What's new

Quick Querry about my research.

GOD OF WAR

Reaction score
just a quick question, hope u good folks will oblige as always.

Im writing a research paper for which i met an Army officer on an informal basis. He is a Major and doctor. When I asked what his unit was, he said that he is a graduate of the AMC and therefore does not have a unit?!?!

Then I asked him which L/C was he from and he said that since he was a doctor major, he doesnt belong to any long course, he was in PMA for only 6 months with 87 LONG COURSE.

Now during the meet, he claimed many things which i took with a pich of salt. But when he said that he is also SSG qualified and has also served 6 months in Siachin, that gave me the feeling that he is bragging about things that he has no rights over....

Question is: Can Army Doctors volunteer for SSG? and can they be posted at Siachin? ( and not at base camp.) He claimed he lived in an igloo and stuff, but I asked him rudamentry stuff abuoy mountain warefare, he gave me unsatisfactory answers.

Personally I think he was oozing of that smelly stuff that comes out of the rear end of horses and cattle :p:P:P. i think I knew more about the army and ssg that he did, and if i told him i was a major and made up a 'story' about my days at PMA, and told him that I was from 10 Baloch or Probyn Horse he would have not caught me, God knows I was tempted!! :bounce:

thank you in advance

Well, AMC officers do go to those high up and remote areas AFAIK...Skardu, Gilgit and farther forward.

As for the SSG thing, I don't know about that, @F.O.X is the person who is going to answer that.
@Xeric as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are talking about active Fighter in SSG , then No AMC cannot be front line Fighters .

they do however are trained ( if they have to go to remote areas like siachin ) so they can survive , & are not killed by the weather .

they also get basic training of self defense & in some case advance training so they can keep up with SF in case of special missions or circumstances .

Personally I think he was oozing of that smelly stuff that comes out of the rear end of horses and cattle :p:P:P. i think I knew more about the army and ssg that he did, and if i told him i was a major and made up a 'story' about my days at PMA, and told him that I was from 10 Baloch or Probyn Horse he would have not caught me, God knows I was tempted!! :bounce:
That guy must have been an Indian RAW agent! :lol:

And how can he be posted to Siachen? :woot: It is way East of the Soltoro Ridge where India is deployed!! Did he parachute down there? :undecided: :lol:

just a quick question, hope u good folks will oblige as always.

Im writing a research paper for which i met an Army officer on an informal basis. He is a Major and doctor. When I asked what his unit was, he said that he is a graduate of the AMC and therefore does not have a unit?!?!
AMC officers dont have 'regimentation' like other regular units, hence they dont have a 'fixed' unit to belong to. They get posted from CMHs to Field Ambulances and MDSs (Main Dressing Stations) to regular infantry or artillery units as RMOs (Regiment Medical Officers) during war. Hence they dont have a 'unit' per se.

So there's no need to raise and alarm!

Then I asked him which L/C was he from and he said that since he was a doctor major, he doesnt belong to any long course, he was in PMA for only 6 months with 87 LONG COURSE.
Again, AMC chaps dont have a 'Long Course'. The word 'long' in there means something, so when a doctor spends only 6 months in PMA, what's so long about it?

On a serious note, these guys do have their own serials like 50th AMC course or 120th AMC etc when they join the AM College, but that's different than the regular Long Course, however their seniority is as per the course with which they have passed out. Like in this case as he says that he was there with 87 L/C that means his seniority belongs to 87th.

Now the thing to be seen is that did he enter PMA with 87 L/C or did he leave i.e. pass out with 87th, both have a different connotation.

So again, there was no need for you to jump the gun.

Now during the meet, he claimed many things which i took with a pich of salt. But when he said that he is also SSG qualified and has also served 6 months in Siachin, that gave me the feeling that he is bragging about things that he has no rights over....

Question is: Can Army Doctors volunteer for SSG? and can they be posted at Siachin? ( and not at base camp.) He claimed he lived in an igloo and stuff, but I asked him rudamentry stuff abuoy mountain warefare, he gave me unsatisfactory answers.

AMC guys cant do SSG, but they do get posted t every hard area with regular troops, like at Siachen, Swat, Waziristan, Kashmir. How else do you think they provide us with medical cover? They bear almost the same hardships as any regular soldier would do at these stations.

thank you in advance

Will appreciate if you keep your shytty comments to yourself, when you have a forum to answer your queries.

Ask a Doc about Mountain warfare and you shouldn't be surprised with the answers you get.

He'd be manning his MI Room or a part of Field Hospital or something.

SSG like all other special force units must be entitled to an RMO.

what is the difference between a candidate from army medical college and a candidate who have studied in any other medical college but want to join army?

do they have any difference?

and why after mbbs the person is directly promoted to captain while the regular army official start from 2nd leut?

and most important i heard that army medical corps troops are paid more
let suppose if one is a regular army captain and one from Army medical corps..the one from army medical corps is paid more?this is what i heart..if true than why?doesnt both belong to same captain rank?

let suppose if one is a regular army captain and one from Army medical corps..the one from army medical corps is paid more?this is what i heart..if true than why?doesnt both belong to same captain rank?

Same thing with engineers. They get a bit more.

That;s just the general thing, Xeric could go into the details.

@GOD OF WAR, I guess Xeric explained it well to you, no offence to you but if you knew so much about army then you should have known this all rather than asking the forum. If he said he was posted at siachin / gilgit/ skardu then that is right, as Xeric said they are posted at medical stations. I personally know a female nurse, who is working at MH Rawalpindi, for 2 years she was posted at Skardu. It is not only for Medical staff but everyone. My classmates father is Lt Col in Engineering, he was posted in gilgit for a long time.
Talking about SSG, then I am not sure but I don't think people from Services Corp can volunteer for SSG , but they do get posted with SF. I remember seeing an officer in Khaki uniform having a Mountaineering shoulder patch

what is the difference between a candidate from army medical college and a candidate who have studied in any other medical college but want to join army?

do they have any difference?

and why after mbbs the person is directly promoted to captain while the regular army official start from 2nd leut?

and most important i heard that army medical corps troops are paid more

There is no difference in both, graduates from civil colleges can also join AMC. (I was told by someone, so not 100% sure on this).
And talking about 2nd Lt and Captain, then I believe it has something to do with years spent during study and training @Xeric can confirm this. but this is logic which comes in my mind.
Like After F.S.C , you join the army as G.C, spend 2 years and pass out with B.A degree (14 years of education) hence 2nd Lt, after 3 more years you are promoted to Captain rank. However when you join Medical Corps you pass out with MBBS (16 years+ of education) + the house job / training hence you get the rank of Captain directly.
Same goes for engineers / ICTOs, they have 16 years of education
That

@GOD OF WAR, I guess Xeric explained it well to you, no offence to you but if you knew so much about army then you should have known this all rather than asking the forum. If he said he was posted at siachin / gilgit/ skardu then that is right, as Xeric said they are posted at medical stations. I personally know a female nurse, who is working at MH Rawalpindi, for 2 years she was posted at Skardu. It is not only for Medical staff but everyone. My classmates father is Lt Col in Engineering, he was posted in gilgit for a long time.
Talking about SSG, then I am not sure but I don't think people from Services Corp can volunteer for SSG , but they do get posted with SF. I remember seeing an officer in Khaki uniform having a Mountaineering shoulder patch
People from ASC and Ordnance can go to SSG, there are soldiers and Officers from these arms serving actively in SSG.
Same thing with engineers. They get a bit more.

That;s just the general thing, Xeric could go into the details.

Docs and Engrs get non-practicing allowance and qualification pay respectively (in lieu of their MBBS and engg degrees), hence their pay is a bit more than their counterparts in the regular units.

People from ASC and Ordnance can go to SSG, there are soldiers and Officers from these arms serving actively in SSG.

Docs and Engrs get non-practicing allowance and qualification pay respectively (in lieu of their MBBS and engg degrees), hence their pay is a bit more than their counterparts in the regular units.

Thanks for letting us know, i knew about doctors not joining ssg, but wasn't sure if others could join,
Can we say only officers who are inducted from L/C can only join ssg, and officers inducted through short service commission can't?

one more question

what about the respect?do they get similar respect as well?
and do the Army medical corps personnel will also participate in war?if yes they are only limited to providing health care to the regular soldiers or do they participate with guns as well?

and are all the AMC personnel on short service commision?

one more question

what about the respect?do they get similar respect as well?
and do the Army medical corps personnel will also participate in war?if yes they are only limited to providing health care to the regular soldiers or do they participate with guns as well?

and are all the AMC personnel on short service commision?

Sorry.....but DAFUQ..?!

Back
Top Bottom