What's new

Question for American Muslims

Fazlu

Reaction score
I saw some very disturbing news about discrimination of Muslims in the US. Would it be a bad idea if i go over to the US for employment ? By profession--I am a chemical engineer.

That's was like my backup plan if i dont make it into the IAS/IPS cadre by 2014.

I had quite a few indian muslim friends in US. As far as i know they had never faced any overt discrimination there. Just take it easy you'll be fine.

I saw some very disturbing news about discrimination of Muslims in the US. Would it be a bad idea if i go over to the US for employment ? By profession--I am a chemical engineer.

That's was like my backup plan if i dont make it into the IAS/IPS cadre by 2014.

Array bhai, don't worry about it. Such incidents are exaggerated most of the time. I have 2 brothers and a sister living and working in the US and they never had any complaints or problems.

Just follow the rules of the land and don't go out of your way to antagonize people.

Why not stay in India?

There is discrimination everywhere for everyone. My lots of Muslim friends are in US, London, Germany etc etc. Except few silly incidents things are normal everywhere. Life goes on.

It's better than India, I can guarantee you that.

If you live in the North East/NY area you will be absolutely fine.

that cant be true there are millions of south asians living there

These people think Sikhs are Muslims. It is more ignorance than hatred they just lump all Muslims and brown people alike into the terrorist category.

Why not stay in India?

Dont like the work environment. In India promotions/bonuses/salary hikes dont come as often. For my qualification experience and associated skills i can get a much more "bloated" salary package abroad than at home.

It shouldn't matter much since i dont have any intention of renouncing my citizenship. Inherited property in India :)

It's better than India, I can guarantee you that.

If you live in the North East/NY area you will be absolutely fine.

Agreed it is not as bad as around 2001-2005 but there are still times people will label a Muslim a terrorist.

Back
Top Bottom