What's new

Punjab govt to bear electricity cost of households consuming 100 units

@Jango

Jango bhai,

I am willing to bet that less than 5% of people use less than 100 units a month, and that is being gracious.

IMHO any family which uses more than 200 units a month should be considered middle class and no relief should be given here. 100 I agree is a bit low. But subsidy for users who use upto 200 units is doable.

but how can Punjab government give a subsidy on electricity? Aren't the DISCOs independent companies? Moreover, they buy electricity from CPPA on the rate which NEPRA sets,

The GOP will give subsidy to the discoms, which purchase power from CPPA at NEPRA rates. The subsidy will be passed onto the consumers by way of lower tariffs.

Regards

PMLN the copy paste government

Copy AAP of Arvind Kejriwal this time

This is targeted subsidy for poor consumers while Imran Khan was giving subsidy to all including billionaires. So Imran Khan wohi he jo aap ne likha
good thing there is no target at all

کیا کسی کو وہ گھر ملا جس کا چھے ماہ سے 100 یونٹ سے کم بل آ رہا تھا

This is targeted subsidy for poor consumers while Imran Khan was giving subsidy to all including billionaires. So Imran Khan wohi he jo aap ne likha

Which poor consume 100 units ? You must be retard to think that it's possible for someone to just use 3.33 units of electricity each day when in this summer heard you need a fan ON 24/7 to just make things bearable.

Also, it's the same idiocracy that those who earn below 40,000 needs assistance but those earning 1 Rs above 50,000 needs to pay taxes... In these hardships middle class is the one facing the major problem, our middle class is falling towards poverty. And no middle class house use below 100 unit. Here is a basic math and common sense situation for you.

You have 10 million Poor's so you give them assistance in form of cash. But your middle class is severely effected by inflation so you keep adding hundreds of thousands middle class families to believe w poverty line group. So next thing you do is now give 15 million Poor's assistance as you just turned 5 million middle class into Poor's. You see the problem here ? It's not recommended to always prefer below poverty when provide assistance, middle class needs 2-3 ruppee per unit subsidy, it's still low then giving someone 100 units free while each unit cost 22 Rs.

I hope you have the brain cells to comprehend this and understand whats wrong with this scheme.

@RealNapster

Nappy Pai,

It is a case of ek anaar sau bimaar. Pak is going through a financial crunch and must ration its assistance to those who need it most- i.e. the really poor.

Regards

I am honestly surprised, or rather worried, about the intellectual capacity of people who actually fall for these sort of statements.

If you want to support N league, sure, go ahead by all means, they might do some good things too.

But how the heck can you really fall for this stuff?

People who fall for these statements have less wrinkles in their brain than on their forehead! Thori so to apni aqal ko hath maro yar.

Supplying free electricity to half the population on Punjab? So half the population of Punjab consumes less than 100 units a month? Are you kidding me?

Then 100 unit families get a relief? I am willing to bet that less than 5% of people use less than 100 units a month, and that is being gracious.

And finally, IK 42 billion subsidy main nikalay (which holds back inflation and increased costs), and that's bringing us to default, but this 100 billion subsidy isn't?

Finally, and I might be wrong on this one, but how can Punjab government give a subsidy on electricity? Aren't the DISCOs independent companies? Moreover, they buy electricity from CPPA on the rate which NEPRA sets, where does Punjab government come into this?
He is following the legacy of sharif family. They are masters of corruption and kickbacks.
This is probably another project of organized corruption. They will take their share in that 100 billion allocated budget. Will favour their own people for those solar panels and in return get financial favors. And ultimately there is hardly any household which consumes 100 units a month.

I am honestly surprised, or rather worried, about the intellectual capacity of people who actually fall for these sort of statements.
Wait, you don't know any Patwaris of PDF? They are no different than the ones that vote Sharif mafia @FOOLS_NIGHTMARE @Tameem @muhammadhafeezmalik

If you want to support N league, sure, go ahead by all means, they might do some good things too.

But how the heck can you really fall for this stuff?
Something good by PMLN is exactly this kind of stuff. Honestly don't you know their history?

People who fall for these statements have less wrinkles in their brain than on their forehead! Thori so to apni aqal ko hath maro yar.
Patwaris have outsourced their thinking abilities to their corrupt leaders. They chant Sher Sher when they get 100 units free electricity but start barking on any subsidy given by ex PM Imran Khan

And finally, IK 42 billion subsidy main nikalay (which holds back inflation and increased costs), and that's bringing us to default, but this 100 billion subsidy isn't?
Patwaris are not trained for logical and rational political debates. They are trained to obey any bullshit coming from their corrupt leaders

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom