What's new

Questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ The study you provided just proves that 14% of Pakistan's population shares same genes as 30% of India's population. That doesnt prove anything. 86% Pakistanis are from different gene and we are NOT the same people.

^^ It means you have 14% probability of having that gene and I, 30%. Given the number of genes, the probability of one gene being so high is unusual and has only one explanation. That we are <*cough*> distant cousins.:smitten:

:cheers:

Heres from the same study:

In a worldwide comparison, Pakistani populations mostly cluster around a pooled South Asian sample and lie close to a Middle Eastern sample (fig. 2A). This finding is unsurprising, in part because the South Asian sample included 62 Pakistani individuals (i.e., 32% of 196 total) and in part because Y variation in many areas of the world is predominantly structured by geography, not by language or ethnic affiliation (Rosser et al. 2000; Zerjal et al. 2001). The greater genetic similarity of Pakistani populations to those in the west than to eastern populations is illustrated by the fact that four of the five frequent haplogroups in Pakistan (haplogroups 1, 2, 3, and 9, which together make up 79% of the total population) are also frequent in western Asia and Europe but not in China or Japan; conversely, the haplogroups that are frequent in East Asia (e.g., 4, 5, 10, 13, and 20) are rare or absent in Pakistan, forming only 2.5% of the total. If, as in some interpretations, an early exodus from Africa along the southern coast of Asia led to the first anatomically modern human populations in Pakistan, and these people carried the eastern haplogroups or their precursors, their Y chromosomes have now been largely replaced by subsequent migrations or gene flow; indeed, the representatives of the eastern haplogroups in Pakistan may be derived from modern back-migration, not from ancient survivors.

Y-Chromosomal DNA Variation in Pakistan

^^ It means you have 14% probability of having that gene and I, 30%. Given the number of genes, the probability of one gene being so high is unusual and has only one explanation. That we are <*cough*> distant cousins.:smitten:

:cheers:

It also means that I have a 86% probability of not having the gene and you 70% of not having the gene meaning we share no common ancestor :cheers:

Heres from the same study:

In a worldwide comparison, Pakistani populations mostly cluster around a pooled South Asian sample and lie close to a Middle Eastern sample (fig. 2A). This finding is unsurprising, in part because the South Asian sample included 62 Pakistani individuals (i.e., 32% of 196 total) and in part because Y variation in many areas of the world is predominantly structured by geography, not by language or ethnic affiliation (Rosser et al. 2000; Zerjal et al. 2001). The greater genetic similarity of Pakistani populations to those in the west than to eastern populations is illustrated by the fact that four of the five frequent haplogroups in Pakistan (haplogroups 1, 2, 3, and 9, which together make up 79% of the total population) are also frequent in western Asia and Europe but not in China or Japan; conversely, the haplogroups that are frequent in East Asia (e.g., 4, 5, 10, 13, and 20) are rare or absent in Pakistan, forming only 2.5% of the total. If, as in some interpretations, an early exodus from Africa along the southern coast of Asia led to the first anatomically modern human populations in Pakistan, and these people carried the eastern haplogroups or their precursors, their Y chromosomes have now been largely replaced by subsequent migrations or gene flow; indeed, the representatives of the eastern haplogroups in Pakistan may be derived from modern back-migration, not from ancient survivors.

Y-Chromosomal DNA Variation in Pakistan
There. Corrected the highlighting for you. :cheers:

It also means that I have a 86&#37; probability of not having the gene and you 70% of not having the gene meaning we share no common ancestor :cheers:
If we didn't have any common ancestor, then the "probability of not having the gene" would have been a ginormous ZERO.:cheers:

ERRATA: Instead of "ZERO" it should read "100%". Freudian slip, I guess.

Last edited:
If we didn't have any common ancestor, then the "probability of not having the gene" would have been a ginormous ZERO.:cheers:

You're right. Adam and Eve were our common ancestors. Now you Indians should become Muslims and lets make a Greater Pakistan.

:pakistan:

You're right. Adam and Eve were our common ancestors. Now you Indians should become Muslims and lets make a Greater Pakistan.

:pakistan:
Finally, into the realms of mindless rhetoric.

ta ta..:wave:

Obviously Indians and Pakistani are not the same people. Indian's themselves are not the same everywhere, People in the north east differ from people living in South India who differ from north Indians. The point is, you're claiming that Pakistanis as a people are some sort of foreign ethnicity in South Asia, which is absurd. Both North Indians and a significant portion of Pakistanis are Indo-Aryans. Dravidians exist both in Pakistan and in India.

Look its simple PAKISTANIs are better looking any day INDIAN women have SIDE BURNS BIGGER THAN GUYS!!!

FUNNY thing is in this THREAD WE PAKISTANIS DON'T WANT TO BE YOU...while indians are dying to prove that we are same....to me that shows to some extent our SUPERIRORITY....

FATEH no the picture you attached looked NEPALI.....and AJMAL KASAB i still maintain is not pakistani no matter what nonsense you say!!! and i think i attached a link on one of the threads to tell you that the real ajmal was abducted in nepal let's not bring ajmal into it!!!!

PAKISTANIS are PAKISTANIS...better looking anyday....you can try to be us GOOD FOR YOU....we will never take u as one of US!!! yes people in karachi who migrated from india do look a bit indian but overall PAKISTANIS are diffrent accept it live with it....

MODS please close this thread...this is just getting out of context!!!

Pakistanis are better looking than Indians? :rolleyes: Is this the same theory that says that 1 Pakistani = 10 Indian soldiers? :lol:

If you could quantify your post with examples then perhaps it would make you look less like a moron, but i doubt it.

When you make posts like these, somehow my signature seems appropriate.

Look its simple PAKISTANIs are better looking any day INDIAN women have SIDE BURNS BIGGER THAN GUYS!!!

Phew, thanks mate. Omar was trying to say the same thing in different ways and we were refusing to humor him. atleast you said it openly. Thanks :lol:

Now its become too easy.

Abt Kasab, so now pakistan's throwing out people it considers not good looking enough? nice, the idea of Pakistan :lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom