What's new

Q/A about Bangladesh

I'm meaning no offence, but majority of Bangladeshis are too poor to show flashiness or gaudyness. There could be few elites in Dhaka who drive around second hand Japanese cars, but then too I'm sure per capita expenditure of Calcutta is far higher than Dhaka.

Infact I'm not sure how Bangladeshi show such gaudiness when there's nothing in Dhaka to spend your moolah for except rickshaws. Bangladeshis have to come to Calcutta to taste what night life is and shop branded products.

I'm meaning no offence, but majority of Bangladeshis are too poor to show flashiness or gaudyness. There could be few elites in Dhaka who drive around second hand Japanese cars, but then too I'm sure per capita expenditure of Calcutta is far higher than Dhaka.

Infact I'm not sure how Bangladeshi show such gaudiness when there's nothing in Dhaka to spend your moolah for except rickshaws. Bangladeshis have to come to Calcutta to taste what night life is and shop branded products.

Pretty standard for those who can afford them. Just because I drive a Toyota doesn't make me an "elite".

And actually, the elite drive around German cars.

My dad has been to Kolkata recently, and says the city is much better managed than Dhaka. And surprisingly very multicultural. It's not as rich as Punjab or something, but there is this "civilization", and that has a separate value.

Driving around a Mercedes does not make one "civilized".

By the way, he said Kolkata's airport is the worse he had ever been to :lol:

Don't get us wrong. We are thankful to India for it's contribution during our liberation war. But you have to understand, we expect more cooperation from India when it comes to border issues, border killings, water rights etc etc. Years have passed since our liberation war. But bangladesh and India still have many unresolved issues. Continuity of these problems are working on the minds of Bangladeshi people and the mistrust is increasing exponentially and quite rightly so. People of Bangladesh don't like India very much right now mainly because of the border killings.

About supporting Pakistani members . . . . . . . it's not about Pakistan, it's about Bangladeshis not liking the fact that India is not taking proper steps to resolve most of the issues.

I don't think he was talking about the war. But you are right in a sense. Hindus never recovered from the atrocities committed on them during the war. Still now, during elections, Hindus are targeted everywhere in Bangladesh. It's sad . . . . but it's the truth.

By the way, appreciate the fact that the number of killings in the borders are decreasing.

During war the suffering people were ethnically Bangali not specifically Hindu or Muslim. For oppressors' hatred to Hindu religion they suffered a bit more but as they considered Bangali Muslim as half Hindu, whole Bangali people suffered. How did one community has been able to recover and other has not been?

Do you have any evidence about election time repression on Hindu people? If so, please show us that otherwise don't share such baseless info with foreigner whose nation ranks no. 1 in minority atrocities. During election poor people of slums, remote areas are targeted irrespective of religion as all our politicians are beasts. After 71 communal riot in BD broke out only when there's been a repression on Muslim in india. You can't show a single example of riot in BD which took place 1st here. It's not expected but it's also not possible to stop when people feel their bond on religious background...they just can't tolerate that their brothers (religious) are being oppressed and so jump over the Hindu minority here. Of course there's oppression on Hindu people in BD which I strongly oppose and it has to be stopped but that's not like it happens in our neighboring countries and I don't want to share such example here in PDF where people from more dangerous land for minority visit frequently. It's our problem, we must remove all our problems.

How do you know the fact that the number of killings in the borders are decreasing...is it based on media report on bsf d$g squad's chief's vomit in conference? So far I know it's currently the worst situation going on there on our border and it'll continue as we have to depend on indian decision not on our decision. Anyway, as you lack the idea on our border how we are losing every day our people there, how border people lives have been hell to live there for d$g squad bsf and also BDR (as they are silent), please don't comment on this issue until you can enrich yourself with the fact.

how common is that arabic "chabla" type dress in bangladesh. i see lot of pakistanis wearing it. is it common to see people in arabic style dress in dhaka

Pretty standard for those who can afford them. Just because I drive a Toyota doesn't make me an "elite".

My dad has been to Kolkata recently, and says the city is much better managed than Dhaka. And surprisingly very multicultural. It's not as rich as Punjab or something, but there is this "civilization", and that has a separate value.

You are probably 1% of total Bangladeshis, that makes you an elite.

Yes Punjabis are known for their showyness.

Calcutta airport is nightmare, I almost missed my flight last time even after reaching airport 2 hours before.

Hopefully things will be better when new terminal gets opened later this year.

Panorama+26.JPG

IMG_0081.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

So was he asked "Dada kheye esechen na giye Khaben", "Ardhek ta dilam, purota khete hobe kintu" and other bs that bangladeshi peddle? :lol:

how common is that arabic "chabla" type dress in bangladesh. i see lot of pakistanis wearing it. is it common to see people in arabic style dress in dhaka

Salwar Kameez, saree etc are widely wore by women.

What is chabla?

So was he asked "Dada kheye esechen na giye Khaben", "Ardhek ta dilam, purota khete hobe kintu" and other bs that bangladeshi peddle? :lol:

Ghatis are known for these words my friend. YOu are a Bangal so you probably not used to them. ;)

Salwar Kameez is not arabic, idiot... Its a mix of Punjabi , Pathan clothing

Gee....I don't know....he has very simple eating habits. He just buys food or eats at hotel :lol:

The "agent" (not wishing to disclose business type or name :D) my dad's company contacted were pretty hospitable. They even provided a car :woot:

It was pure simple business :D

My gf is pure ghoti dude, Bardhaman Brahmin(Ghoti word came from Bandyaghoti Brahmin families of Bardhaman(Rarh regions), not what eastwatch's inner voice told him in his inebriated stage).

Salwar Kameez is not arabic, idiot... Its a mix of Punjabi , Pathan clothing

i am punjabi. i know shalwar kameej. i was talking about that long loose maxi type gown dress that arabic men and women wear. in punjabi its called "chabla" or "shabla". that dress that fakeers use to wear in old days

i am punjabi. i know shalwar kameej. i was talking about that long loose maxi type gown dress that arabic men and women wear. in punjabi its called "chabla" or "shabla". that dress that fakeers use to wear in old days

No except Burka.

My gf is pure ghoti dude, Bardhaman Brahmin(Ghoti word came from Bandyaghoti Brahmin families of Bardhaman(Rarh regions), not what eastwatch's inner voice told him in his inebriated stage).

YOu are Jamai. Thats why they feed you well and give you full. Next time just observe what they do with other people... ;)

According to Pakistani and Bangladeshi on PDF that......... huge number of refugees fled to india was all made up by India to justify the invasion. You are the first one to agree to Indian figure, the magnitude of the exodus was as high as 10 million. It would not have reached this figure if not for genocide of huge proportion done on your people.

Also, please explain why most Bangladeshi members support Pakistani members in-spite of such atrocities committed on them.

@ Atrocities committed !!! by whom !!! Pakistani Army !!!! It is your's and Awami version.

@ Yes there was a killing and we practically saw it and survived. You made so much of exaggeration that now-a-days peoples have lot of doubts !!!

To my fellow Bangladeshis, you can watch the Maasranga channel and see what the ex-dg of BDR is saying about Bondhustan !!
He is gong ballistic over the whole Indian policy.

Even the poorest of poor Bangladeshi in a village, will cook his only rooster if you visit his home . I think this is not the case in neighboring places, thus the stereotype!

To my fellow Bangladeshis, you can watch the Maasranga channel and see what the ex-dg of BDR is saying about Bondhustan !!

what a man!! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom