What's new

question about india.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be very honest, I feel India is improving gradually.......from followung estimated paper poverty in India decreased from 60% in 1981 to 42% in 2005,
Where the money value and economy also increased till 2005....after 24 years poverty reduced to 18%....Which is 0.7% per year

Now in 2010 (after 5 years), If we take the same ratio (even if we ignore the Indian economy growth rate which really also improved alot).....0.7*5 years=3.5%
42-3.5=38.5% lives under the PPP in 2010 (Simple Judgging).........

Looks more then 60% hav a stable life........dont forget they r handling 1 billion.
I guess its coz of their good leaders who think abt the people.....They dont hav blood suckers Mr10% or Mushi like we .. :'(
India's defence capability is also improving

India Estimates: Similarly, estimates for India also indicate a continuing decline in poverty. The revised estimates suggest that the percentage of people living below $1.25 a day in 2005 (which, based on India’s PPP rate, works out to Rs 21.6 a day in urban areas and Rs 14.3 in rural areas in 2005 ) decreased from 60% in 1981 to 42% in 2005. Even at a dollar a day ( Rs 17.2 in urban areas and Rs 11.4 in rural areas in 2005 ) poverty declined from 42% to 24% over the same period.

Both the dollar a day and $1.25 measures indicate that India has made steady progress against poverty since the 1980s, with the poverty rate declining at a little under one percentage point per year. This means that the number of very poor people who lived below a dollar a day in 2005 has come down from 296 million in 1981 to 267 million in 2005.

However, the number of poor people living under $1.25 a day has increased from 421 million in 1981 to 456 million in 2005. This indicates that there are a large number of people living just above this line of deprivation (a dollar a day) and their numbers are not falling.

To achieve a higher rate of poverty reduction, India will need to address the inequalities in opportunities that impede poor people from participating in the growth process.

Reference:-Source

To be very honest, I feel India is improving gradually.......from followung estimated paper poverty in India decreased from 60% in 1981 to 42% in 2005,
Where the money value and economy also increased till 2005....after 24 years poverty reduced to 18%....Which is 0.7% per year

Now in 2010 (after 5 years), If we take the same ratio (even if we ignore the Indian economy growth rate which really also improved alot).....0.7*5 years=3.5%
42-3.5=38.5% lives under the PPP in 2010 (Simple Judgging).........

Looks more then 60% hav a stable life........dont forget they r handling 1 billion.

So is china. we arent doing half as good job as them. but then it is a trade off for democracy and freedom of speech. so i guess its ok :undecided:

I guess its coz of their good leaders who think abt the people.....They dont hav blood suckers Mr10% or Mushi like we .. :'(

what world are u living in? corruption is one of india's major problems.
do u know why commonwealth games will be a failure?
thats right

Ok so i know you guys have a huge military and good equipment but how to the people in india live? when i look at pictures of it, it looks like most of them are poor is it true? i just wanted to know.;)

I do not understand why some people link military expenditure to poverty. I have explained this so many times and people ignore it maybe because they want to troll.

1) Military in India is there to protect the country as in most countries cases. Military needs are driven by threat perception. China is spending heavily on Military and being its neighbor and having had a war with them forces us spend on our defenses accordingly. So if there is a threat Military will be allocated budget.

2) Military only spends 2.5% of GDP. Only naive people can think that diverting 2.5% to poor will remove poverty, if that was the case we would done it 50 years back. We actually spend way more than this on poor. Additionally if you look around countries who are having heavy debts does not lower their guard and spend on Military, this tell you that Military expense are given equal importance everywhere.

4) Currently Military is undergoing modernization, for this reason their budget is high. Unlike if it is just regular expenses. Before 2010 for 30 years we spend almost nothing, so the spending is accumulation of 30 years and then use your brain to see if it is much. This is one point no one thinks, maybe they are not interested.

So is china. we arent doing half as good job as them. but then it is a trade off for democracy and freedom of speech. so i guess its ok :undecided:

what world are u living in? corruption is one of india's major problems.
do u know why commonwealth games will be a failure?
thats right

Corruption is small thing wt our leaders r doing
1) Destroying system for their intrusts n needs
2) Destroying constitution for their intrusts n needs
3) Economy is being spoiled for their needs
4) Law is destroyed to shelter their sins.
5) Their poltical parties n members r thier priority ....they dont hav nation concerns.
6) Corruption is huge....I doubt that in recent scandle of courruption in cricket....most of the crickters, PCB (Family of Governing body under the president) n president is also involved.
(This is my guess)

These r the few of wt I know\guess...........but their r number of allegations of wt I m sure.

Only we have to wait when people would start thinking as a one nation n throw these polticians n poltical parties away (PPP, PML's (All), ANP, MQM etc)

Go To This Thread :

http://www.defence.pk/forums/genera...3-india-developing-but-still-long-way-go.html

YOU FIND ALL UR ANSWERS....

_44798630_sea_link4_466.jpg

delhidwarkastickyrice1suo9.jpg

Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor

The project was valued at whopping 90 Billion $

The Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project is a State-Sponsored Industrial Development Project of the Government of India. It is an ambitious project aimed at developing an Industrial Zone spanning across six states in India. The project will see major expansion of Infrastructure and Industry – including industrial clusters and rail, road, port, air connectivity – in the states along the route of the Corridor.

Conceived as a Global Manufacturing and Trading Hub, the project is expected to double employment potential, triple industrial output and quadruple exports from the region in 5 years. The total employment to be generated from the project is 3 million the bulk of which will be in the manufacturing/processing sectors.

The ambitious project will be funded through private-public partnership and foreign investment. Japan will me a major investor for this project. The corridor will span 1483 km.

Japan was roped in as partner for this project during Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s visit in December 2006. The project will cover the seven states of Delhi, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra.

It will include a 4000 MW Power Plant, three sea Ports and six Airports in addition to connectivity with the existing ports. The industrial corridor project will be implemented by the Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation, an autonomous body comprising of Government and Private Sector.

It will be implemented through special purpose vehicles [SPVs]. The project is expected to deliver a 2-3-4-5 benefit, to double employment (2), triple industrial output (3) and quadruple exports (4) from the region in five years (5).

The Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation has identified four 'early bird' rail infrastructure projects, including a high-speed rail link between Delhi and Jaipur, at an investment of over Rs 20,000 crore.

Originally Posted by yusa40
Ok so i know you guys have a huge military and good equipment but how to the people in india live? when i look at pictures of it, it looks like most of them are poor is it true? i just wanted to know.

troll2.PNG

Ok so i know you guys have a huge military and good equipment but how to the people in india live? when i look at pictures of it, it looks like most of them are poor is it true? i just wanted to know.;)

yes we are really poor...please send some money...i'll pm you my account detail...
thanks in advance...

It depends on where you Live.. Some state are extremely urbanised and some states have large rural population.

Your Communist Party is ensuring you are getting growth every year and our Communist Party ( Marx, Lenin, Mao ect ect ) are ensuring that no development takes place and people are in the same state.

the states where these Communist are less are growing faster than those which have them ... and the people condition of living vary by that..
The states in the bottom Bihar, MP, Jharkhand, Orissa etc never had communist Governtment. Kerala have and it topped in most HDI related lists.

This video is My answer to you

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sab
yes we are really poor...please send some money...i'll pm you my account detail...
thanks in advance...

Some Indians seem to have thin skin. They do not like criticism from any other nationality. They want praise from every corner when not all the corners of India are bright and not all its population are well-fed.

The legacy of caste is still prevalent in India..the ruling and business elite are blind and deaf to millions of destitute poor and hundreds thousands more which keep pouring all over the world for "economic terrorism" Indian nationals are the biggest nuisance of 21st century for illegaly immigration and job roaching. However to keep the world attention busy India Inc is marketed as a fountain head of peace and tranquality surrounded by evil neighbours jealous of its secuality and multicultralsim and hell bent on destroying it by terrorism. Indians offcourse over rule any possibility of home grown retaliations.

Secondary, regarding the millitary ambitions India forsee itself as a sole domiant of south asia, a legacy of soviet propoganda and mentality. Feeding people is less important than brining more land and subject under your direct rule.

The legacy of caste is still prevalent in India.

I 100% Agree with You:tup:

.the ruling and business elite are blind and deaf to millions of destitute poor and hundreds thousands more which keep pouring all over the world for "economic terrorism"

There You are Wrong, Greenathon, Aviva, Agaram, asman Chooney do are some of the Good Deeds done by the Elite Business class Of India....

Indian nationals are the biggest nuisance of 21st century for illegaly immigration and job roaching.

Indian Nationals are Indeed a Big Nuisance of 21's century but Not Because of Illegally Immigrating or Job Roaching, But Hard Working Enough to attract International Companies to Invest In India rather Investing in there Own land, hence we are benefited with more jobs

However to keep the world attention busy India Inc is marketed as a fountain head of peace and tranquality surrounded by evil neighbours jealous of its secuality and multicultralsim and hell bent on destroying it by terrorism. Indians offcourse over rule any possibility of home grown retaliations.

That Is the Truth, India is Still Considered a Peaceful and Peace Loving Country Striving to Grow as a Potential entity ,sandwiched between a Troubled area...

Secondary, regarding the millitary ambitions India forsee itself as a sole domiant of south asia, a legacy of soviet propoganda and mentality. Feeding people is less important than brining more land and subject under your direct rule.

Not all the same Legacies get the same History, History might repeat but in a Positive way for us, if At all Your statements are true which Iam afraid Not, India has Been Investing In Arms to Protect itself from an Immediate threat overshadowed upon us from Our Immediate Neighbors.... The History has Taught us "A Strong economy and a strong Military is the strength of any Nation" and India is In the same Lines.... Besides We havent even changed the percentage of GDP to Be Used In Defense, how is it Our liability any way if Our Economy grows at a faster rate???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom