What's new

Punjabi Taliban shift focus to Afghanistan

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Punjabi Taliban, an influential militant faction of the Pakistani Taliban on Friday said it would abandon insurgent activity inside the country and redirect its energies towards Afghanistan.

The announcement indicates further fragmentation in the umbrella Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), which suffered a setback Thursday when a new bloc declared its split from the group's official leadership.

“We will confine our practical jihadist role to Afghanistan in view of deteriorating situation in the region and internal situation of Pakistani jihadist movement,” Punjabi Taliban chief Ismatullah Muawiya said in a pamphlet faxed to the media, without clarifying further.

The faction is active in Punjab, Pakistan's wealthiest and most populous province and the political power base of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) party.

Muawiya said the faction will operate in Afghanistan under the guidance of Mullah Omar, the spiritual leader of Afghan Taliban, while its activities in Pakistan will be confined to preaching Islam.

“The announcement is a major setback for the TTP as it shows fragmentation is continuing and the organisation is fracturing,” defence and security analyst Talat Masood told AFP.

“The groups within TTP have not accepted Mullah Fazlullah, which has caused a serious split in the organisation.”

Mullah Fazlullah was elected head of the TTP last November following the killing of Hakimullah Mehsud in a US drone strike.

A new bloc, named the TTP Jamatul Ahrar (freedom fighters group), announced its split from the group Thursday and named Omar Khalid Khorasani as its commander.

Punjabi Taliban shift focus to Afghanistan - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

All created by bloody ISI . this punjahbi taliban is heading towards India's strategic points in afghanistan.

Pakistan doesn't wants peace in afghanistan

All created by bloody ISI . this punjahbi taliban is heading towards India's strategic points in afghanistan.

They are running back to their daddy in Afghanistan. Besides, what strategic points does India have? No cultural or border links. Just want to go there to screw things up. But alas, ISI won't let that happen.

They are running back to their daddy in Afghanistan. Besides, what strategic points does India have? No cultural or border links. Just want to go there to screw things up. But alas, ISI won't let that happen.

That is indeed going to go from bad to worse with pending blow bavks for Pakistan. I hope ANA and ISAF turns them into charcoal.

@Irfan Baloch

Get well soon sir

That is indeed going to go from bad to worse with pending blow bavks for Pakistan. I hope ANA and ISAF turns them into charcoal.

@Irfan Baloch
they have suffered some serious setbacks. this change of heart has been helped with the fact that army's special forces have hit them really hard and I cant just share on open forum how much our recent capabilities have helped in this regard.

the momentum should be kept though, and I pray that this announcement wakes up the Afghan regime from the dream of using these Punjabi taliban against us.

The pig:

image.jpg

Is punjabi taliban as dangerous Afghan one? When I heard the word taliban I automatically picture a big pathan guy.

they have suffered some serious setbacks. this change of heart has been helped with the fact that army's special forces have hit them really hard and I cant just share on open forum how much our recent capabilities have helped in this regard.

the momentum should be kept though, and I pray that this announcement wakes up the Afghan regime from the dream of using these Punjabi taliban against us.
What kind of measures are being taken to secure the border ???

I think, it is just to divert the PA attention and to ease public pressure also

Sir, what about top TTP leadership? We need to eliminate the big heads some how.

RAW is pulling out it strategic assets out of Pakistan . Pulling them back into the safety of Afghanistan. Indian consulate all along pak/afg border weren't there to accommodate business and visa services or promote peace .They were obviously there for training and financing terrorist.Them moving back is making you upset.

Last edited:
I think, it is just to divert the PA attention and to ease public pressure also

Sir, what about top TTP leadership? We need to eliminate the big heads some how.
indeed we do but their top leaders are guests of Afghan intelligence in Kunar and Nooristan. so we might need to make incursions and take them out there

What kind of measures are being taken to secure the border ???
border cant be secured even if Afghan regime starts to cooperate. securing border is a passive measure and only a preventative method.

real solution is to hunt them down along our side and across the border. the terrain and the length of the borer doesnt help at all ..if the entire army is deployed even then it wont guarantee 100% success against infiltration.

Back
Top Bottom