What's new

Punjab: Christian woman sentenced to death for blasphemy

^^ Jizya is a form of tax, you live in UK you pay tax, ever questioned that?
Dont want to pay tax leave the country, same goes for non-muslims.

The point is Jizya being a discriminatory tax, everyone should pay or none should thats all.

I don't understand the reason to draw out a comparison with UK here?I don't recall any partiality when it comes to tax among religious groups or minorities.

The point is Jizya being a discriminatory tax, everyone should pay or none should thats all.

I don't understand the reason to draw out a comparison with UK here?I don't recall any partiality when it comes to tax among religious groups or minorities.

In that logic, it means non-Muslims in a Muslim state must be required to pay Zakaat tax.

Both types of citizens must pay tax, neither more than the other. Jizya is not discriminatory as Muslims must pay Zakaat tax and non-Muslims are not obliged to do so.

i want to about jizya myself. if you work you pay tax, that is another issue. but if the non muslims pay jizya, will they be exempt from paying tax from their work?

i want to about jizya myself. if you work you pay tax, that is another issue. but if the non muslims pay jizya, will they be exempt from paying tax from their work?

Well, from my understanding, this is how it worked during the days of the Islamic empire. Tax was compulsory for both Muslims and non-Muslims: There was Zakaat tax and Jizya Tax. Non-Muslims were exempt from Zakaat tax but Jizya tax was compulsory for them. This was vice versa for Muslims.

In my honest opinion, I think this setup was good. However, we don't have a clear example right now as no country is following Shariah Law.

Also, I read in some hadith:

( Malik Muwatta )"The sunna is that there is no jizya due from women or children of people of the Book, and that jizya is only taken from men who have reached puberty. The people of dhimma and the magians (i.e. non Muslims) do not have to pay any zakat on their palms or their vines or their crops or their livestock. This is because zakat is imposed on the muslims to purify them and to be given back to their poor, whereas jizya is imposed on the people of the Book to humble them...

Zakaat is for spiritual means of connecting to Allah by distributing wealth to the poor, and hence work of a Muslim is taxed. Jizya concept is different and so non-Muslims don't get taxed for their work.

I think this is fair for both Muslims and non-Muslims as Muslims should be more obliged to help a Muslim nation than a non-Muslim would be. It's all about loyalties.

Well, from my understanding, this is how it worked during the days of the Islamic empire. Tax was compulsory for both Muslims and non-Muslims: There was Zakaat tax and Jizya Tax. Non-Muslims were exempt from Zakaat tax but Jizya tax was compulsory for them. This was vice versa for Muslims.

In my honest opinion, I think this setup was good. However, we don't have a clear example right now as no country is following Shariah Law.

Also, I read in some hadith:

Zakaat is for spiritual means of connecting to Allah by distributing wealth to the poor, and hence work of a Muslim is taxed. Jizya concept is different and so non-Muslims don't get taxed for their work.

I think this is fair for both Muslims and non-Muslims as Muslims should be more obliged to help a Muslim nation than a non-Muslim would be. It's all about loyalties.

thanks for the reply, but is this jizya on top of the tax they pay for their work or is it the only pay? secondly, zakat is paid by the muslims only if they are better off and have money, if they dont have money then they pay nothing(if i am right), but in case of non muslims they have to pay jizya no matter what, is it the case?

secondly, what is the room for amendment of this ruling? this ruling was centries ago and i dont see how it will fit in today's world.

However, here, we have a person disgracing our holy prophet.. how could any muslim tolerate that and not beat the hell out of that person.. especially in his own country.
Pardon my ignorance - do the common people have the right to beat such a person? Why not hand the guilty to the authorities?

Taking law in to own hands is not a good thing.

No you fool, from non-muslim armies. Did you even read what you said?

Proof please.

I swear, half the people here really did learn about Islam from their parents.

U moron i care a heck wat is written in ur holy book or wat ur releigion says,why should i follow it coz i donot believe in ur religion nor ur book.

i dont want to know wat is meaning of jizya according to ur book, my perception of jizya is only by how it is implemented on Non muslims(as ia am a non muslim) and how it effects me.

My forefathers have payed Jiayz on their own land to offer prayers in temples,payed jizya to have religious pilgrimage.
Do u want proofs on this??
Diwali - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bhai Mani Singh assumed charge of Harmandir Sahib's management in 1708. In 1737, he received permission from Zakariya Khan, the then Mughal governor of Punjab, to hold a religious gathering of the Khalsa for celebrating Bandi Chhorh Diwas on the auspicious day of Diwali for a large tax of 5000 Rupees.

so jizya was to be paid for religious activities of non muslims..

anyways he was backstabbed a common muslim moghul habit..

want implementation of jizya in modern times??

forgot ur mordern custodians of islam taliban who beheaded a sikh pakistani on failing to pay a jizya of 2 crore pakistani rupees??

U moron i care a heck wat is written in ur holy book or wat ur releigion says,why should i follow it coz i donot believe in ur religion nor ur book.

if you are not willing to learn or understand, this discussion should be over right now.

forgot ur mordern custodians of islam taliban who beheaded a sikh pakistani on failing to pay a jizya of 2 crore pakistani rupees??

You think talibans are the modern custodians of Islam? I pitty your intelligence, but i clearly understand your intent.

i dont want to know wat is meaning of jizya according to ur book, my perception of jizya is only by how it is implemented on Non muslims(as ia am a non muslim) and how it effects me.

Okay sure

My forefathers have payed Jiayz on their own land to offer prayers in temples,payed jizya to have religious pilgrimage.
Do u want proofs on this??
Diwali - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course. That was how Jizya was implemented in India. Now tell me: When India went to war, was it the Muslim men or the non-Muslim men who were conscripted to fight?

Bhai Mani Singh assumed charge of Harmandir Sahib's management in 1708. In 1737, he received permission from Zakariya Khan, the then Mughal governor of Punjab, to hold a religious gathering of the Khalsa for celebrating Bandi Chhorh Diwas on the auspicious day of Diwali for a large tax of 5000 Rupees.

Did they make it compulsory on Hindus to pay Zakat?

so jizya was to be paid for religious activities of non muslims..

Like I said, that was how it worked in India. Instead of paying regular Jizya tax, people were to pay jizya for holding such gatherings.

Idol worship is one of the biggest sins in Islam. If I hold a Nazi party in Israel, will I be persecuted and jailed or will I be fined 5000 rupees? Likewise, India was a Muslim country back then.

anyways he was backstabbed a common muslim moghul habit..

Backstabbing was quite apparent afterwards too. Do you know why Quaid-e-Azam decided to split Muslims from Hindus?

want implementation of jizya in modern times??

And you use Taliban as an example :rolleyes:

yeah but the taxes are nit based on personal beliefs or religion. YOu impose those on minorities and you say its perfectly normal?

yeah but jaziya and zakat are not based on personal nationalities or regions. YOu impose those on minorities and you say its perfectly normal? :azn:

thanks for the reply, but is this jizya on top of the tax they pay for their work or is it the only pay? secondly, zakat is paid by the muslims only if they are better off and have money, if they dont have money then they pay nothing(if i am right), but in case of non muslims they have to pay jizya no matter what, is it the case?

Zakaat is obligatory to all Muslims that are not poor. This differs from country to country. In Dubai, for example, almost everyone must pay Zakaat so much so that there is nobody to recieve Zakaat inside UAE- this is why most Zakaat money is sent to places like Palestine, Pakistan (esp. due to floods), etc.

Your second question is quite an interesting one, because I remember reading about it exactly. It was about Umar, one of the Khalifas of Islamic Empire (you will know about him) who met an old Jewish man who came down to begging because he had to pay his tax.

According to Muslim accounts of Umar, in his time some payers of the jizya were compensated if they had not been cared for properly. The accounts vary, but describe his meeting an old Jew begging, and assisting him; according to one version:

Umar said to him, "Old man! We have not done justice to you. In your youth we realized Jizyah from you and have left you to fend for yourself in your old age". Holding him by the hand, he led him to his own house, and preparing food with his own hands fed him and issued orders to the treasurer of the Bait-al-mal that that old man and all others like him, should be regularly doled out a daily allowance which should suffice for them and their dependents.[16]

At the start of the Islamic Empire (during Prophet Muhammad's time), there was a assistance system; the money came from Zakaat tax. Non-Muslims were eligible for this zakaat. If Jizya is unfair on anyone, it would be the Muslims. We are, after all, required to pay higher taxes, and protect those that paid Jizya. Still, we never complain, because that is what Allah has ordered us to do.

secondly, what is the room for amendment of this ruling? this ruling was centries ago and i dont see how it will fit in today's world.

I am definitely sure this taxation system works because, well, I see nothing wrong with it. It will require organization, for sure, and you cannot expect it to work in a corrupt government (but no tax system works there anyway). Right now we don't really have an example because even Saudi Arabia is not following Sharia.

@Syed TALHA SHAH

Don't pay any attention to it,just report it,or your posts will get deleted too

Back
Top Bottom