What's new

Quotes

give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

Jesus Krist

10513381_10201687588625944_3851676741691061634_n.jpg

Thats Chinese proverb
It isn't really. It's a rewording of a passage taken from the book Mrs. Dymond by Anne Isabella Ritchie. It was written sometime in the late 19th century. Here's the original:

"He certainly doesn't practise his precepts, but I suppose the patron meant that if you give a man a fish he is hungry again in an hour; if you teach him to catch a fish you do him a good turn."

It isn't really. It's a rewording of a passage taken from the book Mrs. Dymond by Anne Isabella Ritchie. It was written sometime in the late 19th century. Here's the original:

"He certainly doesn't practise his precepts, but I suppose the patron meant that if you give a man a fish he is hungry again in an hour; if you teach him to catch a fish you do him a good turn."

she may have copied..

@Chinese-Dragon isn't this a Chinese proverb? >> "if you give a man a fish he is hungry again in an hour; if you teach him to catch a fish"

I Agree but the perception internationally and nationally alike is different again just take it as virtual land of terrorists who declare us kafir and own the entire land of ummah.

There is another famous quote that I learned it from my brother when he went to PMA;

"If we don't come back tell them we have sacrificed our today for their tomorrow"
I have also heard this in Abrar ul Haq's song but who's the real author?

Back
Top Bottom