What's new

Featured Quetta: The death toll in the attack on FC post has risen to ten

Guess we should run " chanda" on pdf
Go for it...on a serious note I agree with you on:

Unless BLA relaizes the high cost and futality of their ops these will continue since BLA has always been very sucessful since FC lacks MRAPs and has no air support this is safe some million dollars

The Baluchistan insurgency problem is not of man or material rather it is problem of ownership and operational. Pakistan government due to political considerations could not provide effective response matching the problem. There were army operation happened before in Baluchistan but due to porous borders most militants fled out of country. So first you need to fence and seal the borders so when operations are called again no one can fled nor they get outside assistance.

Last edited:
Quetta: The death toll in the attack on FC post has risen to ten
Tuesday, June 1, 2021 22:06
Zainuddin Ahmed, Urdu News, Quetta
1124951-2136298709.jpg

No group or individual has claimed responsibility for the latest attack. (File photo: AFP)

The death toll in Monday night's attack on the Frontier Corps on the outskirts of Quetta, the capital of Balochistan, has risen to ten.
Balochistan Home Minister Ziaullah Langove while talking to Urdu News on telephone confirmed that the bodies of ten FC personnel were taken to the Combined Military Hospital in Quetta.
He said that seven FC personnel were also injured in the attack and were admitted to CMH. The condition of one of the injured is said to be critical.
The attack was carried out by unidentified terrorists on Monday evening at the Owais check post of the Frontier Corps Balochistan Gaza Band Scouts 129 Wing at Pir Ismail Ziarat near Marwar, about 70 km east of Quetta.
Extensive coal reserves are found in this mountainous region between Quetta and Bolan. The FC has set up check posts here to protect thousands of miners working in the coal mines.
A senior security official stationed in Quetta said on condition of anonymity that more than 20 assailants armed with sophisticated weapons surrounded the check post from different directions. They fired indiscriminately with Kalashnikovs, sniper rifles and other small arms.
000_8q43em.jpg

Attacks on security forces in Balochistan have increased in recent days (File Photo: AFP)
According to the security officer, there were nearly 25 officers at the check post at that time who fought for several hours. Ten personnel, including Post Commander Naib Subedar Ijaz Ali, were martyred and seven others were injured in the firing, while six survived.
Provincial Home Minister Zia Langove said that the FC soldiers fought hard. Several terrorists were also killed in the retaliatory and subsequent operation.
On Monday night, the Pakistan Army's public relations department, ISPR, initially confirmed the deaths of four personnel, saying "four to five terrorists were killed and seven to eight were injured in the FC retaliation."
The ISPR had said that an FC vehicle was hit by an IED in Quetta as well as in Turbat, injuring two FC personnel.
The banned separatist organization Baloch Liberation Army claimed responsibility for the Turbat attack, but no group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack on the FC checkpoint at Pir Ismail Ziarat near Quetta.
There have been similar attacks on FC Chowk posts in Pir Ismail Ziarat and adjoining Marwar, Margat, Shahrag and nearby areas before. On May 9, three FC personnel were killed in an attack on an FC outpost in Marwar, and on May 5, a militant attack on border guards in the Zhob district bordering Afghanistan killed seven FC personnel. ۔
It may be recalled that in recent days, there has been an increase in attacks on security forces in Balochistan. In the last one month alone, at least 25 personnel have lost their lives in more than half a dozen attacks on the FC in Balochistan.

RIP soldiers .

Usually they are so remote that phsycial bavk up isnt possible
Then why set them up in the first place? And a coal mine isn't remote, it's connected to roads, else how would all the coal be transported and be sold?
I want to know the mindset of the person that decides these things.

Facebook of one the terrorist who attacked the post studied at Arid in Pindi.
Screenshot_20210604-131359_Chrome.jpg

His Twitter account.
Apparently his name is Aftab Yousaf Baloch and Jattak could be an alias.
Screenshot_20210604-132122_Chrome.jpg

The dead terrorists have been identified.
The post had barbed wire which was cut by the terrorists.
The dead terrorists.Rest in hell now.
These guys look like charsi's.View attachment 750688
Try editing out the images ,,, don't share link to their channel ... remove the word shaheed --- you are more than welcome to add ; Dog as prefix

This news basically indicates failure on two fronts.
1 - Intelligence failure
2 - Logistics/Quick response teams

From the various videos i have watched over the years it is clear that Baluch militants choose isolated pickets/posts to attack and use it to their advantage. To be honest, FC needs an overhaul again in their trainings and their conduct because i have seen these guys very complacent even in the war zone. They are not disciplined like army. I think this is a good time to put FC under Army's control where joint intel set up and joint response teams are created to tackle this menace of terrorism in Baluchistan.

Last but not least, killing foot soldiers is not going to make a dent to planners sitting in our neighboring countries. The war should be taken to their door steps.
According to reliable insiders they given location by our neighbours through Google map search locations and even convoy tracking through wheel tracks

Google map search locations
How do you manage to do that? Satellite images are old and not of good use, if anything 'neighbour' would provide better images than google.

This Aftab Yousaf Baloch guy I think I have seen him around Pindi at several occasions.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom