What's new

Punjab announces Urdu as medium of instruction at schools from next year

Pakistan's mathematics and science textbooks are awfully outdated. Children still learn about floppy discs in their computer classes

No we learn from black and white boards and books are not outdated

Ask this to wannabe angrez Pakistanis who consider it as their toheen that their children are sitting in same classroom with poor's children
It is the job of the govt to implement the policies. There is always a selfish minority in every country that digresses but it is the job of the govt to implement its writ.

Are you drunk Mr Swedish? If English literacy is reduced in Pakistan the pool of people contributing on PDF would decrease in the future. Can you understand that?
That would be great. They will do something worthwhile.

Last edited:
It is the job of the govt to implement the policies. There is alway a selfish minority in every country that digresses but it is the job of the govt to implement its writ.

But until 2018 bhutto and ganja were ruling and how can you expect such things from them

Mr Swedish this will help to sever the Pakistani contribution on PDF. Note we use English.

No Pakistanis would come to PDF to improve their English like me

Why so defensive?

Pakistan's mathematics and science textbooks are awfully outdated. Children still learn about floppy discs in their computer classes :lol:

The most importantly, the method of teaching and examinations is atleast 300 years old. That needs to be changed and a reformed system needs to be adopted that stays true to our cultural roots and Muslim identity, but also is upto mark with modern world. Easier said than done, however.
Not outdated... but wrong curriculum. At these levels only fundamentals are taught which have not changed...like algebra, calculus, physics have large remained the same, but the emphasis is on wrong stuff. For example, Pakistani students are not taught or encouraged to solve problems and think critically.
For example, I tested a few Pakistani students and they were brilliant at remembering the formula so they easily calculated the area of triangle, circle etc but as soon as I asked to calculate the shaded area of a complex / irregular shape.. they were clueless..

Not outdated... but wrong curriculum. At these levels only fundamentals are taught which have not changed...like algebra, calculus, physics have large remained the same, but the emphasis is on wrong stuff. For example, Pakistani students are not taught or encouraged to solve problems and think critically.
For example, I tested a few Pakistani students and they were brilliant at remembering the formula so they easily calculated the area of triangle, circle etc but as soon as I asked to calculate the shaded area of a complex / irregular shape.. they were clueless..

Very well put. Hopefully that guy reads this post and gets it.

I am.not an expert.but will it guarantee that these kids be able to compete tomorrow with other children.my medium of learning has always been English but still I am unable to speak fluently with my 5th grader nephew whoz in beaconhouse.you give them a little relaxation in CSS but what if they wanna go abroad???

English is used as a global language. One of the reasons as to why Pakistan is not successful in its media campaigns is because it is not able to convey it's message in English to an international audience unlike India which is racing ahead. Wrong decision by the government in my opinion.

Very well put. Hopefully that guy reads this post and gets it.
For maths, in fact I tried to review 9th grade curriculum of matric system and I found a lot of deficiencies .. like statistic and probability were missing altogether. Similarly, graphical / numerical calculations were also missing like finding the area of shaded region or area under the curve.. because this theory forms the foundation of calculus so I really don't know how do they teach calculus without providing this prerequisite.

So the emphasis is on memorising and cramming the formulas but not trying to comprehend the gist. With this kind of educational system, we cannot produce scientists and original thinkers.

Last edited:
Punjabi departments of different government colleges often campaign for to adopt Punjabi language as medium of education and here all of you are crying for English

Back
Top Bottom