What's new

Punjab Health Minister calls Pakistanis illiterate and ignorant, says Lahoris are 'weird creatures'

Ghar walay tang Tor ka hath main bhi pkra daitay hain. Vote Lahore sa minister na lainay agar lahoris ko bura lga to uska apna nuqsan ha

ye to Covid19 primary or secondary health me ata hi nahi jo Yasmeen Bibi kuch kar saken..

baqi kal ko Kasur wale uth ke bolenge ke Lahoris ko na anay do wo dangar hote hain to phir kokn masla hal karega? larrne denge?

FAKE NEWS ALERT: Punjab Health Minister calls Pakistanis illiterate,says Lahoris are weird creatures

These are the excuses a government official is presenting for doing nothing? That people don't listen to them? That there are conspiracy theories going around? That if they enforce stricter measures then the people will complain? "Ab hum ne dobarah apnay oopar zimawari le li hai". Tumne zimawari chori kaisay? Bibi, what are you in the government for? Exactly what have you done?

What troop of self-serving halfwits is ruling this country?

Last edited:
PTI ministers have a habit of making such statements.

They clearly follow the same path their leader chose for them. This innate contempt of the masses is why this fascist party borne out of political justice slogan came about.

2 kuttay bhayyon na milkar sab tabah kiya itnay saal aur unko itna acha administrator kaha ja rha ha.

vote kia afghani daal jatay the? abhi to aap is baat per bazid thi kay hukumraan ka jo marzi ho kare.

ye churriyaaan aapki pehnai hain.

ab aap inhe tor den ya pehen len.

sannu effing ki !!

But she’s right. :cry:

I agree with you. Quoting Hassan Nisaar, " Baat to such hai magar baat hai ruswaie key" This is from a verse of Parveen Shakir which means that even though it is insulting, it is a fact.

I have passed my childhood and early youth in a village in Punjab, whether one agrees or not, the fact remains that Joe public in Pakistan, including many educated ones; is naive, unruly, intolerant and ignorant of what is happening in the world around us. What can one expect from the population who never even learnt to form a 'Que'? Truth is always bitter.

However, the 'Elite' is equally culpable; no one in the successive gov't seriously endeavored to educate the so-called 'Awaam'.

Exactly, they vote for Bhutto two times, two times for benazir,once for pro musharaf pml Q,once for asif zardari. Also once junejo become the prime minister( in a non party base elections 1985). Nawaz sharif is the only punjabi who got the votes from them in entire Pakistani history. And now the imran khan got the vote from them.
Health minister was refused by these lahori people thrice, so that's the reason behind her criticism. Thanks
I think in this regard its not all true punjabi's have voted for Bhutto and Imran khan.

I agree with you. Quoting Hassan Nisaar, " Baat to such hai magar baat hai ruswaie key" This is from a verse of Parveen Shakir which means that even though it is insulting, it is a fact.

I have passed my childhood and early youth in a village in Punjab, whether one agrees or not, the fact remains that Joe public in Pakistan, including many educated ones; is naive, unruly, intolerant and ignorant of what is happening in the world around us. What can one expect from the population who never even learnt to form a 'Que'? Truth is always bitter.

However, the 'Elite' is equally culpable; no one in the successive gov't seriously endeavored to educate the so-called 'Awaam'.

I have mixed feelings on my end on this subject. I completely agree that some section of Pakistani awaam are largely incapable of understanding most SOPs let alone implementing them correctly. The rest are less ignorant but seem just as unwilling. The former to me seems more unique to poorer countries like Pakistan, whereas the latter is even observed here in the UK among some. The latter needs to be properly policed during a pandemic, the former additionally needs to be educated as well as possible.

At the same time, such defeatist language and blaming coming from the government isn't useful. This government was reluctant to lock down, then when it did happened or their hand was forced by the situation, it only lasted until the economic pressure and political pressure internally became too much, and now we had an unmanaged post-lockdown period. You and I can see here in the UK how the government is managing the drawing down of lockdown, one step at a time, carefully, ensuring SOPs are implemented. Reducing lockdown easing where there are warning signs. Meanwhile Pakistan had an abrupt end, that too before WHO judged that Pakistan had the spread under control.

I judged earlier when this thing became officially a pandemic that Pakistan had very little hope of containing such an invective virus with a very high R0, before a calamitous outbreak forced them to become serious. Keeping one's distance, not touching your face, keeping hands cleaned and not touching surfaces, wearing masks and eye protection. Forget lockdown, even these basic personal prevention measures seem impossible to enforce in Pakistan. Also, anyone saying Lahoris are uniquely incapable of enforcing SOPs or ignorant, I have a bridge to sell you, take any city in Pakistan, small or big, the situation is probably the same if not worse.

Back
Top Bottom