What's new

Questions abound as Bangladesh science teacher arrested for ‘hurting religious feelings’

Here is an easy cure for 'hurt feelings' -
GROW THE HELL UP, BEHAVE LIKE AN ADULT AND LEAVE ALL THE WEEPING FOR BABIES.

You screaming blasphemer...... I'll have your :butcher:
On a serious note, people should understand that they are living in the 21st century and should use their common sense.
It's not safe to have difference of opinion in a conservative ultra orthodox society.

I think the teacher stated about human who is started by Monkey, this is Darwin theory that cannot be proven by Science, just a theory

1. There is no transcript in the article as to what was recorded by the students.

2. Darwin's theory might be true unless humans were inserted on Earth by beings from other worlds or human generation material was carried in space rocks and ice. There is the theory of Panspermia. This post of mine has an article saying that octopuses and squids came to Earth as eggs stored within space rocks and ice.

How come ? That is very recent revelation.

AFAIK steel is not found naturally anywhere in the universe, it is a human-made alloy with mainly iron with addition of carbon and chromium. But if you are talking about iron :
In its metallic state, iron is rare in the Earth's crust, limited mainly to deposition by meteorites. Iron ores, by contrast, are among the most abundant in the Earth's crust, although extracting usable metal from them requires kilns or furnaces capable of reaching 1,500 °C (2,730 °F) or higher, about 500 °C (932 °F) higher than that required to smelt copper.
So, iron is found beneath the earth but in ore form and why not, after all the Earth and the rest of our Solar System also formed from gradual, location-based gathering of star dust. Please reconsider that Quran verse in light of this.

And to talk about the astronomical knowledge of Greeks and other previous non-Muslims I will paste pictures of an ancient Greek analog computer called now as the Antikythera Mechanism and first below is one part of what was found under the sea :
NAMA_Machine_d%27Anticyth%C3%A8re_1.jpg

One modern reconstruction as to how its front face might have looked like :
Computer_graphic_for_front_of_Antikythera_mechanism.jpg

Antikythera Mechanism text from Wikipedia :
The Antikythera mechanism (/ˌæntɪkɪˈθɪərə/ AN-tih-kih-THEER-ə) is an ancient Greek hand-powered orrery, described as the oldest example of an analogue computer[1][2][3] used to predict astronomical positions and eclipses decades in advance.[4][5][6] It could also be used to track the four-year cycle of athletic games which was similar to an Olympiad, the cycle of the ancient Olympic Games.[7][8][9]

This artefact was among wreckage retrieved from a shipwreck off the coast of the Greek island Antikythera in 1901.[10][11] On 17 May 1902, it was identified as containing a gear by archaeologist Valerios Stais.[12] The device, housed in the remains of a 34 cm × 18 cm × 9 cm (13.4 in × 7.1 in × 3.5 in) wooden box, was found as one lump, later separated into three main fragments which are now divided into 82 separate fragments after conservation efforts. Four of these fragments contain gears, while inscriptions are found on many others.[13][14] The largest gear is approximately 13 centimetres (5.1 in) in diameter and originally had 223 teeth.[15]

In 2008, a team led by Mike Edmunds and Tony Freeth at Cardiff University used modern computer x-ray tomography and high resolution surface scanning to image inside fragments of the crust-encased mechanism and read the faintest inscriptions that once covered the outer casing of the machine. This suggests that it had 37 meshing bronze gears enabling it to follow the movements of the Moon and the Sun through the zodiac, to predict eclipses and to model the irregular orbit of the Moon, where the Moon's velocity is higher in its perigee than in its apogee. This motion was studied in the 2nd century BC by astronomer Hipparchus of Rhodes, and it is speculated that he may have been consulted in the machine's construction.[16] There is speculation that a portion of the mechanism is missing and it also calculated the positions of the five classical planets.

The instrument is believed to have been designed and constructed by Greek scientists and has been variously dated to about 87 BC,[17] or between 150 and 100 BC,[4] or to 205 BC,[18][19] or to within a generation before the shipwreck, which has been dated to approximately 70–60 BC.[20][21] Later clockwork is known from the medieval Byzantine and Muslim worlds, but works with similar complexity did not appear again until the astronomical clocks of Richard of Wallingford and Giovanni de' Dondi in the fourteenth century.[22]

All known fragments of the Antikythera mechanism are now kept at the National Archaeological Museum, Athens, along with a number of artistic reconstructions and replicas[23][24] to demonstrate how it may have looked and worked.
I glanced though the wiki and I saw that the calendar referenced by this machine was the ancient Egyptian solar calendar. And astronomical instruments and methods were devised by the later Muslims including the Islamic Golden Age but they didn't only operate using verses from the Quran but devised from their own contemporary thinking as well as learnt from Greek, Egyptian etc sources.

??

However it always takes two to make a noise. Why would some random student would go against him to file complaints against him unless he showed anti Islamic sentiment in the past?

Wouldn't his colleagues know if he had anti-Islamic sentiment ? They support him as do others. Don't be so eager to let off those students as theirs was a criminal act and their links must be investigated. They could be in the TJ or Hefazat or JI.

Reflecting young-Earth creationist beliefs, the museum depicts humans and dinosaurs coexisting, portrays the Earth as approximately 6,000 years old, and disputes the theory of evolution. Scientists and educators have criticized the museum for misrepresenting science and expressed concerns that it could harm science education.'
Bold part: The Earth was created 6,000/ 8000 years ago and not about 5 billion years ago after a bigger star exploded aftermath of which the Sun and its satellites were created along with all the millions of large stones in the Kuiper Belt??

Also, the scientists have been looking for the oldest human bones in Africa. They have found one skeleton of a lady they named Lucy, a 3.2 million-year old fossil skeleton of a human ancestor, was discovered in 1974 in Hadar, Ethiopia.

The DNA of all the present human races can be traced back to her DNA. It means, Lucy is the mother of all of us.

1649418031411.png

Skeleton of Lady Lucy, mother of all the human being, found in Ethiopia in probably 1974

Dinosaurs stopped existing probably 68 million years ago, and the oldest human skeleton is 3.2 million years old. The fundamentalists should stop propagating falsehood citing some old textbooks written by worthless and lying Christian Mullahs.

Last edited:
Quran is way ahead of Science, as science is based on what current scientist can found, where many can only be found 1000 years after the Quran is revealed by God in 7 Century.

One of verse in Quran that I see astonishing is when Quran talks about the steel that according to Quran comes from the sky ( not natural formed by Earth )

The answer I just got quite recently after watching National Geographic and talk about our solar system creation. It turn up based on recent understanding that steel cannot be found in the moon while it can be found on the Earth.

In the early formation of solar system, the Earth gets bombarded by a lot of materials coming from the sky ( out of the earth ) and the phase is defined as Chaotic Phase of Solar system formation ( The sun and their planets and moons )

BENG, THAT IS THE EXPLANATION............

It's the element iron I believe rather than steel.

But the point is made.

And it's not just this one.

There are MANY MANY instances of such things.

Particularly there is a hadith about the decree of whether a fetus is to be a male or female around the 40th or 42nd day.

I was conflicted about this for quite awhile with the thoughts that how can this be?

Biological sex is determined at conception with either XX or XY or variations of those such as XXY.

It was during medical school that I learned about TDF.

Read the basic wiki article but the main point I am making is the effects of this are around 6-8 weeks which leads to gross expression of what the fetus will be.

In any case, this is one of MANY.

And of course the Quran isn't a science book.

But read what the Quran actually says and asks us to do.

Anyways, don't wanna make this post too religious leaning etc.

It's the element iron I believe rather than steel.

But the point is made.

And it's not just this one.

There are MANY MANY instances of such things.

Particularly there is a hadith about the decree of whether a fetus is to be a male or female around the 40th or 42nd day.

I was conflicted about this for quite awhile with the thoughts that how can this be?

Biological sex is determined at conception with either XX or XY or variations of those such as XXY.

It was during medical school that I learned about TDF.

Read the basic wiki article but the main point I am making is the effects of this are around 6-8 weeks which leads to gross expression of what the fetus will be.

In any case, this is one of MANY.

And of course the Quran isn't a science book.

But read what the Quran actually says and asks us to do.

Anyways, don't wanna make this post too religious leaning etc.

yep I mean Iron, the raw material to make steels

Well there are many revelation in science found in 20/21 century that was already stated in Quran in 7 Century like universe made from gas, Big bang theory, mountain is moving, layers of atmosphere about 7 layers and so on and so on,

But this particular verse that I see very difficult to understand, but I see the logic behind it after I watching National Geographic episode talking about our solar system formation this year (2022)

Bold part: The Earth was created 6,000/ 8000 years ago and not about 5 billion years ago after a bigger star exploded aftermath of which the Sun and its satellites were created along with all the millions of large stones in the Kuiper Belt??

Also, the scientists have been looking for the oldest human bones in Africa. They have found one skeleton of a lady they named Lucy, a 3.2 million-year old fossil skeleton of a human ancestor, was discovered in 1974 in Hadar, Ethiopia.

The DNA of all the present human races can be traced back to her DNA. It means, Lucy is the mother of all of us.

View attachment 831797

Skeleton of Lady Lucy, mother of all the human being, found in Ethiopia in probably 1974

Dinosaurs stopped existing probably 68 million years ago, and the oldest human skeleton is 3.2 million years old. The fundamentalists should stop propagating falsehood citing some old textbooks written by worthless and lying Christian Mullahs.
If we go back far enough we are all descendants of a single cell from billions of years ago.

Lucy maybe human but not our species of human, which is homosapien. We may have to narrow down the species even further. From religious point of view we define our species with the beginning of morals, the beginning of burials, and such, so right now it may or may not match the way science defines modern humans species.

Religious definition of modern human is the definition of human we relate to.

A university professor was also arrested for making a mildly suggestive joke about Hinduism, didn't see malda dadas starting thread then, now did we ? pffff.

Some select people said they had WiFi during a certain period, now this also begs alot of questions, It would only be right for the OP to explain the logic behind that claim.

First of all everyone before jumping ups and down of what @itsanufy said which is a false narrative as no where it was mentioned anything about sun, moon and earth that contradict islam.

Rather the supposed so called science teacher said Prophet Muhammad wrote the Quran by himself and supported it. Part of Quran is derived from Science.

So students should not follow such religion rather they should follow their free will.

As a teacher he was not supposed to say such thing in a class. Even in west it won’t be allowed to preach any ideology in class.

So it’s a valid claim of blasphemy against the teacher.

As I said earlier it always takes two to make a noise. Students are not unreasonable to bring such claim against him. I am certain he made such remarks in the past so students recorded it this time.

@bluesky this is for you as well!

Munshiganj school teacher under fire for comments on Islam​

Students brought out a procession boycotting classes on March 22 demanding his arrest

Munshiganj school teacher under fire for comments on Islam

Representional photo
Shamima Rita, Narayanganj
March 31, 2022 1:58 PM

Police are investigating an allegation against a school teacher in Narayanganj of defaming the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and the Quran during a class.

The teacher in question, Hridoy Chandra Mandal, was taken into police custody on March 22 in the face of protests by students. He was later sent to jail through court, police said.

Also Read - RAB detains 2 Hindu youths for spreading rumour on social media

The arrestee is a teacher of math and science at Binodpur Rajkumar High School under Panchshar Union.

A case was filed against him on March 23 by the office assistant of the school.

Abu Bakar Siddique, officer-in-charge (OC) at Munshiganj Sadar police station, told Dhaka Tribune on Thursday that they were investigating the matter.

On March 20, Hridoy was conducting a maths class of the tenth grade at the school when he allegedly said that the Prophet (PBUH) was a prudent person and he wrote the holy book himself and promoted it. The teacher said that Islam derived from science.

He also told the students that they should shun the path of such a religion and follow their own will.

Students at the class became enraged and recorded the speech on mobile phones. They went to the headmaster and complained against the teacher. The school authorities allegedly told the students not to take any step on the matter.
The following day, the students submitted a written complaint, seeking action, to the headmaster. At this, the school authorities issued a show cause notice and also tried to settle the matter with the students.
But the students refused a settlement and brought out a procession boycotting classes on March 22.
Police then intervened and detained the teacher from his house.

Student protests for insulting islam and prophet Muhammad by the alleged science teacher. He claimed Quran is man made book by Prophet Muhammad and he is clever enough to promote it well. Islam has been derived from science and men created Islam according to their own way.

All of you should abandon such religion rather should follow your own free will.

First of all everyone before jumping ups and down of what @itsanufy said which is a false narrative as no where it was mentioned anything about sun, moon and earth that contradict islam.

Rather the supposed so called science teacher said Prophet Muhammad wrote the Quran by himself and supported it. Part of Quran is derived from Science.

So students should not follow such religion rather they should follow their free will.

As a teacher he was not supposed to say such thing in a class. Even in west it won’t be allowed to preach any ideology in class.

So it’s a valid claim of blasphemy against the teacher.

As I said earlier it always takes two to make a noise. Students are not unreasonable to bring such claim against him. I am certain he made such remarks in the past so students recorded it this time.

@bluesky this is for you as well!

Munshiganj school teacher under fire for comments on Islam​

Students brought out a procession boycotting classes on March 22 demanding his arrest

Munshiganj school teacher under fire for comments on Islam

Representional photo
Shamima Rita, Narayanganj
March 31, 2022 1:58 PM

Police are investigating an allegation against a school teacher in Narayanganj of defaming the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and the Quran during a class.

The teacher in question, Hridoy Chandra Mandal, was taken into police custody on March 22 in the face of protests by students. He was later sent to jail through court, police said.

Also Read - RAB detains 2 Hindu youths for spreading rumour on social media

The arrestee is a teacher of math and science at Binodpur Rajkumar High School under Panchshar Union.

A case was filed against him on March 23 by the office assistant of the school.

Abu Bakar Siddique, officer-in-charge (OC) at Munshiganj Sadar police station, told Dhaka Tribune on Thursday that they were investigating the matter.

On March 20, Hridoy was conducting a maths class of the tenth grade at the school when he allegedly said that the Prophet (PBUH) was a prudent person and he wrote the holy book himself and promoted it. The teacher said that Islam derived from science.

He also told the students that they should shun the path of such a religion and follow their own will.

Students at the class became enraged and recorded the speech on mobile phones. They went to the headmaster and complained against the teacher. The school authorities allegedly told the students not to take any step on the matter.
The following day, the students submitted a written complaint, seeking action, to the headmaster. At this, the school authorities issued a show cause notice and also tried to settle the matter with the students.
But the students refused a settlement and brought out a procession boycotting classes on March 22.
Police then intervened and detained the teacher from his house.

Thanks for this.

The people who jumped up with happiness listening to one sided false narrative, just exposed what truly lies in their heart.

On one hand they maintain an appearance of being Muslim and against Indian hegemony, and yet they don't blink an eye siding with the false narrative.

Allah has His way of exposing hypocrites.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom