What's new

Punjab govt to bear electricity cost of households consuming 100 units

PTI were getting bashed for subsidies and now when the imported government does it, it’s okay?

Some points to ponder
- Who uses 100 units?
- Household that use less than 100 units are probably households that are involved in electricity theft. So they are the only beneficiaries here.

This is targeted subsidy for poor consumers while Imran Khan was giving subsidy to all including billionaires. So Imran Khan wohi he jo aap ne likha
Imran Khan gave targeted subsidy during Covid crisis. He gave 12000 Rs per family. But did Patwaris endorse it? Absolutely not!

Which poor consume 100 units ? You must be retard to think that it's possible for someone to just use 3.33 units of electricity each day when in this summer heard you need a fan ON 24/7 to just make things bearable.

Also, it's the same idiocracy that those who earn below 40,000 needs assistance but those earning 1 Rs above 50,000 needs to pay taxes... In these hardships middle class is the one facing the major problem, our middle class is falling towards poverty. And no middle class house use below 100 unit. Here is a basic math and common sense situation for you.

You have 10 million Poor's so you give them assistance in form of cash. But your middle class is severely effected by inflation so you keep adding hundreds of thousands middle class families to believe w poverty line group. So next thing you do is now give 15 million Poor's assistance as you just turned 5 million middle class into Poor's. You see the problem here ? It's not recommended to always prefer below poverty when provide assistance, middle class needs 2-3 ruppee per unit subsidy, it's still low then giving someone 100 units free while each unit cost 22 Rs.

I hope you have the brain cells to comprehend this and understand whats wrong with this scheme.
good thing there is no target at all

کیا کسی کو وہ گھر ملا جس کا چھے ماہ سے 100 یونٹ سے کم بل آ رہا تھا

As per NEPRA State of Industry Report 2021 there 18.5 million domestic consumer in Punjab, 15% of them are using less than 100 units.

GEPCO
3387411​
LESCO
4688342​
FESCO
4081137​
MEPCO
6415415​
Total

State of Industry Report 2021 - NEPRA

https://nepra.org.pk/publications/State of Industry Reports/State of Industry Report 2021.pdf
Here are some examples
https://twitter.com/Muhammad11166/status/1544219626187399168

As per NEPRA State of Industry Report 2021 there 18.5 million domestic consumer in Punjab, 15% of them are using less than 100 units.

GEPCO
3387411​
LESCO
4688342​
FESCO
4081137​
MEPCO
6415415​
Total

State of Industry Report 2021 - NEPRA

https://nepra.org.pk/publications/State of Industry Reports/State of Industry Report 2021.pdf
Here are some examples
https://twitter.com/Muhammad11166/status/1544219626187399168
dude this is 2022-2023 there is no one i could find and even i think just 1% left with 100 units meaning running 1 fan and 1 fridge will give you more than 3 units per day or around it

So this 100 unit is for empty house with no family i guess.

I myself tested this. ran 3 fans and 1 fridge, 2 lights and meter reading was 7 units.

Try yourself and let us know

Relief is given when you have excess money

Where's the excess money? Nowhere
So more debt for more relief

Sri Lanka raja paksa family 2.0

Thaey have taken back subsidy of almost Rs. 350 billion from electricity consumers and giving them a subsidy of Rs.80 billion to 100 billion. Rs.5/unit subsidy for everyone was costing almost Rs.30 billion/month while this is targeted subsidy.

dude this is 2022-2023 there is no one i could find and even i think just 1% left with 100 units meaning running 1 fan and 1 fridge will give you more than 3 units per day or around it

So this 100 unit is for empty house with no family i guess.

I myself tested this. ran 3 fans and 1 fridge, 2 lights and meter reading was 7 units.

Try yourself and let us know

Just one fan two lights and a tv, no fridge, no water pump. I know hundreds of such households.

Thaey have taken back subsidy of almost Rs. 350 billion from electricity consumers and giving them a subsidy of Rs.80 billion to 100 billion. Rs.5/unit subsidy for everyone was costing almost Rs.30 billion/month while this is targeted subsidy.
They have taken back subsidy from industry and given it to regular people?

Who brings in $ exporters or Saleem bhai owner of local karayana store?

I am honestly surprised, or rather worried, about the intellectual capacity of people who actually fall for these sort of statements.

If you want to support N league, sure, go ahead by all means, they might do some good things too.

But how the heck can you really fall for this stuff?

People who fall for these statements have less wrinkles in their brain than on their forehead! Thori so to apni aqal ko hath maro yar.

Supplying free electricity to half the population on Punjab? So half the population of Punjab consumes less than 100 units a month? Are you kidding me?

Then 100 unit families get a relief? I am willing to bet that less than 5% of people use less than 100 units a month, and that is being gracious.

And finally, IK 42 billion subsidy main nikalay (which holds back inflation and increased costs), and that's bringing us to default, but this 100 billion subsidy isn't?

Finally, and I might be wrong on this one, but how can Punjab government give a subsidy on electricity? Aren't the DISCOs independent companies? Moreover, they buy electricity from CPPA on the rate which NEPRA sets, where does Punjab government come into this?
you are waking up, it seems like many majay, gamay n chedday are waking up to.

aur solar panel salman shahbaz ki company se lei kar arbo banaey ge lol

mazak kara hai awam ke sath pmln mei sab brain dead hai kia

per day 3.3 unit use karo tou month ka 99 unit banta hai. Aesa kaun sa ghar hai jo 3.3 unit use karta hoga per day? UK beth kar OP satiya gaya hai lol
I don't know about Pakistan but in 🇮🇳 there are literally millions who consume less than 100 units of electricity per month.
For your info.100 units is enough to run 3 ceiling fans , 5 tube lights. a small refrigerator and couple of small kitchen appliances.
We have similar scheme in many states where u pay no charges upto 100 units.

I don't know about Pakistan but in 🇮🇳 there are literally millions who consume less than 100 units of electricity per month.
For your info.100 units is enough to run 3 ceiling fans , 5 tube lights. a small refrigerator and couple of small kitchen appliances.
We have similar scheme in many states where u pay no charges upto 100 units.
pakistan populatiom is 22 crore, while in india its 122 crore or more so yeah there may be.

For your info, there are tons of guys in india even in Pakistan who sleep on streets so no house hence no 100 units.

Back
Top Bottom