What's new

Punjab: Christian woman sentenced to death for blasphemy

So sad...

Who put these blasphemy laws into place :angry:

Let people practise their religion freely within Pak! whether they are Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Sikh or Atheist.

The constitution of Pakistan has yet to be framed by the Pakistan Constituent Assembly. I do not know what the ultimate shape of this constitution is going to be, but I am sure that it will be of a democratic type, embodying the essential principle of Islam. Today, they are as applicable in actual life as they were 1,300 years ago. Islam and its idealism have taught us democracy. It has taught equality of man, justice and fairplay to everybody. We are the inheritors of these glorious traditions and are fully alive to our responsibilities and obligations as framers of the future constitution of Pakistan. In any case Pakistan is not going to be a theocratic State to be ruled by priests with a divine mission. We have many non-Muslims --Hindus, Christians, and Parsis --but they are all Pakistanis. They will enjoy the same rights and privileges as any other citizens and will play their rightful part in the affairs of Pakistan.

Muhammad Ali Jinnah-Broadcast talk to the people of the United States of America on Pakistan recorded February, 1948

not wanting to convert and resisting by argument and debate is "insult to islam"?
Yes. Why would you resist in the first place? Because you feel that what is presented to you is inadequate or perhaps even inferior to your current belief. And that is an unacceptable insult. If Islam is presented to you in a peaceful manner and you resist conversion, the insult justified death or forced conversion.

Thread very carefully sis :disagree:

i dont know exactly what she means, but you should accept that in every religion there is everything that cannot be according to the logic, how can you explain the miracles of Jesus(AS), Moses(AS), Mohammad(pbuh)?

The law can be changed, the peoples' behaviour is a problem.

I am proud to say that I can very openly not participate and even question religious beliefs on regious festivals in front of my wider family and friends without any threat to my life or prestige.

And some call me heathen.

i dont know exactly what she means, but you should accept that in every religion there is everything that cannot be according to the logic, how can you explain the miracles of Jesus(AS), Moses(AS), Mohammad(pbuh)?

I meant no disrespect or offence but yeah there are certain things in every religion that are difficult to justify. That was exactly my point. People rather than discussing them prefer to run away or react violently. Result is confusion. However i am not going to discuss them as religious discussion is not allowed here.

So sad...

Who put these blasphemy laws into place :angry:

Let people practise their religion freely within Pak! whether they are Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Sikh or Atheist.

The constitution of Pakistan has yet to be framed by the Pakistan Constituent Assembly. I do not know what the ultimate shape of this constitution is going to be, but I am sure that it will be of a democratic type, embodying the essential principle of Islam. Today, they are as applicable in actual life as they were 1,300 years ago. Islam and its idealism have taught us democracy. It has taught equality of man, justice and fairplay to everybody. We are the inheritors of these glorious traditions and are fully alive to our responsibilities and obligations as framers of the future constitution of Pakistan. In any case Pakistan is not going to be a theocratic State to be ruled by priests with a divine mission. We have many non-Muslims --Hindus, Christians, and Parsis --but they are all Pakistanis. They will enjoy the same rights and privileges as any other citizens and will play their rightful part in the affairs of Pakistan.

Muhammad Ali Jinnah-Broadcast talk to the people of the United States of America on Pakistan recorded February, 1948

You are right but right now it's useless to comment on this law as it is not going anywhere. We should all try our level best to save this woman's life. I have mailed to certain newspapers and TV channels. If only this issue could get media attention we might be able to save this woman's life otherwise she is going to be murdered.

I meant no disrespect or offence but yeah there are certain things in every religion that are difficult to justify. That was exactly my point. People rather than discussing them prefer to run away or react violently. Result is confusion. However i am not going to discuss them as religious discussion is not allowed here.

Yes, religion is about belief, you believe what you belive in and that is it. There are things that can be debated and talk about, but there other things such a miracle that cant be debated, there is one solution for all of these, and that is secularism. leave religion on the personell basis, anybody who discuse religion at work must be given warning, nobody must force his/her ideas on the others.

being Muslims we are center of attention of many people in the world, so we should walk and talk carefully

It's got nothing to do with being the center of attention. As someone said, "character is doing the right thing even when no one is looking."

wtf why are such bullies what is it with muslims and mob mentality esp in pakistan ?

I think it has to do with the culture of facade piety. People go to mosque, say "Allah haafiz" and then take bribes or cheat on their taxes. It's all about making all the right moves in public to show your piety.

Or what ? Plz clarify what is going to happen ?

I don't think it was a threat, but an advice not to be needlessly provocative.

This law will not be repealed because of widespread bigotry in the society. Even when Hudood laws were amended very slightly, PML-N along with religious parties and TI voted against it, their excuse was that the amendment implied giving license to fornication.

Regret to say that 11 years of the bigot Zia era has caused bigotry and hypocrisy to dig its roots deep into the society. All proponents for the repeal of Hudood and Blasphemy laws are labeled nonbelievers. No one would therefore dare to try to repeal these inhuman laws.

Personally I am dead against both of these laws because I found no proven incident where anyone was put to death for insulting the holy Prophet (PBUH) during his lifetime and punishment for adultery as mentioned in the holy Quran is 100 lashes, not stoning by death.

Hadd can only be applied upon statement of 4 eye witnesses. We see only women punished because they get pregnant but men go free. This is clearly unjust and no divine law can be unjust.

Alas Taliban and bigots don’t think so.

This ^^

And just to add:

Although no one has ever been executed under Pakistan's blasphemy laws – most are freed on appeal -as many as 10 people are thought to have been murdered while on trial.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...enced-to-death-in-Pakistan-for-blasphemy.html

Last edited:

Ahmed, nice name u have, i believe in every miracle of those Prophet's thats part of my faith, without that iam not a muslim. And sorry everything cannot be justified by logic alone, YOU NEED FAITH for that.

You have to believe in GOD blindly, he does not need to give u video evidence for everything, if GOD does that, than there is no place for FAITH in religion.

I am careful sir. I haven't said anything. But pointing me out you just proved that Pakistanis are afraid to discuss religion.:disagree:

Yes u have every right to discuss religion BUT, if u r a true muslima do not question anything that has been revealed to us through Quran and Sunnah, no compromise on that period.

Discuss invented rituals which tarnish our religion over the year's.

Do not question the rulings of QURAN, HADEES or SUNNAH of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.W ).

I hope u got my point. :coffee:

Ahmed, nice name u have,

Thanks, :tup:

i believe in every miracle of those Prophet's thats part of my faith, without that iam not a muslim. And sorry everything cannot be justified by logic alone, YOU NEED FAITH for that.

That is exactly what i said!! Faith is about believing, you cant logically prove many of things. At the same time peopole should be tolerant of the other faiths. Those muslim women didnt bloody have the right to force the christian woman convert to islam.

You have to believe in GOD blindly, he does not need to give u video evidence for everything, if GOD does that, than there is no place for FAITH in religion.

Yes, that is my point. Faith is about what you believe and what your heart says.

Yes u have every right to discuss religion BUT, if u r a true muslima do not question anything that has been revealed to us through Quran and Sunnah, no compromise on that period.

Discuss invented rituals which tarnish our religion over the year's.

Do not question the rulings of QURAN, HADEES or SUNNAH of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.W ).

I hope u got my point. :coffee:

What if someone questioned?Take this blasphemy law for example.Death sentence to blasphemy is a ruling by islam and have been done during the time of prophet muhammed.Even prophet muhammed ordered killing of a lady-asmat binth marwan who wrote disrespectful songs about him.Does that mean we shouldn't question that law?

Back
Top Bottom