What's new

Purchasing Wakhan District

Should Pakisan purchase Wakhan from the Taliban?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Impossible. This is just day-dreaming. The Taliban has become a nationalistic organisation.

Why limit it to Wakhan only?

Merger of Afghanistan with Pakistan is the right way to move forward.
1627047112024.gif

we could have done it back in 50s and 60s when afghan forces waged war on us..now its too late and Afghans benefit from being a neighbor to China.
Besides there are UN resolutions that protect sovereignty.. It will be another TRNC that will be under trade embargo.
If I am not wrong , Afghanistan never formally recognized Durand line as an international borders. So UN resolution isn’t applicable. Technically Pakistan can claim major parts of Afghanistan as a province, because of geographical and cultural extension of Tribal areas.

By hook or by crook it is in Pakistani interest to take that piece of land and secure it for trade. Billions if not trillions to be made once its up.
by hook or crook we should get this corridor
Install friendly govt, bribe politicians and use refugees card to force them into it. No one will hand their piece in a plater.

if everything fails, bill them for hosting 4 million refugees, 100 billions plus and take over wakkan until bill is paid.

Mullah you won’t get past Attock, to All us Residents of KPK & Baluchistan see that place as holy, so you keep dreaming about scar rifle & halwa puri and forget this dream.
You wrong their bud, Same thing was said about Tribal area’s before WoT. Guess what, it took few weeks for a modern Army to stretch FATA until all its holes where visible. If PA want to enter Kabul, it’s matters of hours with mechanized units and AirPower.

British had no right to gift it to Afghanistan just to create a buffer zone and separate the india from ussr

Pakistan just need to create the environment and claim it back

British draw map of Pakistan, Afghanistan and India. Right or not. Plus Wakhi are tajiks so they will likely end up with Tajikistan once Afghanistan is gone.

Without solution to Afghan problem I dont see the need for Wakhan corridor.

That was the reason countries cannot buy land from other countries. You can buy the land, but it must be a formal treaty, not usurping, and even if Pakistan can do so, which is merely not possible, because that strip is strategically worth billions of dollars, if a route to central asia can be developed. Apart from that, Afghans would never sell it, they can give you route, selling land in a Pashtoon culture is a crime or looked down upon, but what would you guys know, you don't even have traditions.
1627049777926.png

Pak army couldn’t take Kashmir, didn’t even get to liberate Azad Kashmir, the tribals and the locals did that.

Lost half the country due to ethnic cleansing and you expect us to believe that.

By the way I am a Pakistani too and proud of it but not at cost of my kin, my culture and my heritage.

The only bit of success you had was with ranjit Singh and even then it wasn’t you it was your cousins and couldn’t get past khyber pass in to Afghan proper.

So dream on,it’s good to dream.

We don’t care much for sons of Ranjit & Raja Dhir & their culture too, we seen the same.

Mullah you won’t get past Attock, to All us Residents of KPK & Baluchistan see that place as holy, so you keep dreaming about scar rifle & halwa puri and forget this dream.
Our tribals where sorted out by the PA.
Like i said no one apart from you talked about your traditions, no one gives a shit.
As the British said you can't buy an Afghan but you can hire him. Probably on a very long term lease. Our IK doesn't do just u-turns he is on a roundabout. Pakistan is more important than the sum of her parts. And just for the record every section of our society has self respect and are connected to their culture. If the Pakistani nation decided to deal with Afghan nation there will only be one winner
I am a critic of the higher ups of the PA but as a fighting force when they decide to do something they will do it.

I said in 2005 while Afghanistan was in turmoil and being bombed by the West that Pakistan should just take it over. A huge strategic mistake by Pakistan and China that they didn't. I said at that time that it was a colonial wedge to block Pakistan form Central Asia and so right was I.
quit BSing

if Central Asia was a part of the USSR you wish you did not own Wakhan

I don’t care about features it was a polite way of saying you don’t even look like us what do we share with you other then religion and nationality, absolute nothing.

Where did India come in to it?, so they with massive population couldn’t take Pak but you dream of taking Afghanistan, wow.

We know that massive populations don’t mean much, hence you always saw the Afghans/central Asians stomp most of South Asia.
They should try and redo it now
The Pakistani public don't understand the level of animosity the Afghans have for them. Really if the Pakistan responded it would be breathtaking

You are confused you wanted to do it, now you say they should try and redo it now, make up your mind first what you want.

Which Pakistani public are you talking about, west or east of the river?

We have no issues with them, we wish them peace and prosperity as they are our kin and kith, people who we share heritage, history, language with.

We would like same for Pak but not at the cost of Afghanistan or vice versa.
Pakistan is a nation that those who willfully want to be part of it are from any location.
Pakistan is not just a geographic reality but an ideology. So please you be happy with what makes you happy

Last edited by a moderator:
You are confused you wanted to do it, now you say they should try and redo it now, make up your mind first what you want.

Which Pakistani public are you talking about, west or east of the river?

We have no issues with them, we wish them peace and prosperity as they are our kin and kith, people who we share heritage, history, language with.

We would like same for Pak but not at the cost of Afghanistan or vice versa.

Problem with Afghanis like you is they still live in 18th century. Modern nation state is different beast. There is no east or west of indus. Its the state that decide and carry on with its objectives, west of indus can do jack shit. Pakistani state decided in 70’s that they will fock afghanis in a** and thats what is going on since then through various proxies. It will continue to happen till Kabulis stop being ghulam e Hindu and stop sponsoring terrorism in Pakistan.

Pakis
Pakistan is a nation that those who willfully want to be part of it are from any location.
Pakistan is not just a geographic reality but an ideology. So please you be happy with what makes you happy

I am happy, I was a khilji before Islam I am a khilji after Islam, I was a khilji before Pakistan and I am still a khilji, only difference a Muslim khilji a Pakistani khilji but still most importantly a khilji.

So I am what I have always been, and that’s not just a geographic or ethnic reality but an ideology itself.
Problem with Afghanis like you is they still live in 18th century. Modern nation state is different beast. There is no east or west of indus. Its the state that decide and carry on with its objectives, west of indus can do jack shit. Pakistani state decided in 70’s that they will fock afghanis in a** and thats what is going on since then through various proxies. It will continue to happen till Kabulis stop being ghulam e Hindu and stop sponsoring terrorism in Pakistan.

so someone from jungles of Bihar calls me an Afghan, ok thanks if Balochistan is Afghanistan then sure thing that I must be that then.

Ask yourself a question, how many Balochs and Pukhtoons here supported you and your ideas, I am sure there is quite a few of them here, no none?

Smell the coffe.

Back
Top Bottom