What's new

Questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ What happened over 1000 years ago, doesn't have much affect on the population today. You didnt give evidence that Pakistanis are a mixture of Aryans and Dravadians. In your wikipedia article you posted, the study took place in India NOT Pakistan. The study that takes place in India doesnt prove anything for all people of South Asia.

I don't know how this thread became one about looks and characteristics from one of language. But I'll play along. I have been mistaken for a Pakistani and a Bangladeshi while in Europe, so it is something I am curious about.
I am attaching a few pics I found on Google browsing. Let's see which ones we can identify as Pakistani/ Indian.

Attachments

• _41549770_ap_muslims416.jpg
    _41549770_ap_muslims416.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 13
  • _44434089_1f63bb32-12a3-4efd-83db-a29024da19f8.jpg
    _44434089_1f63bb32-12a3-4efd-83db-a29024da19f8.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 0b3587ed.jpg
    0b3587ed.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 2419537674-all-bets-off-on-india-s-crucial-muslim-vote.jpg
    2419537674-all-bets-off-on-india-s-crucial-muslim-vote.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 1229059015636.jpg
    1229059015636.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 13
All the pics are of Muslims, just so that dress does not give anything away.

Attachments

• ai111505a01.jpg
    ai111505a01.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Photosource-www.milligazetteOK_000.jpg
    Photosource-www.milligazetteOK_000.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 17
  • ramadan30.jpg
    ramadan30.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 10

Pakistan's Foreign Minister Makhdoom Shah Mahmood Qureshi is on the right in front of the Pakistani flag and India's Foreign Minister Pranab Mukherjee is on the left in front of the Indian flag.

Last edited:
8c16a05d9167f292f8fa7987dc69a06f.jpg

Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah walking with Gandhi.

8c16a05d9167f292f8fa7987dc69a06f.jpg

Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah walking with Gandhi.

Gandhi and Jinnah are pretty interesting. Both were Gujratis. Jinnah was born in Karachi, but apparently his folks were Gujratis and then he lived in Bombay.

^ Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah was the founder of Pakistan who was born in Karachi. He is Pakistani and looked very different from the Indian national figure Gandhi.

Indian Punjabi on the left and Pakistani Punjabi on the right

It makes no sense to pick pictures of people who are distinctly dressed. I bet the result would be closer if Manmohan Singh did not have his turban on. Also, if you conduct an experiment, you should have randomized tests - what I did was to run a simple google search and pick the first pictures I saw. I excluded only those pictures which were immediatly identifiable personalities (politicians, sportspersons etc.) and pictures where background gave something away.

You can run the search yourself. AFAIK, only the dress or background gives the nationality away.

Anyway if you want the searches I ran -in case you wanted to replicate the results. My conclusion is that dress & background have more to do with "Indian" vs "Pak" than looks.

I first searched for Pakistani Men and got the first 3 pics I posted and the first picture in the second post. Then I searched for Indian Muslims and got the remaining pictures.

AFAIK, I can't tell the difference, except for the men with guns. I'd have said they were Kashmiri or Afghan.

^ Its nothing about religious clothing. There is a distinct Indian look just like theres a Pakistani look and there's an Afghan look. You can tell just by looking at the features but Pakistan is very diverse and Pakistanis come in all different shapes, sizes, and colors...but we do have a Pakistani look. Pakistanis can ussually tell their own people apart.

20080829251702201.jpg

^ Its nothing about religious clothing. There is a distinct Indian look just like theres a Pakistani look and there's an Afghan look. You can tell just by looking at the features but Pakistan is very diverse and Pakistanis come in all different shapes, sizes, and colors...but we do have a Pakistani look. Pakistanis can ussually tell their own people apart.

20080829251702201.jpg

Well, you again posted pictures with people distinctly dressed. I bet you could not tell them apart if they were not. Their skin tone is identical, so is their eye colour. It is best seen in settings outside the home country.

In Spain, there are very few Indians. So I have had every single Pakistani shopkeeper mistake me for a Pakistani. I also have been mistaken for a Bangladeshi in a bunch of places.

Anyway, why don't you post a few pics of people who are not distinctly dressed ? Or try a google search yourself to see if you can identify the people ?

^ Why are you so focused on Mr Singh's turban? His face is not covered. Its not only skin tone, theres difference in features also if you look at these men..they do not look like the same people.

I'm Pakistani, I've been to US, Canada, Europe, and 90% of the time I can tell whose a Pakistani and whose an Indian and it got nothing to do with skin color because you will find dark Pakistanis and very light Pakistanis.
Pakistanis usually can tell their own people apart from Indians but there are always exceptions.

And I dont think you will find any Indian who looks like him (excluding the Bollywood Khans who can trace their ancestors to Pakistan and Afghanistan).

bcb14a77badf4981a05d8a3d32be506b.jpg

Zaid Hamid, a proud Pakistani.

WTF, really difficult to tell people apart, you are right.

And as to the two real old gujratis looking sooo different, i'm convinced of the two nation theory :rofl:

Here's a pakistani punjabi (born in india by mistake, he did not get the memo)

horm5xdq.jpg

How superficial, stupid and ignorant can we get!

^ None of the pictures I posted are of bodybuilders, wrestlers, actors, or models who make a living on their looks.

Pakistanis and Indians are not the same people, thats the point I'm saying maybe you Indians are in denial but as a Pakistani I can always tell a Pakistani apart from an Indian most of the time. Sorry to disappoint you, we are NOT the same people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom