What's new

Question to Indians

Ok this is the situation when India is spending 1.9% od GDP on defence which is far too much lower considering indian territory and border problems.

But what will these guies do when NEXT year Indian defence budget jump to 2.4% ????
Sing the poor and hungry song agin and again ???

I would like to ask Indians some questions.

Most important is why is there such huge spending on defence, I think you are going over the top, like 2-3 AC, so many different jets and massive spending when you have enough deterrence and not an upcoming war..... Instead of buying so so much if you spend some of that on the poor it can help like build like a massive housing project for poor, like hundreds of modern flats will cost you like 1/10 of even one AC.

Second is why is their buying so unorganised, you have so many different jets it looks very unorganised like soon rafale, Russian SU jets, Russian migs, Indian new jet coming up, New PAKFA, harrier, jaguar etcccc already counted so many instead why don't you have like 3 that can do many roles.

Also I read that you will get 100 ships by 2017 is that serious? By ships do you mean everything even coast guards and little things or just big, if it's true I think that just mad spending to show off, we have a word ayagn yorganina göre uzat which mean do appropriate spending.

Thanks

As a percentage of our GDP, our spending is not much compared to other countries. We have a neighbour called Pakistan whose popularly elected Prime Minister once said that they will fight for 1000 years for Kashmir (Indian territorry) or something. Mind you they have already started 4 wars for the above mentioned reason. So you can clearly understand that we need to be well prepared when they decide to attack us next time.

@-spark
Man you almost told him our whole budget of fiscal year 2012-13.

About your Question -india is like every other poster said a country srrounded by 2 arch rivals(3 on PDF) a country can't develop steadley without a good ensured defence capabilities so we have to had one,
and about unorganised defence purchase-their is no problem in having different tech of the world if all of them are best in the world and serves us right. And you also should not depend on one country for defence purchases.

But what will these guies do when NEXT year Indian defence budget jump to 2.4% ????Sing the poor and hungry song agin and again ???

I think right now the spending is 2.5% not 1.9% ??

BTW that poor and hungry song is one song a lot of people in the west love :lol:

They love to tell us what we should be doing :lol:

I think right now the spending is 2.5% not 1.9% ??

BTW that poor and hungry song is one song a lot of people in the west love :lol:

They love to tell us what we should be doing :lol:

No it's not. MOD asked for budget supplement but due to dealy in Rafale and Apache they don't need this year. This FY will have remaing funds from 1.9% and next years 2.4 % ( proposed it may go up too but not above 3%)

Actually, India isn't spending that much on defence. Especially when you consider the potential for hostilities in this region of the world.

I really didn't expect this from you CD :D
Nice post :tup:

I really didn't expect this from you CD :D
Nice post :tup:

If Indians aren't flaming China, then there is no reason for me to flame India. :P

Anyway it is true, China and India are only spending around 1-2% of GDP on defence even though we each have several territorial disputes.

Whereas the US has no territorial disputes at all, yet they spend more on defence than the top 10 countries combined.

First thing is one who thinking itself as hubby is already a wife of Uncle Sam, Chinese old man & saudi mullahs.
Second thing bankrupt term here applies in both ways - mentally as well as intellectually !

:lol: The actual term u r looking for is a passed around, used, old .. :whistle:

Ahh We are spending not only on defence but on other sectors too.

Some of the major allocations made for different sectors of economy are as follows:

Agriculture and Allied Activities

• Budgetary allocation for agriculture and allied activities 2012-13 increased by 18%
• 9217 crore rupees allocated for Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana.
• 1000 crore rupees for Bringing Green Revolution to Eastern India (BGREI) project
• 300 crore rupees to Vidarbha Intensified Irrigation Development Programme under RKVY.
• 200 crore rupees allocated for incentivising research with rewards
• 14242 crore rupees allocated for Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme (AIBP)
• 500 crore rupees provided to broaden scope of production of fish to coastal aquaculture

Rural Development

• 14,000 crore rupees allocated for rural drinking water and sanitation
• 24000 crore rupees allocated for Pradhan Mantri Grameen Sadak Yojna
• 12040 crore rupees provided for Backward Regions Grant Fund scheme
• 20,000 crore rupees allocated for Rural Infrastructure Development Fund
• 5000 crore rupees earmarked for creating warehousing facilities

Education

• Sarva Siksha Abhiyan-Right to Education- 25555 crore rupees
• 3124 crore rupees provided for Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA)
Health
• 20822 crore rupees National Rural Health Mission

Employment and skill development

• 3915 crore rupees provided for National Rural Livelihood Mission
• 1276 crore rupees allocated for Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme
• 1000 crore rupees allocated for National Skill Development Fund

Defence and Security

• 193407 crore rupees aallocated for Defence services including 79579crore rupees for capital expenditure
• 1185 crore rupees to be allocated for construction of nearly 4000 residential quarters for Central Armed Police Forces
• 3280 crore rupees proposed to be allocated for construction of office building of CentralArmed Police Forces

Infrastructure and Industrial Development

• 25360 crore rupees allocated for Road Transport and Highways Ministry
• 3884 crore rupees loan waiver for handloom weavers and their cooperative societies
• 500 crore rupees pilot scheme announced for promotion and application of Geo-textile in the North Eastern Region
• 70 crore rupees allocated to set up a powerloom mega cluster in Ichalkaranji in Maharashtra
• 5000 crore rupees India Opportunities Venture Fund to be set up with SIDBI
• 15888 crore rupees to be provided for capitalisation of public sector banks and financial institutions

Other major allocations

• 37113 crore rupees allocated for Scheduled Castes Sub Plan
• 21710 crore rupees earmarked for Tribal Sub Plan

Nice Post & well summarized Info ! Thanks for sharing !

Hi-

who said that the hubby cant have extra marital affairs?- :bunny:-

Yes hubby can sure have not his wife otherwise she will be called ******.

By the way, already appreciated these mental & intellectual bankrupt talks. Move on !

If Indians aren't flaming China, then there is no reason for me to flame India. :P

Anyway it is true, China and India are only spending around 1-2% of GDP on defence even though we each have several territorial disputes.

Whereas the US has no territorial disputes at all, yet they spend more on defence than the top 10 countries combined.

Really ??? China is spending only 2% ???
I though it should be around 3.
Even though Chinese GDP is huge and 2 % will make a good amount till considering the developments in SCS and your navy's proposed expansion and new fighter programmes and production of current flankers got to cost more

Your account hacked or what?:azn:

He is giving you lectures on sanity and mutual respect- and how to go on about a discussion-
Learn to behave- learn from him- :tup:-

Yes hubby can sure have not his wife otherwise she will be called ******.

Hi- intelectual- you sure think you the only peace with such bad upbringing- :argh:-
and it is also called **** **** *******- (fill in the blanks)

He is giving you lectures on sanity and mutual respect- and how to go on about a discussion-
Learn to behave- learn from him- :tup:-

Hi- intelectual- you sure think you the only peace with such bad upbringing- :argh:-
and it is also called **** **** *******- (fill in the blanks)

Go easy on him mate. He is just joking :P

Back
Top Bottom