What's new

Punjab govt to bear electricity cost of households consuming 100 units

First I challenge government to find someone who use less then 100 units electricity per month.

Now I am 100% sure your are a retard with zero brain cells left. In this summer season when temperature even touched 50 degree celcius, you expect people to still keep using below 100 units ? I explained in my previous post that it's not possible to find such individuals in these times. But I think you are facing comprehension issues too. Good luck with that

I have showed you actual bills which you can verify with MEPCO website. What else you need??

View attachment 859101
Punjab Chief Minister Hamza Shahbaz has said the provincial government will bear the power cost of households that consume up to 100 units of electricity in a month.

Addressing a press conference on Monday in Lahore, he said the government has set aside Rs100 billion for the relief program that will benefit at least nine million households.

The program will apply to households that consumed up to 100 units per month in last six months, the chief minister added.

Shahbaz recalled how he went to jail for the first time during his days at the Government College in Lahore.

The incumbent Punjab CM called out to save the public from inflation and improve the country’s economy.

“When PML-N government completed its tenure in 2018, wasn’t the growth rate above 5%?” he questioned.

Taking a jibe at former prime minister Imran Khan, Hamza said he would not make statements like he will commit suicide if he has to go to the IMF.

He told the media that the public is tired of hearing the same old slogans of thieves and dacoits. “The public just wants relief somehow.”

Hamza went on to say that for the past three months, political gimmicks have been doing the rounds on social media. “My journey has been filled with the law and constitutional crisis,” he said. “Sometimes the chief minister’s election is adjourned three to four times. Then there is an attack on the deputy speaker while the President keeps rejecting summaries.”
Good job
Finally govt is able to control IMF which PTI failed to do

Susbsidy shouldnt be issue since we dont have electricity for 20hrs

@RealNapster

Nappy Pai,

First I challenge government to find someone who use less then 100 units electricity per month.

Hafeez sb (@muhammadhafeezmalik) has already established that 15% of users use less than 100 units of power.

Regards

That data is of 2021 and we don't know which month.

This list will also include those businesses and houses which use solar systems to generate whole of electricity requirement and use wapda electricity is night time or when there is no sun. They also have less then 100 units at the end of the month.but I am sure they are also "poor" in need of considerations and assistance. Middle class jay bhaar me.

Aap log pora comment party nni ho, or aik point pe reply de jaty ho.. Bhai middle class turning into lower middle and poor class, is pe itna detail me lika mene Kay how they are the one who are in dire need of assistance instead of "already poor". But mi wo to parna he ni Hy na, ... Selective comprehension.

I have showed you actual bills which you can verify with MEPCO website. What else you need??

I need you to use your brain. But, if you got none, I won't insist.

You're asking a patwari to use brain while:

1657091497291.png

Public in Punjab see CM’s package a major relief​

9m consumers to benefit from this package costing govt Rs7b per month n PEPCO MD lauds govt’s initiative for relief to low income strata

LAHORE – Punjab Chief Minister Hamza Shahbaz has announced that the provincial government will bear the electricity expenses of those consumers who use up to 100 units of electricity per month with the intention to provide relief to poor segment of the society.

According to the provincial government, for the implementation of this program, it has allocated Rs100 billion, which will benefit 9 million households across Punjab.

Chief Minister Hamza Shahbaz has termed it the “major relief package in the history of Pakistan’’ as it will provide a respite to the poor families in times of current difficult economic conditions.

The Punjab government will pay bills, taxes and duties on behalf of the consumers using up to 100 units of electricity per month under the “Punjab CM Roshan Gharana Program. Statistics from the power distribution companies reveal that during the month of May, 4.1 million households consumed up to 100 units while consumers have used 1.9 million units worth of 31.9 billion.

According to the government figures, if 9 million lifeline users consume 100 electricity units per month, they will be using 900 million units every month. With an average cost of Rs 7.74 per unit for targeted consumers, the total monthly monetary burden for the provincial kitty would be around Rs 7 billion.

In the light of the recent Punjab government decision The Nation got views of various citizens on the subject.

“God willing, this is a very good initiative by the Punjab government. The poor will benefit from it,” said Malik Faiz, a resident of Dharampura.

Expressing the hope, Faiz added, may Allah grant this incumbent government strength and ability to make more decisions that are in favour of the poor.

Farhan Ahmad from Mazang believes that this step will prove to be a great respite for poor families diring the present high inflation. Thanks to free electricity initiative from the Punjab government, the poor families can spend this saved money on their other essential needs such as grocery, education, health, etc. After the expulsion of electricity bill from the poor families’ monthly expenses, they will be able to come out poverty, she maintained. A rikshaw driver Usman Azeem while appreciating the decision, shared his thoughts with The Nation and said, after hearing the news he felt very happy as this initiative will help in minimizing the impact on inflation on poor families like his. Adding to this, Azeem said, this is paramount announcement for daily labourer like him as his work has already been badly affected due to the recent fuel price hikes. This decision by the government will help reduce our expenses to some extent in this inflation period.

Resident of Shadman, Muhammad Rizwan, believes that this move from Punjab government is just a political stunt to gain sympathy and popularity for the upcoming by-polls in the province. About 300 units in summer is the consumption of every poor household house. Nowadays meters runs rapidly. Motor refrigerator and two or three fans run up to 300 units. Every house with 300 units has to be subsidized, he remarked.

Ayoub Ali suggested that instead of providing free electricity on the consumption up to 100 units, if the government provides solar panels to the masses then it would benefit more.

Speaking to The Nation, fromer Managing Director of the Pakistan Electric Power Company (PEPCO) Tahir Basharat Cheema applauded this move by the Punjab government and said, after the 18th amendment the federal government does not contain any fiscal space to provide relief to low income strata. It’s great to see that the Punjab government is providing the targeted relief to the deprived people of its province from its own resources.

Maintaining this, the former MD further said, during his visit to India, he came to know that tube wells in Punjab, Rajasthan and Haryana of India were being subsidized by the government.

In addition, the former MD PEPCO said, as per the government claim 7.6 million electricity connections serving approximately 9 million households will benefit from this initiative. Under the initiative, the Punjab government will pay the bills and taxes on behalf of low income masses. This program will not burden other consumers at all. The savings in the form of free power supply will enable people to spend on their other important necessities. The government should continue this practice until fuel prices in international market are reverted downwards.

Explaining further, the former MD said, the number of consumers using 100 units per month will fluctuate with changing weather.

That data is of 2021 and we don't know which month.

This list will also include those businesses and houses which use solar systems to generate whole of electricity requirement and use wapda electricity is night time or when there is no sun. They also have less then 100 units at the end of the month.but I am sure they are also "poor" in need of considerations and assistance. Middle class jay bhaar me.

Aap log pora comment party nni ho, or aik point pe reply de jaty ho.. Bhai middle class turning into lower middle and poor class, is pe itna detail me lika mene Kay how they are the one who are in dire need of assistance instead of "already poor". But mi wo to parna he ni Hy na, ... Selective comprehension.

There are categories of meters. Net Metering for solar systems, 3-phase meter, industrial meter, commercial meter etc. Only those consumers having relevant type of meters will be included in this scheme.

You're asking a patwari to use brain while:

Pity on you. Sorry for your illness.

Last edited:
@RealNapster

Bhai middle class turning into lower middle and poor class,

Well look at it this way. The borderline lower middle class will become poor and then they will get assistance. The upper and middle middle class should shoulder their part of burden being better off than others.

From the POV of patwaris, it suits them- the middle class folk are mainly youthias so unlikely to vote for them anyway. The real poor, rurals and the trading classes are the Noonie core vote bank and they are less affected by these changes.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom