What's new

Queen smashes whisky, gives her name to Britain's biggest warship

2nd largest warship after USS Nimitz
True!

Inshallah..We look forward to the day our Carrier size surpasses theirs. Probably 15 years from now -2030.
And the Chinese will definitely do it before us!

With the decrease of U.S. Navy other countries will fill the vacuum . British chances are great - bases in all oceans, unique experience of colonial empire, economic development and so on.
I think it is a bad thing.
USN was a guarantor and protector of sea lanes. With them reducing their budget, it would fall on individual navies and countries who will have to spend more now.

Last edited:
True!
I think it is a bad thing.
USN was a guarantor and protector of sea lanes. With them reducing their budget, it would fall on individual navies and countries who will have to spend more now.
Americans not only protecting, they are also the main recipients of profits from maritime transport. If your country will protect sea lanes - it will make a profit. Sea will not become more dangerous.

Americans not only protecting, they are also the main recipients of profits from maritime transport. If your country will protect sea lanes - it will make a profit. Sea will not become more dangerous.
How?
Profits come from commercial traffic. Indian companies that engage in this business make a profit.

The Governments dont gain money by protecting the sea lanes.

How?
Profits come from commercial traffic. Indian companies that engage in this business make a profit.

The Governments dont gain money by protecting the sea lanes.
Reducing the power of the American fleet - this is only the outward sign of decadence. Business will move to other countries. Total GDP of the world will not fall, it will grow (if there will be on 3WW). So the sea lanes will non become empty (may be change to another destinations) - and they will need protection.

Reducing the power of the American fleet - this is only the outward sign of decadence. Business will move to other countries. Total GDP of the world will not fall, it will grow (if there will be on 3WW). So the sea lanes will non become empty (may be change to another destinations) - and they will need protection.
My question stands - how will it profit India if India is picking up the tab now of keeping sea lanes in IOR free?

My question stands - how will it profit India if India is picking up the tab now of keeping sea lanes in IOR free?

Is it really? Those pirates off Somalia.....

Actually they are a good example of profit from keeping sea lanes open.

No.
However as and when the USN starts reducing its naval forces and moving out, the tab will have to be taken up by regional countries. Its inevitable.

Unless something very drastic happens, USN will never leave.
There's simply just too much benefits and leverage which they can use at anytime when any sort of tensions or confrontations start.

Just take the oil route for example....

Part-DV-DV1805799-1-1-0.jpg

If India enter into a great game and will be able to grab a piece of cake left by America - it means India will have a sense to protect some sea lanes. Because India's share in the profits from maritime trade increase.
Money will not disappear, they just has new owners.

If India enter into a great game and will be able to grab a piece of cake left by America - it means India will have a sense to protect some sea lanes. Because India's share in the profits from maritime trade increase.
Money will not disappear, they just has new owners.

Uh yeah whatever the that means. How exactly does that work? You replace the U.S. that makes sure the sea lanes are free and is watched by India, trade actually increases because of that?

Dude, US does not do it for free.

Anyway, the Chinese will step into the shoes of any reduction of US Naval power.

Making such a monster without CATOBAR was very strange idea.

Back
Top Bottom