OWAIS JAFRI IN MULTAN]

Published in The Express Tribune, November 27th, 2011

From PPP to PTI: Qureshi

Qureshi didnt give into US pressure after the Raymond Davis case. How is he black sheep? He is better than Zaradri and Gilani and rest of those PPP pets of amreeka.

Must we choose the lesser evil? Why did he sit back when PPP was looting ,the last 3 years
What I mean is that If Makhdooms,Chaudarys,Waraich,cheemay,Ranay,Rajay continue to find their way in PTI ,it will turn into yet another ISI incubated Muslim league.

Ok- so now wait for PTI and Sheikh Rasheed Alliance-
Imran finally becoming a Politician-

Must we choose the lesser evil? Why did he sit back when PPP was looting ,the last 3 years
What I mean is that If Makhdooms,Chaudarys,Waraich,cheemay,Ranay,Rajay continue to find their way in PTI ,it will turn into yet another ISI incubated Muslim league.

PTI is for all Pakistanis regardless of ethnic groups, clans, and last names. One of PTI's objectives is to unite all Pakistanis. Many former ANP members are also coming to PTI so its not only former PPP and former PML-N members. These members will have to declare their assets to have a high ranking position in the party.

PTI is popular in FATA, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Northern/Central Punjab and some areas of Balochistan. PTI needs support in Southern Punjab and Sindh, and Qureshi can help PTI in this regard. Also he has experience.

People irrespective of caste,colour should join PTI,not those who have had alliances with the corrupt.

Did'nt Khan promise us new faces??? Is Mr. Qureshi a new face? This is a change Khan have being talking all this time??? Mr. Qureshi was in PML(N) than PPP and now he will be joining PTI..... whats new in this??? only that same old face with new party alliance..

Did'nt Khan promise us new faces??? Is Mr. Qureshi a new face? This is a change Khan have being talking all this time??? Mr. Qureshi was in PML(N) than PPP and now he will be joining PTI..... whats new in this??? only that same old face with new party alliance..

He will be following PTI's principles not PML-N or PPP and weren't you PML-N so desperate to get Qureshi because of his popularity in Southern Punjab/Northern Sindh.

People can change. Quaid-e-Azam and Imran Khan both changed and worked day and night for their people as they aged.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom