What's new

Question: By law can an army officer ask civilian's CNIC in civilian area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedHulk

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I am asking a very serious question "By law can an army officer ask a civilian for his/her CNIC for identity verification in civilian area where the officer have no legal mendate from federal govt ? Lets just say a civilian is traveling on motorway and an army vehicle overtake it and tell it to stop and search his/her vehicle and ask for CNIC from civilian. Is the civilian have right to refuse to provide the CNIC and refuse to let them search the vehicle? If army officer have the right to ask can someone please provide me a legal refference in this regard. I am asking this cause there is a huge confusion in people's mind that army have right to stop and search civilian anywhere where there is not a legal mandate authorized by federal govt. As far i know this mandate is belong to police only as per the constituion.

An army officer is abusing me for saying this. He is saying the constituion doesn't apply to army. He is saying army can search any one, can enter any house. Should i report him to FIA cyberwing? All i said army can't ask a civilian's cnic in civilian domain.

An army officer is abusing me for saying this. He is saying the constituion doesn't apply to army. He is saying army can search any one, can enter any house. Should i report him to FIA cyberwing? All i said army can't ask a civilian's cnic in civilian domain.

You should report him.

Report him. Army is above law but only generals in this banana republic. These two bit foot soldiers will be taken care off if you report to maintain facade.

I am asking a very serious question "By law can an army officer ask a civilian for his/her CNIC for identity verification in civilian area where the officer have no legal mendate from federal govt ? Lets just say a civilian is traveling on motorway and an army vehicle overtake it and tell it to stop and search his/her vehicle and ask for CNIC from civilian. Is the civilian have right to refuse to provide the CNIC and refuse to let them search the vehicle? If army officer have the right to ask can someone please provide me a legal refference in this regard. I am asking this cause there is a huge confusion in people's mind that army have right to stop and search civilian anywhere where there is not a legal mandate authorized by federal govt. As far i know this mandate is belong to police only as per the constituion.
I think No

Depends. If he is deputed in that AOR for any security duty then he can. Like the Motorway scenario you stated, if he is incharge of the security for some troop mov or a ViP mov he will be deputed there by an official letter which is sent to civilian authorities too and he can check Cnic there.

Yes, if they deployed in civilian area authorized by Govt.

Report him. Army is above law but only generals in this banana republic. These two bit foot soldiers will be taken care off if you report to maintain facade.

Sir you are right, exactly the same is happening in Pakistan - a political elite convicted is now a days enjoying pizza in London though he got permission from 'justice system' that he is so sick and could die any time soon due to 'platelets' deficiency; but a common retard slave could not enjoy such privilege if he convicted.

i think if there is military operation going on or they are at security job of that area like special days mohrram /elections/curfew they can ask it . otherwise no they can not .

You are not clear.. tell us the whole story if you want a reply. Where exactly did this happen. What were you attempting to do.. was it
military , paramilitary or Rangers? They are all not the same.. many people are unable to differentiate call all of them "army"..

But even if they are operating on the area with government authority they should still have to display some form of proof before exercising the permitted authority. A bit like a warrant that police have to show before entering into your home, no?

can you share the name & rank of the Army officer along with which unit he belongs to? pics or videos of this officer harassing you perhaps since everyone has smart phones & access to social media these days. otherwise I'm calling this a bullshit thread created to spread hatred & animosity against our military personnel...
You are not clear.. tell us the whole story if you want a reply. Where exactly did this happen. What were you attempting to do.. was it
military , paramilitary or Rangers? They are all not the same.. many people are unable to differentiate call all of them "army"..
also, a large number of fakers have been arrested over the last 2 years who were masquerading as army officers sporting army uniforms, some even claimed to be ISI officers...

Rangers acting under special powers can require identification.

Army deployed on check posts or security details during emergency situations can ask for ID.

However, the Army in peacetime doesn't have LE powers unless granted by the Govt.

You can write a letter to the relevant Corps HQ, if you have any form of evidence.

Lets just say a civilian is traveling on motorway and an army vehicle overtake it and tell it to stop and search his/her vehicle and ask for CNIC from civilian. Is the civilian have right to refuse to provide the CNIC and refuse to let them search the vehicle?
First of all, this incident took place on a motorway. Apparently an army vehicle stopped you for identification and search purposes.

But, what led to this scenario?

Question 1: Did you try to break a convoy by overtaking it?
Question 2: Or it was a VVIP movement and you acted indifferently to the gestures or warnings issued by the protocol staff?

If your actions were somewhat aggressive and caused suspicions, the personnel would definitely be alarmed and take action for his/her/their security.

I would say, proving identity in such cases is not a big deal. Be thankful there was no trigger-happy personnel otherwise desperate times call for desperate measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom