What's new

Qaher F313 l News & Discussion

Well it was posed as fighter. If u call it a bomber, its too small to carry something internally and range is too small as well. Its some technology demonstrator at most. Like Bird of Prey.
come on it never introduced as fighter it was always mentioned as a bomber and designed for CAS missions and some times trainer with some other possible variant anybody who said its fighter stated his own wishes . at first when it was shown with a single engine i had my doubt about it but now with two engine I believe it have enough power for carrying meaningful loads

about the internal capacity well its not that smaller than f-35 and that airplane have six external hard point and two internal one.
also about the range can't those tick wings carry some extra fuel to give it enough range ? also don't forget it use some J85 variant engine that at cruise uses only about 400 liter/hours and is an efficient engine when there is no afterburner on it

You accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about but talk about something that doesn't exist. There is no such thing as "edge flappers".
For the leading edge devices, flaps and slats are the same thing. In fact, on the F-16 maintenance, there is a procedure call 'LE flaps rig'.

Search 'Saeqeh 2 fighter jet' on YouTube to help yourself !
Just a modded F-5.

For the leading edge devices, flaps and slats are the same thing. In fact, on the F-16 maintenance, there is a procedure call 'LE flaps rig'.

I did not debate him on the interchangeability of slats and flaps, only on him referring to them as "edge flappers".

Just a modded F-5.
Whatever keep your arse cold...

919460_648.jpg

6972375_orig.jpg

While some folks may argue that it is a just a body kit over the F-5 that is not true , the rear engine nossels may look similar in approach but structurally they are placed apart and the rear is quite wide vs the F-5

The tails is also placement is quite wide major structural diferences pointing to new engineeringe effort

The Wings are quite different as well.

The side view may look similar in length but that is true for most Mid size fighter Jets , they are approximately same lenth of each other, except when you move to the Heavy fighter Jets.

Cock pit is all different more closer to bubble cannopy vs the F-5

Now for low grade items like Wheels or the landing gear etc , if you have serial production for a specific part makes sense to reuse that technology why keep inveting the "WHEEL" over and over again

Even the haters will have to admit the plane is 100% newly engineered

@500 I'm not an aviation expert but won't you think the flaps on the front wings can help the airplane to adept to different speed by modifying how the air move around the back wing and as you see the front wing is not that thick
No, it does not. It CANNOT.

Airflow created by canards can be and often is unpredictable.

What the leading edge devices does is to actually alter the wing's shape which produces immediate changes in airflow over the wing. Turbulence from canards cannot produce the same effects.

http://www.codeonemagazine.com/article.html?item_id=131
The use of leading-edge flaps is not new. In this instance, plain, single in-chord flaps were selected instead of slotted types because of their simplicity and because this flap could be used throughout the flight envelope and could be scheduled to provide the best flap position (camber) for the desired flight condition. The flaps were automatically programmed for best position/deflection as a function of Mach number and angle of attack.
Note the highlighted.

The LE flap is not static. It is an ACTIVE flight controls element no different than the ailerons or v-stab. The absence of the LE flaps on the Qaher 313 is an immediate sign that there is something amiss about this 'design'.

also I still wonder why this airplane must be a supersonic airplane if its designed to be able to do stealthy strike at the very low altitude against enemy target

let ask you a question if you plan for a mission to strike a target which one is preferable
1 - sneak under radar let say between 30-50m with a stealth airplane at for example 700km for 1000km
2 - fly with F-15 at 13km of altitude with a speed of 850km for 1000km
It is not an either/or situation.

Speed is life and speed is even more important in combat. If an aircraft can be designed to have a reserve capability of Mach after all other consideration, it will have it in production.

While some folks may argue that it is a just a body kit over the F-5 that is not true ,...

Even the haters will have to admit the plane is 100% newly engineered
For what gains ? What performance gains are there ?

Taxi tests are usually meant to test engines.
Not true. There are many different reasons for a taxi test.

The F-16's first unofficial flight was from a high speed taxi test. That high speed test run -- the one that produced the accidental first flight -- was mean to check various aircraft BEHAVIORS under near takeoff speed.

Low speed taxi tests can be used to check and record various aircraft feedback, or wheel brakes, or speed brakes.

I thought this was non flyable fake body shape.. But this guy proved it wrong. Long live Iran.
See this...

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/qaher-f313-l-news-discussion.489544/page-17#post-9387195

No, it does not. It CANNOT.

Airflow created by canards can be and often is unpredictable.

What the leading edge devices does is to actually alter the wing's shape which produces immediate changes in airflow over the wing. Turbulence from canards cannot produce the same effects.

http://www.codeonemagazine.com/article.html?item_id=131

Note the highlighted.

The LE flap is not static. It is an ACTIVE flight controls element no different than the ailerons or v-stab. The absence of the LE flaps on the Qaher 313 is an immediate sign that there is something amiss about this 'design'.

It is not an either/or situation.

Speed is life and speed is even more important in combat. If an aircraft can be designed to have a reserve capability of Mach after all other consideration, it will have it in production.

For what gains ? What performance gains are there ?
well those front wings have their own flaps can't those flaps compensate for the unpredictability of the airflow over the front wings
also honestly those extra speed with other airplanes was only achievable by dropping external fuel tanks and using after burner which may made some problem if facing the enemy inside their territory , the airplane have stealthy feature so prevent enemy from detecting its position until after the mission and after that I doubt they can find it that easily if it continue flying at low altitude

also this plane seems to have no frontal flaps and I don't recall it somebody even had any doubt that that it can maintain mach 3 but well I'm not sure about that
uuvjj2jibz2cmkab4zcv.jpg

This is what happens when you go on Iranian TV and without any shame claim that 1st Q-313 that they showed was NOT a mockup but the real thing!

You don't have to be a military annalist to see that this is NOT a real fighter

upload_2017-4-16_11-26-49.png

I'm happy that Iran finally built the real thing but what upsets me is why Iran allows idiots to go on Iranian TV and straight up lie to the whole world!

Now this is a real fighter BUT it's still a subsonic fighter and it is NOT a 5th Gen fighter! Hopefully Iran in the future will build a stealth or low RCS supersonic Air Superiority fighter

F-313-new-tests-2.jpg

Mohsen !?

Do you really think i am stupid !?

View attachment 391037

Exactly same wheels !!!

View attachment 391038

View attachment 391041

This is clearly NOT a production Model! This is Iran 1st working prototype and with all prototypes you use as many off the shelf parts as you can this is NORMAL!

Jesus Christ, you are truly challenged. Those slots are there to prevent turbulence from being ingested into the intake.

Once again proof you no nothing.
And they are must have for supersonic jets, unless u have DSI or cones. Qaher has neither. Even for transonic jets they are recommended.

@500 I'm not an aviation expert but won't you think the flaps on the front wings can help the airplane to adept to different speed by modifying how the air move around the back wing and as you see the front wing is not that thick
ghaher1_0.jpg

also I still wonder why this airplane must be a supersonic airplane if its designed to be able to do stealthy strike at the very low altitude against enemy target

let ask you a question if you plan for a mission to strike a target which one is preferable
1 - sneak under radar let say between 30-50m with a stealth airplane at for example 700km for 1000km
2 - fly with F-15 at 13km of altitude with a speed of 850km for 1000km

which one you think have more chance o success ?
don't forget aside from f-22 no other airplane can do super-cruise with full load

1st this is clearly a Subsonic fighter and if you wanna compare it to anything you'll need to compare it to the F-117 not the F-15 that is an Air Superiority fighter

This version is a great step forward for Iran's fighter program but this design will NEVER be a Supersonic fighter!

Also this is Iran's 1st working prototype we still have a long way to go to get to a production model! and for all we know the Aircraft may NOT pass the tests required to get to a production model!

Optimal cruise Altitude for all aircrafts is practically the same and changing the wing design will not change that

This wing design will have negative effects on the aircrafts maneuverability at high speeds and maneuverability is one of your main weapons against incoming missiles

This wing design may have had great success in wind tunnel testing for flight but when it comes to maneuverability it will not be so positive at higher speeds and this is something Iran will learn during the test flights but since this is clearly a subsonic aircraft it may not matter but at least Iran will learn that it can NOT use such a design for a supersonic Iranian fighter that they will one day build!

Now this is a real fighter BUT it's still a subsonic fighter and it is NOT a 5th Gen fighter! Hopefully Iran in the future will build a stealth or low RCS supersonic Air Superiority fighter

even Russia and China are struggling with 5th generation fighter , why people except us to make 5th gen fighter with 8-12 billion dollars yearly budget ( and most of it spend in other fields ) !?

Back
Top Bottom