What's new

Q & A about Bangladesh defence and security

i guess - For myanmar bangladesh will fight conventional warfare normally using their navy, BAF interceptors, army face to face. . And for india - Guerilla warfare And ambush..... G0C of east pakistan Yahya in 1963 planned this first... He ordered major a o Mitha to build guerilla brigade.. But later this plan was cancelled when Yahya was transferred to West pakistan and Fazal muqim khan replaced him. I don't know about present condition. But i think bangladesh train her soldiers for guerilla warfare...

@ Maj Gen O Mitha, was a vetern from Burma Campaign during the Second World War. He was one of the member who fought in the "Chindit Operation" (an operation carried out behind the Japanese enemy line in order to demoralise the Japanese). During the Pakistan times under his leadership the Commando Brigrades were organised. 2 x Commando Battalions were fought in our liberation war. One of the Commany of this Commando Battalion were utilised by the Pakistan Govt to arrest Sk Mujibur Rahman. 1 x Commando Battalion remained at Rangamati through out the liberation war and other one was used through out East Pakistan as an when required. These Commando Battalions played a very crutial role for neutralising the revolt during the initial stage of resistance in East Pakistan.

@ During the 1965 Indi-Pak war in the Western Sector, in 77 different Indian airports these Commando Battalions were air-lifted/ para dropped and carried out raid along with premtive air attack. Though the out put was not that encouraging. These sort of simulteneous daring Commando raid inside enemy territory are very rare in the war history.

@ Although in the Indo-Pak war of 1965 in the then East Pakistan, there were only two conventional Brigade but Pakistan Army recruited/created lot of Ansars, Mujahids and other para-military forces.

@ Presently in our country we have a plan to fight with the enemy unconventionally or Grerrilla Warfare during the last stage/final phase of the war.

i can assure u this much that in case of a total war between india and bangladesh, india is going to loose some part of seven sister !!

@ Our defence is not that weak the way people or India thinks ????? We have developed our army reasonably good for last 40 years. I tell you we had nothing initially. Our airforce is 4/5 times strong than what Pakistan had in 1971. Our army is 3 times more strong than what Pakistan had in 1971. Our Navy is 5 times strong than 1971. And finally the will to fight of the common people is added with this.

@ The another most important point is the insurgents of NE states are awaiting for this opportune moment. The day India attacks us they had it. Soon, the flare would spread in the NE states and by this time we would also give all out support to these elements. Than we have to consider the China and Pakistan factor. Pakistan is over determined to take revence against India. They would certainly take advantage of this volatile situation. Than about the Moubadis would become more active.

Who provided us 120 mm Gun? East or West? Does china produce it??

Since it is NATO compatible, it is likely Western. Probably from Ukraine. The Yatagan uses the same gun.

t84_yatagan.jpg

The T-84 Yatagan prototype main battle tank is fitted with NATO compatible 120-mm gun

Yatagan Prototype Main Battle Tank | Military-Today.com

^^ We had plans to get Yatagans. It did not happen ultimately. Should have been an excellent procurement.

Cheers!!!

@ Our defence is not that weak the way people or India thinks ????? We have developed our army reasonably good for last 40 years. I tell you we had nothing initially. Our airforce is 4/5 times strong than what Pakistan had in 1971. Our army is 3 times more strong than what Pakistan had in 1971. Our Navy is 5 times strong than 1971. And finally the will to fight of the common people is added with this.

@ The another most important point is the insurgents of NE states are awaiting for this opportune moment. The day India attacks us they had it. Soon, the flare would spread in the NE states and by this time we would also give all out support to these elements. Than we have to consider the China and Pakistan factor. Pakistan is over determined to take revence against India. They would certainly take advantage of this volatile situation. Than about the Moubadis would become more active.

I am sorry but your post is funny. Assuming India would attack a country like Bangladesh is laughable. Whats the use? Anyways you assume a lot. Why would China come running to the party and indulge in the mess? Did you see them getting involved in Kargil? No. Even if they get involved, then am I free to assume US would get involved too? Which side would you think it would take?

No country would come to rescue anyone unless their interests are involved. Unfortunately Bangladesh doesn't feature in anyone's foreign policy. Now stop with the self grandiose war scenarios, get back to the topic. India has China, Pakistan as enemies because we had waged wars before. When did India and Bangladesh waged a war?

I am sorry but your post is funny. Assuming India would attack a country like Bangladesh is laughable. Whats the use? Anyways you assume a lot. Why would China come running to the party and indulge in the mess? Did you see them getting involved in Kargil? No. Even if they get involved, then am I free to assume US would get involved too? Which side would you think it would take?

No country would come to rescue anyone unless their interests are involved. Unfortunately Bangladesh doesn't feature in anyone's foreign policy. Now stop with the self grandiose war scenarios, get back to the topic. India has China, Pakistan as enemies because we had waged wars before. When did India and Bangladesh waged a war?

They had fierce border clashes in 2001. Enemies are not formed because of war. They are formed when there is a conflict of interest. War is the escalation of the conflict

So the engine and main gun is from ukraine.... Anyway type 69 MK 2 G has sap ( side armoured protection ). What does that mean?? is it made of composite armour??

^^ We had plans to get Yatagans. It did not happen ultimately. Should have been an excellent procurement.

Cheers!!!

I'd prefer the Leopard 2 :D

So the engine and main gun is from ukraine.... Anyway type 69 MK 2 G has sap ( side armoured protection ). What does that mean?? is it made of composite armour??

Side armor protection is probably application of more ERA.

As far as composite armor goes, the vehicle has to be built from scratch - sorry buddy.
Advanced Armour Concepts for Light Vehicles

Atleast our MBT2000 has composite armour..... !!!!!!!!! Hehe

So NE is ripe to fall into BD hands?

You must try.

We only require an excuse to tell you a wee bit more than what you understand.

Are you aware of the plans of the Indian Armed Forces to assume that if Pakistan, China and BD colludes, then India will fall like a pack of cards?

So NE is ripe to fall into BD hands?

You must try.

We only require an excuse to tell you a wee bit more than what you understand.

Are you aware of the plans of the Indian Armed Forces to assume that if Pakistan, China and BD colludes, then India will fall like a pack of cards?

Please don't start again.... Ignore...

I don't want to start anything.

But when someone post daft things, one has to clear the air!

Back
Top Bottom