What's new

Qatar to host $1mln Pakistan Super League, says PCB

You seem to be smoking afghan weed. Sethi didn't say anything like that. This is actually what he said about Indian players.

Funny you are talking about match fixing? Weren't two teams banned recently in IPL for being involved in spot fixing?

Lol instead of copy paste I used my own words . U bum . And yes even with country like India these bookies can operate across the borders .. now lete about your country . Host dons and world's most wanteds of the world . I guess this whole league looks more like their plan along with ur pcb ... Aand before pointing at india think wat happ to your national team

Are you blind?

Just like bookies Sit in Indian Grounds?? and you know how many Indians were involved in Fixing?

Azharuddin
Ajay Sharma
Manoj Prabhakar
Ajay Jadeja
Sreesanth

From First Class
TP Suhindra (Deccan Chargers)
Mohnish Mirshra (Deccan Chargers)
Amit Yadav (XI Punjab)
Abhinav Bali (XI Punjab)
Shalabh Srivastava (XI Punjab)
Ankeet Chavan (Rajasthan Royals)
Amit Singh (Rajasthan Royals)
Siddharth Trivedi (Rajasthan Royals)

Now Teams Banned
IPL scandal: Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals suspended
IPL scandal: Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals suspended - BBC News

Shalabh Srivastava, TP Sudhindra, Amit Yadav, Mohnish Mishra and Abhinav Bali are the players affected by BCCI's decision.

BCCI suspends 5 cricketers after TV sting exposes spot-fixing, graft - Yahoo Cricket India
BCCI suspends Mumbai cricketer Hiken Shah for corruption in IPL - The Times of India
2013 Indian Premier League spot-fixing and betting case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2012 Indian Premier League spot-fixing case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IPL spot-fixing scam News - The Hindu
Indian Bookies: Latest News, Photos, Videos on Indian Bookies - NDTV.COM

Lol thats my point aswell . Strange you guys are very defensive. Lets not kid ourself that Pakistan has no links with bookies and underworld . If these can in indian league its walking on the cake in your leagues . Agree or disagree . Yourwish

I wish them best of luck

It is a high risk venue for Pakistan but successful completion of this tour will boost the image of cricket-loving Pakistan and Qatar

1 Million League , Tournament in Lahore / Karachi would have been fantastic

FULL CROWDED stadiums the buzz

I think the League organizers missed the chance to take / groom local talent

The league can be run by Local Talent alone !!!

I don't think Qater is ideal place for SUPER LEAGUE or even UAE

Should be played in Karachi / Lahore

Players who want the $$ and Glory they come to Pakistan

98219.jpg

7113327613_640cda3e60_b.jpg

214047_48827150.jpg

Kick start Tournament in Pakistan , and players who want glory will come on their own

Success of League does not mean you need to have foreign players

Pakistan has ABUNDANCE of players , who can get prime time focus in a 1-2 Million league

Last edited:
"Pakistan Super League has confirmed and will start on 5 Feb 2016 to 25 feb 2016 in Doha, Qatar , 5 teams will take part in PSL and star player like Chris Gayle , K.Sangakara , Shakib al hasan , De Kock, TM Dilshan and many more will take part in it ..."

If these players are confirmed it will be full packed stadium! There are combined 350,000 Pakistanis, Sri Lankans and Bangaldeshis plus half a million residents from India.
I dnt think so . most of them are labor who hardly got off day .

My logic is Pakistan presently have at least 200,000 players that play Cricket at U18 , U19 , U23 , Departmental Level in Leagues.

• We can have a 1-10 Million dollar Local League !!! with local Talent
  • Create competitive pitches like in Australia / England
  • Market the game with International Marketing company (Money needs to be spend here)
Have major sponsors of League
  • Banks
  • Pakistani Drinks / Beverage companies
  • Local corporations
  • Visa/Master card these are heavily indian doubt they would sponsor
  • People will come watch games live provided all games are 6 pm - 8 pm time zone (Played on weekends)
  • Make International player addition (Optional) allocate 3 spots for International players
  • There is NO REASON TO PLAY GAMES IN GULF COUNTRIES
What is the point of a LEAGUE , when only 10% of stadium would be filled with watchers
Not to mention you are playing 50 degrees in DESERT !!! In DESERT !!!!

Why in desert when you can play in the soft winds of gentle weather in Punjab or Coastline weather of Karachi

Play the game in PAKISTAN , play with 80,000 fans in stadium

Instead of 4,000 fans in Qatar

Last edited:
Lol instead of copy paste I used my own words . U bum . And yes even with country like India these bookies can operate across the borders .. now lete about your country . Host dons and world's most wanteds of the world . I guess this whole league looks more like their plan along with ur pcb ... Aand before pointing at india think wat happ to your national team

Stop trolling loser. You are pathetic at trolling too. Try something else.

Pakistani super league in Doha qatar . Great.

Good luck guys!!!!!!

But why ? I thought after Zimbabwe's tour of Pakistan, everything was fine and dandy?

My logic is Pakistan presently have at least 200,000 players that play Cricket at U18 , U19 , U23 , Departmental Level in Leagues.
  • People will come watch games live provided all games are 6 pm - 8 pm time zone (Played on weekends)
  • Make International player addition (Optional) allocate 3 spots for International player
What is the point of a LEAGUE , when only 10% of stadium would be filled with watchers
Not to mention you are playing 50 degrees in DESERT !!! In DESERT !!!!

• Played on weekends only? Are you serious lol!!! It will be only 8 matches in a month and I am considering two day weekend. :D
  • No big International will come to Pakistan as for now and even someone might come alot of money will be spent on security now.
If your only concern is filled stadiums. I am sure that will not be problem as I heard likes of Gayle, Sangakarra, Dilshan, De Kock might get in.

February weather is awesome in Gulf.
-------------------------
Edit
-------------------------
Damein Martyn is Interested too :)

eBVbvob.png

LAHORE: The twice-postponed Pakistan Super League (PSL) will finally be ready for take off in Doha, Qatar, next year, former chairman Najam Sethi announced on Wednesday.

The event is scheduled for February and will feature around 25 foreign players.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) had planned a Super Twenty20 league in 2013 but had to postpone it twice -- in 2014 and 2015 -- over a lack of response from sponsors and logistics problems.

Sethi, the head of PCB's Executive Committee, announced the PSL will be held from 4-24 February next year.

“The PSL will be held in Doha from February 4-24 with a prize money of one million dollars (100 million rupees) and we are getting encouraging responses from sponsors and foreign players,” said Sethi.

The idea behind staging the league was to give Pakistani players a chance to compete with and against top foreign players, something which the national players do not get as international cricket has been suspended in the country since 2009.

Pakistan was a no go area for international teams since terrorists' attacks on the Sri Lankan team bus in Lahore in March 2009.

This was partially overcome with a short limited-over series against Zimbabwe in May-June this year.

“We are in talks with 40 foreign players and we expect some 25 to sign for the league and out of these 15 will be world class players,” Sethi said of the planned league.

Four West Indians and two players each from Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Australia, New Zealand, England and South Africa were amongst the targeted names, he said.

Sethi added that no player from India was on the PSL target list as the Board of Control for Cricket in India does not allow its players to feature in a foreign league.

Pakistan was forced to shift the League to Doha after grounds in the United Arab Emirates -- where Pakistan have played all their home cricket since 2009 -- were booked for a private league in January-February 2016.

Source: Dawn
oh IPL bad, IPL corrupt, IPL destroying test games , IPL destroying world peace ! But here comes PSL the savior !

I don't understand. Why Qatar? The expats in Qatar are even fewer than UAE. There's going to be no gate money for PCB least to say.

Back
Top Bottom