What's new

Punjab govt refuses to give surplus wheat to PTI-led KP

I dont get it. Why not simply just give them? Why do they have to create political division. Punjab is the main green belt for pakistan and is responsible for most of pakistan,s food procurement. If one of your province has less amount of wheat and one has more then share it bcz the mission is feed pakistan not feed your province. Its stuff like this that isolates provinces and actually has many provinces turn against punjab.

It's tactics of ganja brothers to create problems for KPK govt. and keeping flour mills of PMLN running and in case of shortage and protests in KPK Khadam-e-Alla will appear as masiha.

It's tactics of ganja brothers to create problems for KPK govt. and keeping flour mills of PMLN running and in case of shortage and protests in KPK Khadam-e-Alla will appear as masiha.

well ganjas have been stopping wheat supply to KPK before as well, the ganjas always play punjab card and thats what makes their party

they never try to think as a pakistani, but as a punjabi

well ganjas have been stopping wheat supply to KPK before as well, the ganjas always play punjab card and thats what makes their party

You mean Punjabis don't care about Pakistan?

punjab gets its gas from sindh, electricity from KPK

imagine if these provinces start stopping those gas and electricity

they will start saying that punjab ke saath zyadti ho rahi he and crying and whining

its like they have inherited all other's stuff and they can pick and choose their stuff to give to others

Sindh gets wheat, water, and electricity from Punjab and KPK, but guess what ? You created a quota system when it comes to distribution. While loadshedding in Sukkur, Nawabshah, Thatta, Jaccocabad and Larkana etc is close to 20 hours, there is none in Karachi. The so called Jamsharoo Wind Power Project is not helping the local population and if policies likewise continue then tomorrows Thar coal project won't materialize into economic benefits. You don't need to be a genius to figure out Karachi's history of electricity/gas thefts and bill evasions. Despite Sindh being the 2nd wealthiest Province, the disparity has crossed all its limits. UNICEF called it's rural area's food insecurity highest in Pakistan. If i were you i would be embarrassed by now. Your poor governance has even reached to a stage where Punjab government and Punjabi community have to give out reliefs during floods, reserve seats for students in its schools and universities, invest in businesses and development, and last but not least, defend and give lives for you from terrorism and wars.

PASCO dont have required amount of wheat that KPK needs, Punjab is keeping the surplus wheat, If they gave wheat to PASCo, KPK have this problem.
Its because the PASSCO has the mandate of making cross provinces allocation. They issue the qouta to each province and then if a province has un-used quota, then that quota is opened to other provinces. I just googled it to find out that there is also a food department in KPK but their stock positions are not available. Like I said before, the news makes no mention of whether PASSCO was approached by KPK or not?
For those who thing anybody runs a surplus,here is the latest news
Pakistan eyes biggest wheat imports in five years as local supply dwindles - DAWN.COM

Speaks who :)

Why it doesn't ? I mean if they have surplus wheat why not to open up to local market and curb the prices instead of eating billions of rupees in the name of subsidy ?
Price effect, the new wheat imported costed PASCCO around 35000PKR a ton. While the domestic wheat procured through PASSCO costed 26000 per ton. In the case of increasing prices which reflect a net deficit, its natural that provinces will hold on to their allocated surpluses. However, as I said it again and again that the news is silent about whether KPK government approached PASSCO or not? And more specifically what was the status of their allocation from PASSCO since every province maintain a qouta for wheat disbursement.

Sindh gets wheat, water, and electricity from Punjab and KPK, but guess what ? You created a quota system when it comes to distribution. While loadshedding in Sukkur, Nawabshah, Thatta, Jaccocabad and Larkana etc is close to 20 hours, there is none in Karachi. The so called Jamsharoo Wind Power Project is not helping the local population and if policies likewise continue then tomorrows Thar coal project won't materialize into economic benefits. You don't need to be a genius to figure out Karachi's history of electricity/gas thefts and bill evasions. Despite Sindh being the 2nd wealthiest Province, the disparity has crossed all its limits. UNICEF called it's rural area's food insecurity highest in Pakistan. If i were you i would be embarrassed by now. Your poor governance has even reached to a stage where Punjab government and Punjabi community have to give out reliefs during floods, reserve seats for students in its schools and universities, invest in businesses and development, and last but not least, defend and give lives for you from terrorism and wars.

lol never heard of sindh getting wheat from punjab, water is sindh's right, and sindh makes its own electricity thanks to gas water and coal

can a provincial governament import wheat from another country?. Some one told me that wheat of australia is cheaper than punjab's, ye kia hisab kitab hey?

Most of the karak gas goes to punjab while its not even available to many areas adjacent to karak district......why gas, electricity, tobacco etc of kpk is under federal? , people of kpk should go for complete provincial autonomy so that they are not humiliated and feel helpless by "big brother"

Pakistan_Agriculture.png

What can be done about Baluchistan? There is potential of millions of acres of arable land there.

KPK is self-sufficient in wheat production, the shortage is due to its smuggling to afghanistan. You are forgetting that KPK has to "buy" wheat from punjab at the prices higher than in international market.

You are highly misinformed my friend . KPK is not self sufficient in wheat production . It only produces around 25 % of its total requirement .

And the highest price paid by The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Food Department for procurement of wheat from Pakistan Agriculture Storage and Services Corporation (PASSCO) was at Rs 37,125 per ton a few months back - At a time when the rate of wheat in open market of Punjab was around Rs 35 thousand per ton !!

The govt. of KPK has failed to stop the smuggling of wheat (to Afghanistan) . The crisis in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa developed after the provincial food department provided only 25 per cent of the wheat flour quota (and smuggled out the rest) . The flour mills of KPK started buying wheat from open market (of Punjab) which resulted in a price hike in Punjab as well . So it is us who suffer because of the incompetence of your govt. and not the other way around . And still you are blaming us !!

On the other hand tobbaco, a highly profitible crop, is produced mainly in KPK but it is under federal.
You can not compare mineral resources, gas , electricity etc of kpk, which are under federal, with Wheat of punjab

Percentage share of KPK crop production is : 4.27 % of total wheat produced in Pakistan , 2.00 % of rice , 0.66 % of Bajra (Millet) , 7.43 % of sugarcane , 0.52 % of sesumum and 0.01 % of cotton .... So KPK has to rely heavily on other provinces for its basic requirements .

From economic point of view, tobacco is the topmost important all over the world. In Pakistan ,Tobacco is mainly grown in KPK and is one of the most profitable crops . Thanks to Pakistan Tobacco Board , ( a statutory semi-autonomous corporate body with its own Board of Directors and a Chairman who heads the organization. It works under the overall administrative and policy control of the Federal Government of Pakistan in the Ministry of Commerce and Trade), It is the only sector in the country where the tobacco industry makes prompt payments to the tobacco growers . MLO-487 empower that the weighted average price for the tobacco crop shall not be lowered than the previous year price. MLO-487 has played a great positive role to safeguard the interest of the growers.

And you are complaining about it as if it were something bad for the Pakhtuns !!! :disagree:

About Electricity production , KPK produces around 16 % of total electricity being produced in Pakistan . And Federal Govt . pays royalty to KPK govt. (which is in billions) and I assume that you know dams are constructed from Federal Revenue (most of which is collected from Punjab) !! Punjab remains the only province where almost everyone pays his utility bills and yet Punjabis are evil and dishonest !!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom