What's new

Question for American Muslims

Dont like the work environment. In India promotions/bonuses/salary hikes dont come as often. For my qualification experience and associated skills i can get a much more "bloated" salary package abroad than at home.

It shouldn't matter much since i dont have any intention of renouncing my citizenship. Inherited property in India :)

At most you will probably be heckled by children. Although some people might bother you they will be in the minority. (usually the unemployed hate their own life type)

There is discrimination everywhere for everyone. My lots of Muslim friends are in US, London, Germany etc etc. Except few silly incidents things are normal everywhere. Life goes on.

What really gets me worried are stories of discriminatory checking by US customs officials. I guess I'm just being excessively paranoid :lol:

What really gets me worried are stories of discriminatory checking by US customs officials. I guess I'm just being excessively paranoid :lol:

Oh yea. That will happen. But as long as you have nothing to hide you will be fine.

You probably watched that movie with Saif ALi and Katrina Kapoor, and are getting your facts from there.

It's better than India, I can guarantee you that.

If you live in the North East/NY area you will be absolutely fine.

It seems you just can't answer a post without trolling.

At most you will probably be heckled by children. Although some people might bother you they will be in the minority. (usually the unemployed hate their own life type)

So most of these "racists" are just frustrated un-employed people ?

Happened to me a couple times when people found out I was Muslim.

Dude I keep long hair and totally have a Muslim look, but never has anyone said anything to me.

Only once in a class in my university.

This jew was saying how Muslims are backwards and in the stone age ect.

And I turned around and said to him, where were you guys before we taught you how clean your *** properly?

He just went quiet, and my professor was shocked and laughed a little bit.

Dont like the work environment. In India promotions/bonuses/salary hikes dont come as often. For my qualification experience and associated skills i can get a much more "bloated" salary package abroad than at home.

It shouldn't matter much since i dont have any intention of renouncing my citizenship. Inherited property in India :)

You are trying for IAS/IPS and they earn much less than what an engineer earns in private sector...but you really can't compare the two.

I saw some very disturbing news about discrimination of Muslims in the US. Would it be a bad idea if i go over to the US for employment ? By profession--I am a chemical engineer.

That's was like my backup plan if i dont make it into the IAS/IPS cadre by 2014.

Yes, it is horrible in USA. There is no reason to come here at all. Please stay away from this hellhole. :D

So most of these "racists" are just frustrated un-employed people ?

Nothing will happen to you. You will be shocked as to how efficient and in control the police are here in the United States. One call and they will be there within minutes.

That's why most people don't even think to behave out of line. Even saying something to someone is considered harassment and they will be over there to warn the person with just one call.

Most people in the North East mind their own business and are pretty private people. Plenty of older Muslim gentlemen sporting beards and caps don't have any trouble so you will be fine.

There are always a few Pure white red necks that hate every foreigner, but our numbers just keep rising. They know they can't do anything about it.

You will be fine.

Dude I keep long hair and totally have a Muslim look, but never has anyone said anything to me.

Only once in a class in my university.

This jew was saying how Muslims are backwards and in the stone age ect.

And I turned around and said to him, where you guys before we taught you how clean your *** properly?

He just went quiet, and my professor was shocked and laughed a little bit.

I don't look Muslim or Pakistani so when people ask me and I tell them they usually look shocked and then make some witty remark. Doesn't happen all the time but it does happen sometimes.

It's fine, never experienced any racism here. Americans are a lot more friendlier and nicer than Europeans or Australians in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom