What's new

Q/A about Bangladesh

Why bangladeshis hate india so much? :D

People were disillusioned after 71 once they found they fell into the hands of thieves. There was no West Pakistan, but there was no food, corruption and injustice were rampant and the situation was worse. All these were taken by the masses as the betrayal of a promise. As India played the major role in separation of the two wings of Pakistan they thought India is the rightful entity to blame. The seed of distrust was sown in 72-75, some later actions of India only aggravated this. Then again this blame is not that justified (after all, everyone has to take the responsibility of their own action), nor it is healthy, but this is how mass psychology works.

How does Bangladeshi history book describe Calcutta riot following direct action day?

How does Bangladeshi history book describe Calcutta riot following direct action day?

Majority don't know about it. Our history is actually written by 71-75 regime and is largely unchanged. It skips 1947!

Members here from Bangladesh don't represent the whole country.

About the India-hating thing . . . . . I think Farakka, Tipaimukh Dam and killing people in the borders have most to do with that.

Yes! Killing must be stopped.

But still .. they are not enough reason to hate India.

Where in the world Two neighboring countries do not have problems.. specially on water issue ?

We both are agricultural country, Both of us need water, People of Bangladesh should understand this also.

When I came to this forum , I thought , Bangladesh is a friendly country.

After seeing some super activated BD members, my thought does not remain same.

What are Bangla people like in general? Organize your reply along the following outlines:

Rural
Social Rank ( by rural standards)
¤Very Poor
Seniors: Men, Women
Youths: Men, Women
Children: Boys, Girls

¤Poor

¤Middle Class

¤Rich

Attributes
¤Perception of enmity: on personal level, ethnic level, international level

¤Perception of alliance: on personal level, ethnic level, international level

¤Perception of friendship: on personal level, ethnic level, international level

¤Perception of livelihood: on personal level, ethnic level, international level

¤Perception of entertainment: on personal level, ethnic level, international level

¤Perception of education: on personal level, ethnic level, international level

¤Perception of beauty: on personal level, ethnic level, international level

¤Perception of politics: on personal level, ethnic level, international level

¤Perception of democracy: on personal level, ethnic level, international level

¤Perception of religion: on personal level, ethnic level, international level

¤Perception of country life: on personal level, ethnic level, international level

¤Perception of city life: on personal level, ethnic level, international level

¤Perception of life: on personal level, ethnic level, international level

¤Perception of 'you would like add': on personal level, ethnic level, international level

Urban
Social Rank ( by city standards)
¤ Same as under 'Rural'

Attributes

¤ Same as under 'Rural'
------¤+¤------​
Note:
Please no media, pedia, copypaste BS. Put forth your own honest and simple account based on personal experience.
Talk from the perspective of a 'live Joe' and not from that of an 'internet bot', for bots are an altogether different lot.
Everything can't not be described under the give attributes /sub-attributes, apply them only where applicable.
Please no sugarcoating - you're my anthropologist of the day so act like one.
Argue in a journalistic sort of way keeping in mind the crucial five Ws and one H. Gibberish is as welcome as a Black Widow in your boxers.
You may post your reply in parts.
Thank you <3

When I came to this forum , I thought , Bangladesh is a friendly country.

After seeing some super activated BD members, my thought does not remain same.

lol. Dost ka dost, dushm0no ka Dushm0n

Nahi dost dushman wali baat nahi hai ....

I agree ....BD people has some valid concerns regarding India.

Majority don't know about it. Our history is actually written by 71-75 regime and is largely unchanged. It skips 1947!

Lahore declaration were widely taught in the school. Jinnah's role described as Zero. Most emphasis were given to Fazlul Haque and Sohrawardy. Nazimuddin were mentioned few places with lesser priority. Calcutta riots were mentioned unbiased along with Noakhali and other places.

What's this thing about Bengali nationalism as opposed to Bangladeshi nationalism?
The more you are Indian,the more we are Bangladeshi.
btw,
Awami league=Bengali nationalism(tagline: Joy bangla)
BNP=Bangladeshi nationalism(tagline: Bangladesh Zindabad)

Mentioned as riot and many killed. It did not blame any particular group or people unlike Indian version.

I have two questions:-
1) What does Bangladeshis think about Pakistan time era leaders like Suhrawardy, Muhammad Ali Bogra, Iskandar Mirza and the dictator Ayub Khan.

Mostly morons.

2)After 1975 many former Razakars were pardoned, what was the main reason behind it.

Because they were also Bangladeshis. Mujib pardoned quite a bunch too for that reason :lol:

Zia pardoned them all mainly to get comfy with both Pakistan and America.

It took Bangladesh a long time to get to the height of relations with America where it is at present. That's partly the reason why we participated in Desert Storm.

Now, we do regular military exercises with them.

What's this thing about Bengali nationalism as opposed to Bangladeshi nationalism?

There never was any such thing as 'Bengali Nationalism' to begin with.

Mentioned as riot and many killed. It did not blame any particular group or people unlike Indian version.

Muslim league Ontorbortikalin shorkar gothoner jonno lord wavel k chap dite thake. Kintu congress er oshohojogitar jonno tini tate oshommot hon. E chukti vonger jonno muslim leaguer shovapoti Jinnah montri mishon porikolpona koren, muslim league er shidhhanto onujayi 1946 shaler 16 august prottokhho shongram dibosh paloner ghoshona dewa hoy, oi din kolkatay vishon danga hangama aromvo hoy, e dangay hajar hajar niriho manush hotahot hoy! Musolman ra besi khoti grosto hoy! E hangamar protikriya koyek din er modhe noakhali bihar mumbai punjab e choriye pore. Desh bivag torannito hoy. - from text book of class 9 and 10. Sorry my bad i forgot about this little para.. But see they didn't mention jinnah like they mentione fzlul hoque and others.

How do Bangladeshis see Indian Bengalis, how much do Indian Bengali movies, literature, tv shows have, if any, effect on Bangladeshis?

Indian Bengalis are widely considered as miser and coward as well. Old movies/literature are great but new generation dont really care for WB literature I guess. India TV shows are hot specially Sasuri/Bou fight. Most of the male member in the family already quit watching tv and turned to internet due to Indian Sashu/Bohu irritation.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom