What's new

Punjab Police to buy 5000 M4 Assault Rifles

@RescueRanger @balixd well no point in wasting your energies. If @Zarvan sahib thinks our police should do frogman course and get submarines, NO AMOUNT OF LOGIC can make him change his mind.

Courses at Pabbi, LCB training, equipment for EVERY policeman, things that are not possible, not required, not feasible but who cares about logic anyway.

Theek ha bahi, bna do paratropper sary gulu button ko. Sanu ke tay twanu ke??
No but a assault Rifle and HandGun with good BP vest is what I am asking for and your PoliceMan are already carrying AK I visited Police Station yesterday and every one of them had AK so just replace them with better ones most likely 5.56 Caliber Assault Rifles. We are not living in UK and we would have major issues like massively armed robbers and others for that we need good well equipped Police Force until and unless you think they deserve to die and should not have a good fighting chance which I am not interested in seeing happening

policeman-i-assault-rifle.gif

pic_1476452358_1.jpg

This is already How Police is just get new ones and add BP vests @Arsalan

if properly and transparently implemented this will remove extra burden from our army and they will focus on borders

if properly and transparently implemented this will remove extra burden from our army and they will focus on borders
The list you "submitted" earlier was a bit longer than this as far as i can remember (or see on the last page for that matter)

Those Type 56 rifles look straight out of 1956. But in policing these things don't really matter. It's the training of the officers and a strong justice system that prevents crime in the first place that matters. Beyond that the armed forces should play a prominent counter terror role and make policing easier for the officers. The people should feed intelligence that it gathers from the street to the military. Improve agency cooperation and corruption should be stamped out before overhauling the equipment.

Zarvan you think training at Pabbi will sort out all your problems with Policing??
The course done at EPTS (Elite Police Training Center) is efficient enough......ask @RescueRanger and he will provide you with a long list of achievements ...... CTD marksmen are on par with SSG, however the need of the hour is not the training (it comes second), it is the culture and system that needs to be changed ...... as I have said in my earlier posts there are certain steps that are being taken, and it will be a bit more time till it bear fruits.....but we need some rapid reforms, rooting out of the old baba g types.....let me give you an example......
I went to a Govt office this morning, the Front Desk staff failed to facilitate me and i asked to see superior .......that meant i was to meet Deputy Director BPS 18, one should expect Deputy Director to behave like a Deputy, be mature in his conduct, disciplined......the baba g was probably and Ranker, he was rude, failed to understand my problem and facilitate me accordingly.....i left his office and went straight to Director General.....the Gentleman there even being younger than DD, was dressed adequately and conducted himself appropriately.....he listened to me as one would expect from a Civil Servant, facilitated me through the process......
that is what we require in all Govt departments......a Police Officer stops you at the signal, the first thing he is going to do is address you as if you are his "Masair" or "Puttar" , which to me is personally absurd......the next thinghe speaks out of his mouth is " Ghagaz leh k aa" ...... without even giving in any reason for stopping me in first place........it is this conduct that needs to be addressed first......then comes the CTD training, AK bla bla bla
No but a assault Rifle and HandGun with good BP vest is what I am asking for and your PoliceMan are already carrying AK I visited Police Station yesterday and every one of them had AK so just replace them with better ones most likely 5.56 Caliber Assault Rifles. We are not living in UK and we would have major issues like massively armed robbers and others for that we need good well equipped Police Force until and unless you think they deserve to die and should not have a good fighting chance which I am not interested in seeing happening

pic_1476452358_1.jpg

"Masair" or "Puttar" , which to me is personally absurd......the next thinghe speaks out of his mouth is " Ghagaz leh k aa" ...... without even giving in any reason for stopping me in first place........it is this conduct that needs to be addressed first

Exactly, this is exactly the kind of thing SSP Dr. Azam Taimuri and SSP Zubair Hashmi worked to change in Islamabad Police:

Zarvan you think training at Pabbi will sort out all your problems with Policing??
The course done at EPTS (Elite Police Training Center) is efficient enough......ask @RescueRanger and he will provide you with a long list of achievements ...... CTD marksmen are on par with SSG, however the need of the hour is not the training (it comes second), it is the culture and system that needs to be changed ...... as I have said in my earlier posts there are certain steps that are being taken, and it will be a bit more time till it bear fruits.....but we need some rapid reforms, rooting out of the old baba g types.....let me give you an example......
I went to a Govt office this morning, the Front Desk staff failed to facilitate me and i asked to see superior .......that meant i was to meet Deputy Director BPS 18, one should expect Deputy Director to behave like a Deputy, be mature in his conduct, disciplined......the baba g was probably and Ranker, he was rude, failed to understand my problem and facilitate me accordingly.....i left his office and went straight to Director General.....the Gentleman there even being younger than DD, was dressed adequately and conducted himself appropriately.....he listened to me as one would expect from a Civil Servant, facilitated me through the process......
that is what we require in all Govt departments......a Police Officer stops you at the signal, the first thing he is going to do is address you as if you are his "Masair" or "Puttar" , which to me is personally absurd......the next thinghe speaks out of his mouth is " Ghagaz leh k aa" ...... without even giving in any reason for stopping me in first place........it is this conduct that needs to be addressed first......then comes the CTD training, AK bla bla bla
Sir the problem you are talking about are also not going to get resolved by not getting them trained in courses like pabbi because those problems have nothing to do with Police. That has to do with corrupt thugs ruling us I mean PML N mafia and and PPP and MQM. Sir so not arming Police won't also not solve that issue Sir. Political interference is the issue which also leads to corruption, but issue is along with corrupt leaders we are also facing terrorism and heavily equipped robbers and criminals. And all these retards not only go after Army but also kill PoliceMan and in fact few thousand of have died by thier hands so far, now if you think unarming or only handguns is enough than better end Police Force and just increase size of Army and give them duty of Policing also.

I know about the issues with Police I am not deaf and dumb but sorry not arming them or just handguns would also not change that. And I also demand retraining and requiping IB and FIA and Special Branch of every province with cyber wings and forensic labs and also finally changing entire criminal and judical system.

pic_1476452358_1.jpg

Do you know why 56 and SMG 47 are used by police? Minimal gas parts to repair, do you even know how annoying it is to maintain an M4 or similar carbine? Secondly 7.62 caliber is widely used caliber in Pakistan produced by POF and used by PA, PN, PAF, ANF, PHMP, Coast Guard and Police. It's logistically easier.

Armorers in Pakistan are more familiar with AK47 / SMG 47 maintenance. There are a handful or armorers that are trained and certified to service and maintain M4/Armalite/Bushmaster!

Last edited:
Do you know why 56 and SMG 47 are used by police? Minimal gas parts to repair, do you even know how annoying it is to maintain an M4 or similar carbine? Secondly 7.62 caliber is widely used caliber in Pakistan produced by POF and used by PA, PN, PAF, ANF, PHMP, Coast Guard and Police. It's logistically easier.

Secondly armorers in Pakistan are more familiar with AK47 / SMG 47 maintenance. There are a handful or armourers that are trained and certified to service and maintain M4/Armalite/Bushmaster!
Their are new versions of AK which are in market like these

upload_2017-11-22_1-29-30.jpeg

Their are new versions of AK which are in market like these

View attachment 438537

And where is the budget going to come from? Look I appreciate you want to have Pakistani police appear modern, professional and look the part. But there is more to a modernization drive than just buying shiny new toys:

1. Budget = Where is the budget for all this?
Sindh Government spent 2Billion Rupees to set up SSU: Rs2b splurge by Sindh police weighs heavily on its officers – The Express Tribune
3. Punjab Police Elite Force Budget for 2014-2015: is a paltry Rs892.374 million : Punjab budget 2014-15: Police, Rescue and Prisons – The Express Tribune

Now consider the following:
SINDH

Population of Karachi 23.5 million Estimated
Land Mass: 3,527 sq km
SSU Strength: 1,435

PUNJAB
Population of Punjab: 80 Million Estimated
Land Mass: 79,284 sq mi
Elite Police Force (Punjab) Strength : 5,775
Budget: 892 Million ( Just for Elite Force, Punjab Police has a separate budget of Rs81.68 billion)

ISLAMABAD
Population of Islamabad 2 Million
Land Mass: 906 sq. km
ATS/CRT: *Reserved
Bravo Commando Strength:1500
Budget 4Billion rupees ( This budget is for the whole of Islamabad Police, not just for ATS)

In this amount the police have to pay for buildings, maintenance, salaries, medicals, vehicles, fuel, uniforms, stationary, admin, misc costs!

2. Modernization starts with your internal systems: Only 2 out of the 5 police services in Pakistan have ISO certification. Our aim should be to modernize our systems, SOPs, Policies and processess and these take time.

3. Counter Terrorism and Armed response is a very small part of policing, but sadly in Pakistan its what people want to see more of, there are more important things like Forensics, Intelligence, Child and Adult Protection, Human Rights, Sexual Exploitation, Human Trafficking, Traffic Enforcement, Fraud Prevention.

4. Punjab Police and Sindh Police are investing in modernization:
https://www.dawn.com/news/1353097

Please give it time, things are not as easy as 1/2/3.

And where is the budget going to come from? Look I appreciate you want to have Pakistani police appear modern, professional and look the part. But there is more to a modernization drive than just buying shiny new toys:

Sindh Government spent 2Billion Rupees to set up SSU: Rs2b splurge by Sindh police weighs heavily on its officers – The Express Tribune
3. Punjab Police Elite Force Budget for 2014-2015: is a paltry Rs892.374 million : Punjab budget 2014-15: Police, Rescue and Prisons – The Express Tribune

SINDH

PUNJAB
Budget: 892 Million ( Just for Elite Force, Punjab Police has a separate budget of Rs81.68 billion)

ISLAMABAD
Budget 4Billion rupees ( This budget is for the whole of Islamabad Police, not just for ATS)

In this amount the police have to pay for buildings, maintenance, salaries, medicals, vehicles, fuel, uniforms, stationary, admin, misc costs!

2. Modernization starts with your internal systems: Only 2 out of the 5 police services in Pakistan have ISO certification. Our aim should be to modernize our systems, SOPs, Policies and processess and these take time.

3. Counter Terrorism and Armed response is a very small part of policing, but sadly in Pakistan its what people want to see more of, there are more important things like Forensics, Intelligence, Child and Adult Protection, Human Rights, Sexual Exploitation, Human Trafficking, Traffic Enforcement, Fraud Prevention.

When I said do it in one year start slow but start the process

A closer look at the Kalashnikov AK-100M Series (TFB unique pictures)

11AK-10XM-660x238.jpg

The Firearm Blog is proud to present a line of unique pictures of the new and improved Kalashnikov AK-100M series.

The AK-100M is the modernized version of the AK-100, with the obvious addition of the “M” in the name.

It’s interesting to see some of the modifications I personally did to my AK (albeit a Shotgun, to make it more ergonomic and better to shoot) many years ago now find their way to production rifles. And I don’t claim to have been the first to have used those parts or modifications, far from.

The AK-100M Series

Kalashnikov have taken some of the improvements that came about in connection with the development of the AK-12. The AK-12 is similar to an improved AK-74M, although it is a new production with better quality.

Some of the “M” improvements are:

• Rails and Picatinny.
• Rigid, dust cover with optical orientation rail etc. Note, however, that you still have a short line of sight for the irons.
• Ergonomic grip• New adjustable stock. I’m told you can get height adjustment too.

• New flash hider
• Price about 1000 US Dollar

• Most spare parts for the old AK-100 can still be used with M models (which is not the case with the AK-12 in relation to the AK-74M.)

Caliber wise, here’s a list of how each model is chambered.

In short the AK-101M and -102M are 5,56×45 mm.

The AK-103M and -104M are 7,62х39 mm.

The AK-105M is 5,45х39 mm.

Below: Top is AK101M in 5,56×45 mm. You can compare the 101M to the AK-101 here.

1AK-10XM_resize-5.jpg

Below: AK101M in 5,56×45 mm. Magazine latch clearly visible.

1AK-10XM_resize-11.jpg

Below: AK101M in 5,56×45 mm. The magazine is fairly straight. Note the side “rail” on the front grip, I’m not sure what it’s for? It looks like a sling attachment.

1AK-10XM_resize-12.jpg

Below: AK103M in 7,62×39 mm and grenade launcher. Banana magazine. You can check the AK-103 here.

1AK-10XM_resize-2.jpg

Below: AK103M in 7,62×39 mm and grenade launcher. Note the possible sling attachment.

1AK-10XM_resize-3.jpg

Below: AK103M in 7,62×39 mm and grenade launcher

1AK-10XM_resize-4.jpg

Below: The AK105M in 5,45х39 mm. Note the magazine which has windows and numbered 10, 15, 20 until 30.

AK-10XM-7.jpg

Below: The AK105M in 5,45х39 mm.

1AK-10XM_resize-1.jpg

Below: AK105M in 5,45×39 mm

1AK-10XM_resize-7.jpg

Below: AK105M in 5,45×39 mm. Note the EOTech. Still, the line of sight with the irons remain unchanged.

1AK-10XM_resize-8.jpg

Below: AK105M in 5,45×39 mm. Note the numbers that indicate the stock’s extension.

1AK-10XM_resize-9.jpg

Below: AK105M in 5,45×39 mm

1AK-10XM_resize-10.jpg

To compare versus the 105M, you can check the AK105 here.

Many thanks to our secret photographer for all help, used with permission.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...lashnikov-ak-100m-series-tfb-unique-pictures/

And where is the budget going to -----------------------------------

BUDGET?
AGAIN!!!!

Dont you know, have NOBODY TOLD YOU THIS? Money is not an issue bhai jan. Paisa ka tu masla ha he nahi zra sa bhe Pakistan k lea.

Sir the mentality you are trying to argue with is such that it wont EVER put first things first. Once an opinion and point of view is formed, NOTHING can change that. The reality of economy being in shambles and Pakistan as a country staring at default situation have NO effect on our "wish lists"

That is why you will see an intelligent posts with facts and figures as below ignored just like it have been, replied by non relevant trash and blabbering the same old points like a broken record rather than arguing with logic and sorting out the questions you raised about the annual spending and budget of the forces compared to costs of any such project as being "WISHED"

SINDH

PUNJAB

ISLAMABAD

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom