What's new

Question to Indians

Defence spending is not all that bad if kept within a limit of 3 to 4% of the whole GDP. in fact it can do good for the economy.

Defence spending brings in new technologies, new players and new jobs with it. See the way Tata, L&T, Mahendra and Reliance are opening new divisions, acquiring new technologies and partnering with defence companies elsewhere across the globe. Moreover, defence tech has other applications too especially in Agriculture, navigation and space. Used prudently defence spending would give a overall boost to the economy. This is the reason why US has always had high defence spending since the world wars.

And let us not forget the international influence it brings.

US defence spending is all spent in US itself, and all the world buy weapon from US, US army is only making advertisement;
but India's 70% weapon buy from others, only let Russia go on carrier tech and aviation tech, and be the first abroad buyer of France Rafale.

US defence spending is all spent in US itself, and all the world buy weapon from US, US army is only making advertisement;
but India's 70% weapon buy from others, only let Russia go on carrier tech and aviation tech, and be the first abroad buyer of France Rafale.

these are interrelated things It's not only Army it's international politics too. And i think china also import huge part of defense needs. We have neighbor of unstable Islami country and these people have hate-trade for every non-muslim on earth.

Dude , your english is pathetic

indians spend so much on defence coz they feel threatened by much smaller country called pakistan.Other reason is to keep indians happy with display of all those weapon platforms during 26 jan republic day parade.

Whole world having fear about Pakistan and Afghanistan even their own citizens felt insecure for their life , you also migrated to India coz of this reason ryt. Yeah we felt happy on seeing those weapons in the parade , do you have a problem?. Your country needs your advice than us.

You forget that by the time British gained foot hold on Indian subcontinent Mugal empire is on it knees and Hindu Maratha empire and sikh empire was dominating India.

Last time these central asian invaders conquered India they were successful because of Bow and arrow. These guys mastered hit and run tactics and Parthian shot .
Traditional armies are no match for these tactics. Central asian mastery of these tactics helped them conquer not only India but also middle east and Arabia.

Same thing happened when Europe got mastery of Gun powder and Cannons. They colonized most of the world.

In order to survive a nation needs a strong defense force along with most hitech weapons.

not only that brother Mugals wanted to capture northeast part of india but they were of no match infront of guerilla armies of Ahom kingdom led by commander Lachit borphukan....Mugals faced a humiliating defeat in the Battle of Saraighat...The Battle of Saraighat was fought in 1671 between the Mughal empire (led by the Kachwaha king, Raja Ramsingh I ), and the Ahom Kingdom (led by Lachit Borphukan ) on the Brahmaputra river at Saraighat , now in Guwahati . Although much weaker, the Ahom Army defeated the Mughal Army by brilliant uses of the terrain , clever diplomatic negotiations to buy time, guerrilla tactics , psychological warfare , military intelligence and by exploiting the sole weakness of the Mughal forces¡ªits navy.

India spends 2.1% of GDP on defence which is necessary as we live in a dangerous neighbourhood.

Let us be in indians' shoes, why not go for Rafale? We develop weapons by own own cause we are sanctioned by western world after they failed to overthrow our government in1989. Anyway, condolence to those innocent killed students in Tian An meng square, most of them utilized for dirty purpose and i stiil believe most among them are patriotic brothers and sisters. Although their appeal for corruption control and political reform is valid in some way. We can't have a better future if WE DON'T HAVE AN POWERful and integral government. CCP runs china in a non perfect way, but it still works. To be Chinese, you are ready to be the enemy of the world. Westerners don't like us, Japan hate us, vietnam want to kill us, India don't trust us, Russia don't like us, USA want to tear us apart in every seconds. If china can't be strong and powerful, who can secure the safety life of 1.3 billions chinese. For India member, if china is eradicated from earth forever. Guess who is the next gonna be blow away by NATO it's Russia, then who is the next?

I would like to ask Indians some questions.

Most important is why is there such huge spending on defence, I think you are going over the top, like 2-3 AC, so many different jets and massive spending when you have enough deterrence and not an upcoming war..... Instead of buying so so much if you spend some of that on the poor it can help like build like a massive housing project for poor, like hundreds of modern flats will cost you like 1/10 of even one AC.

Second is why is their buying so unorganised, you have so many different jets it looks very unorganised like soon rafale, Russian SU jets, Russian migs, Indian new jet coming up, New PAKFA, harrier, jaguar etcccc already counted so many instead why don't you have like 3 that can do many roles.

Also I read that you will get 100 ships by 2017 is that serious? By ships do you mean everything even coast guards and little things or just big, if it's true I think that just mad spending to show off, we have a word ayagn yorganina göre uzat which mean do appropriate spending.

Thanks

The answers is that India is in a very rapidly changing area with two nuclear rivals on its borders both of whom have a not so easy relationship. With the rapid and opaque modernization blitzkerg by chineese, india does not have any option but to close her weak areas.However , due to vintage russian eqpt with India there is an urgent need to upgrade. Even with the military calculus around, indian defence planners have only got 2.5 % GDP For this task.....so its a huge short fall of what India needs.... 26 /11 was a stark reminder on the need of investing in security. balance about spending on welfare scheemes is any ones guess. the problem is not the money alloted but the quality of work happeninng related to governance....hope yu got the point...

these are interrelated things It's not only Army it's international politics too. And i think china also import huge part of defense needs. We have neighbor of unstable Islami country and these people have hate-trade for every non-muslim on earth.

I think if India put more on electricity supply, India will increase 1% ;

and China buy from Russia only emergency response, for China got Su-27 and S-300 in 1990s , then developed J-10 after watching Gulf War, bcs China had nothing one plane as F-15,F-16, the same as driver and Kilo-class submarines, but the main purpose is emergency response and developed our own 052 driver and 041 submarines; So is the engine, our own engine has some problem at cost and lifespan, but main energy on ws-10 and ws-15.

and India wastes a lot during defence spending, especially on weapon pruchase, and India has a habit to buy "the most advanced" and "the most expensive" weapon

Dude , your english is pathetic

yea, I said before in my introduction thread, but I am sure that my English is better than your Chinese

India does not 'buy' any more, but seeks partnerships and ToT. With Indian private companies coming into picture, the learning of defence tech from the world leaders should gradually pave for world class indigenous defence industry

I think if India put more on electricity supply, India will increase 1% ;

and China buy from Russia only emergency response, for China got Su-27 and S-300 in 1990s , then developed J-10 after watching Gulf War, bcs China had nothing one plane as F-15,F-16, the same as driver and Kilo-class submarines, but the main purpose is emergency response and developed our own 052 driver and 041 submarines; So is the engine, our own engine has some problem at cost and lifespan, but main energy on ws-10 and ws-15.

and India wastes a lot during defence spending, especially on weapon pruchase, and India has a habit to buy "the most advanced" and "the most expensive" weapon

electricity ? You know We don't need to spend more on electricity, We have lot Mismanagement stuff , And "DEMOCRACY" Problems which you don't have , there are large number projects which are creeping like snail Due To "SOCIAL ACTIVISTS" and Protest related to electricity production.

So this problem is not about spending more It's about Using spent money.

I am not Agree with u. We don't Buy "The most Advanced and Most Expensive" . We refused Recent offer of USA for their Famous "F-series" advanced and expensive Fighters and went to France.:cool:

I am not Agree with u. We don't Buy "The most Advanced and Most Expensive" . We refused Recent offer of USA for their Famous "F-series" advanced and expensive Fighters and went to France.

Not that advanced. Their F18s didnt even restart their engines in leh ladakh himalayan areas :lol:

Back
Top Bottom