What's new

Punjab govt to bear electricity cost of households consuming 100 units

Just one fan two lights and a tv, no fridge, no water pump. I know hundreds of such households.
Where? In your Patwarkhana?

I don't know about Pakistan but in 🇮🇳 there are literally millions who consume less than 100 units of electricity per month.
For your info.100 units is enough to run 3 ceiling fans , 5 tube lights. a small refrigerator and couple of small kitchen appliances.
We have similar scheme in many states where u pay no charges upto 100 units.
So Indian Patwaris are happy then

I am honestly surprised, or rather worried, about the intellectual capacity of people who actually fall for these sort of statements.

If you want to support N league, sure, go ahead by all means, they might do some good things too.

But how the heck can you really fall for this stuff?

People who fall for these statements have less wrinkles in their brain than on their forehead! Thori so to apni aqal ko hath maro yar.

Supplying free electricity to half the population on Punjab? So half the population of Punjab consumes less than 100 units a month? Are you kidding me?

Then 100 unit families get a relief? I am willing to bet that less than 5% of people use less than 100 units a month, and that is being gracious.

And finally, IK 42 billion subsidy main nikalay (which holds back inflation and increased costs), and that's bringing us to default, but this 100 billion subsidy isn't?

Finally, and I might be wrong on this one, but how can Punjab government give a subsidy on electricity? Aren't the DISCOs independent companies? Moreover, they buy electricity from CPPA on the rate which NEPRA sets, where does Punjab government come into this?
Most of people who use kunda use less then 100 units

Most of people who use kunda use less then 100 units

Give them free electricity then from government expense. It will be legal and poor will get some transfer of wealth from rich. But here is a problem, rich is quickly moving to solar power with net metering. Meaning they will not even use 100 units from WAPDA and may give more in return.

Which is why govt should collect more income tax instead of wasting time but that doesn't seem likely because of elite capture of state. I mean if rich house owner in DHA with solar panel is using less then 100 units officially it means he will get free electricity? thats blatant subsidy should be stopped once for all. Only targeted subsidy.

pakistan populatiom is 22 crore, while in india its 122 crore or more so yeah there may be.

For your info, there are tons of guys in india even in Pakistan who sleep on streets so no house hence no 100 units.
Since per capita usage of electricity in Pakistan is lower than India, I am assuming there are millions in your country who will benefit from this initiative.

Since per capita usage of electricity in Pakistan is lower than India, I am assuming there are millions in your country who will benefit from this initiative.
Yeah sure empty plot where a guy plot caretaker sleeping in open roof on charpai with padestral fan place in front of him

1657042500701.png

@RealNapster

Nappy Pai,

It is a case of ek anaar sau bimaar. Pak is going through a financial crunch and must ration its assistance to those who need it most- i.e. the really poor.

Regards

First I challenge government to find someone who use less then 100 units electricity per month.

As per NEPRA State of Industry Report 2021 there 18.5 million domestic consumer in Punjab, 15% of them are using less than 100 units.

GEPCO
3387411​
LESCO
4688342​
FESCO
4081137​
MEPCO
6415415​
Total

State of Industry Report 2021 - NEPRA

https://nepra.org.pk/publications/State of Industry Reports/State of Industry Report 2021.pdf
Here are some examples
https://twitter.com/Muhammad11166/status/1544219626187399168

Now I am 100% sure your are a retard with zero brain cells left. In this summer season when temperature even touched 50 degree celcius, you expect people to still keep using below 100 units ? I explained in my previous post that it's not possible to find such individuals in these times. But I think you are facing comprehension issues too. Good luck with that

Yeah sure empty plot where a guy plot caretaker sleeping in open roof on charpai with padestral fan place in front of him

150,000 just in Lahore alone 😔

Will lead to electricity theft. People will use kunda to keep their consumption below 100 units. Local electricity company workers will happily oblige them considering how this govt has taken away their own free electricity.

@maithil

Local electricity company workers will happily oblige them considering how this govt has taken away their own free electricity.

The lineman will take his cut of course- at the bare minimum it must cover the additional amount he has to shell out.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom