What's new

Q/A about Bangladesh

Why do, here, BD members loves Pak so much ... even after 1971 incident ?

Do BD junta like Pakistan ?

How is Jinnah seen in present day Bangladesh.

Bangladesh Chapter in our history school text books starts like this - Jinnah denied our rightful demand of Bangla as state language! And it ends there. No more Jinnah! So our new generation knows very little about Jinnah and its negative!

I am not very proud to say this But i feel our history knowledge is highly biased and selective. but old generation who saw pakistan era may have different opinion. I cant answer for them!

In that sense, china has universal right to hate Japan, France to Germany, USA to UK, Israel to Germany! Does it work like that?

I did not say to hate Pakistan ... but what is reason for this 'love' ?

Bangladesh Chapter in our history school text books starts like this - Jinnah denied our rightful demand of Bangla as state language! And it ends there. No more Jinnah! So our new generation knows very little about Jinnah and its negative!

I am not very proud to say this But i feel our history knowledge is highly biased and selective. but old generation who saw pakistan era may have different opinion. I cant answer for them!

I have two questions:-
1) What does Bangladeshis think about Pakistan time era leaders like Suhrawardy, Muhammad Ali Bogra, Iskandar Mirza and the dictator Ayub Khan.
2)After 1975 many former Razakars were pardoned, what was the main reason behind it.

What's this thing about Bengali nationalism as opposed to Bangladeshi nationalism?

1) What does Bangladeshis think about Pakistan time era leaders like Suhrawardy, Muhammad Ali Bogra, Iskandar Mirza and the dictator Ayub Khan.
2)After 1975 many former Razakars were pardoned, what was the main reason behind it.

Suhrawardy respected, Ayub is villain, rest of the two unknown to people. 2. The regime was anti india! Was working hard to distance itself from India plus they had popularity beyond limit!

Suhrawardy respected, Ayub is villain, rest of the two unknown to people. 2. The regime was anti india! Was working hard to distance itself from India plus they had popularity beyond limit!

What is current situation ? Regime is still more powerful or civilian government has the last word ?

What is Political situation in Bangladesh ? Can Haseena win next general election ?

How do Bangladeshis see Indian Bengalis, how much do Indian Bengali movies, literature, tv shows have, if any, effect on Bangladeshis?

1. Suhrawardi . . . . . respected; Ayub Khan, Iskander Mirza . . . . . villains.

2. Strictly for political advantage. Razakars don't have that much popularity in Bangladesh.

How do Bangladeshis see Indian Bengalis, how much do Indian Bengali movies, literature, tv shows have, if any, effect on Bangladeshis?

Many many many people that I know, love Indian Bengali literature. Old Uttam Kumar era of Indian Bengali movies still attracts Bangladeshi people. As for the tv shows, I personally don't like 'em.

Back
Top Bottom