What's new

Queen Elizabeth the second has passed rest in peace.

It's a completely different situation. There was way more resistance and resentment of the Sultan here,we were conquered completely,rather than having many local rulers side with the conqueror,we were freed through war while the subcontinent became independent after the British decided to leave (forced by political and economic factors to a certain extent,but still they left)and they remained part of the commonwealth and in friendly terms with Britain.

Your rationals are just relative.

Its a new thing I learnt about how different some Pakistanis think.
What I have here as friends carry no hatred but are together without an ounce of historical baggage of hate.
This queen incident elicits very different reactions.
Learn some new thing everyday I guess...

Trust me,it's a completely different situation. British Raj and Ottoman Empire were completely different in a lot of aspects.

Depending on your own perspective.

In Vietnam, the official point of view is that the heroic Vietnamese kicked the *** of the invader French out of the country. But in the eyes of most of the world, Vietnam was just "French Indochina", same as Laos, Cambodia and the subcontinent.

From my own perspective, it was really a deep shame that the king of Vietnam surrendered to the French.

Anyway, those kings were not really Viet (i.e. Northern Vietnamese). They have Northern Vietnamese blood by patrilinial line, as their ancestors came to Quang Nam (modern Hue) 400 years ago from Northern Vietnam. But after more than 400 years, they had been mixed heavily with the native Chamic women (same race as Fillipino and Malays), creating the coward kings of the Nguyen dynasty. If the court had still been in Hanoi, Vietnam would have never been conquered.

Depending on your own perspective.

In Vietnam, the official point of view is that the heroic Vietnamese kicked the *** of the invader French out of the country. But in the eyes of most of the world, Vietnam was just "French Indochina", and from my own perspective, it was really a deep shame that the king of Vietnam surrendered to the French.

Anyway, those kings were not really Viet (i.e. Northern Vietnamese). They have Northern Vietnamese blood by patrilinial line, as their ancestors came to Quang Nam (modern Hue) 400 years ago from Northern Vietnam. But after more than 400 years, they had been mixed heavily with the native Chamic women (same race as Fillipino and Malays), creating the coward kings of the Nguyen dynasty. If the court had still been in Hanoi, Vietnam would have never been conquered.
Another example of why the British Raj was different. French Indochina was completely different too.

no football for 2 weeks and then their are friendlies! no football for 3 weeks!

why stop football for a old queen!

@waz @WebMaster

As you can see he has began this with the file attached and subsequent harrasment with his line of questioning about my ethnicity.
I asked for your ethnicity. I didn't know you are ashamed of it. You however used HEAVY insults and slander. Very very nasty flaming attempts.

I asked a simple question,if you're native British or foreigner like Pakistani,Indian or other. You kept refusing to answer. Another member said you're Iranian. Well then. I don't understand why is it such a big fuss for someone to admit his ethnicity.

And I dont have to answer you because you're a nobody on a forum. Your question had no relevance to the initial topic of conversation which was about credulously respecting someone who means nothing to me. My username and my comments on other threads are enough proof of where I stand. Not dancing to your tune!

Stop the arguing please and insults please. Otherwise it is a thread ban.

I asked for your ethnicity. I didn't know you are ashamed of it. You however used HEAVY insults and slander. Very very nasty flaming attempts.

@waz @WebMaster

The harrasment is continuing.

When you persistently try to bully the wrong person they will go dark on you. Teach you a lesson, boy! Mods have made a request so please show respect and end it.

RIP my Queen - you will be missed. You served your country and your people well and you kept to your promise you made as a young lady, to your last day with grace and dignity while those around you made fools of themselves.

While most of expect to retire in our late 60's, she was still doing work commitments and engagements until 2 days before her passing at the age of 96. And she did her last engagement whilst in physical pain from what possibly ended her life in the end : Doctor pinpoints the tell-tale sign at the Queen's final royal appointment that death was near: 'She was putting on a brave face'

Once known for doing over 400 engagements in a year until very recently - she certainly did all she could.

You were/are the only Queen for me.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom