What's new

Question for indians here, regarding Ramayana and Mahabharata

forget the religious sensitivity look at the destruction of marine life..
fishing is already an issue between the two countries, wont this make it further troubling?

Gulf of Munnar is one of the few bioreserves in the world. Dredging will destroy ecosystem, I agree.

How is there a Kamboja inside india ?

Kambhoja was northernmost Mahajanpada mentioned in Jatak stories and Vedas. It literally means country of horse riders.

forget the religious sensitivity look at the destruction of marine life..
fishing is already an issue between the two countries, wont this make it further troubling?

Apart from militant aethism, desire to harm economic interest of Sri Lanka played an important part in DMK's decision. That alignment would have provided an alternate route to Kolkata, Myanmar,Cambodia, and Thailand bound traffic thus hitting Sri-Lankan bound traffic.

Last edited:
Kambhoja was northernmost Mahajanpada mentioned in Jatak stories and Vedas. It literally means country of horse riders.

Apart from militant aethism, desire to harm economic interest of Sri Lanka played an important part in DMK's decision. That alignment would have provided an alternate route to Kolkata, Myanmar,Cambodia, and Thailand bound traffic thus hitting Sri-Lankan bound traffic.
but even if they build after destroying ram sethu it cannot cater to all the transport..soo not a very viable option even economically

I am keen on learning about these two epic poems. I know many indians here are knowledgeable on these epics. So please answer these questions. This is asked in good faith just to improve my knowledge
1. Do educated Hindus in India even religious ones regard these epics as just mythology or fiction?
2. Do the events in these epics relate to any historical incident if so how?
3. And please recommend a good English translation of them, so that I can read..

@SarthakGanguly @Contrarian, @Indischer @nair

Many historians believe that epics like these are based, at least partly, on real people that lived and real events that happened.

More than anything, these Indian epics should be read for their philosophy and morals. They also provide an excellent and among the earliest detailed records of the culture and geography of ancient Indian subcontinent and nearby regions.

Back
Top Bottom