What's new

PTI's Azadi March 14th August 2014 l Updates and debate.

tum nhi ghey fasadi picnic attend karne :D
dono bhie gaye hain ... i have mid terms ... janay se b kya fidha hota ... transport bohat kaam ha participants bohat zada ... 50 of our insafians friends couldn't find any transport.. this was biggest achievement of PMLN to block all transport so people cant leave

@Emmie Sir, In my view, it just keeps getting better as a tragicomedy of law, with a basic failure of comprehension where I would have least expected it:

LHC declares PTI, PAT demands 'unconstitutional' - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

LAHORE: The Lahore High Court on Thursday issued its detailed verdict over the petition filed by a citizen against the marches announced by Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) and Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) and declared the demands put forward by Imran Khan and Tahirul Qadri were “unconstitutional”.

“We are convinced that demands raised by the chairman PTI and chairman PAT as mentioned in paragraph No1 herein above read with statement of learned counsel for respondent No 4 referred in para No 3 above are in violation of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, 1973 and as such for resolving the important constitutional issue, we admit this petition for regular hearing.”

The PTI and PAT demands which the verdict has referred to in the nine-page verdict are as follows:

"(a) The Prime Minister of Pakistan should step down; (b) The Parliament of Pakistan be dissolved; (c) Election Commission be re-constituted; and (d) Interim government of technocrats be formed and election be held.

And in case the above said demands are not accepted, they will continue with their Dharna (sit-in) in Islamabad D-Chowk and they will choke the entire system unless their demands are accepted."

The court observed that leaders and activists of PTI and PAT could face legal action in case the constitution was violated.

Forgive me for asking such a basic question, but isn't it the primary job of the Judiciary to interpret laws that the Legislature makes, including the Constitution, which is the Supreme Law of the Land?

When LHC says in its order that "The respondents No.4 and 5 (Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf P.T.I. and Pakistan Awami Tehreek P.A.T.) are restrained meanwhile from launching Azadi March, Inqlab March or holding Dharna at Islamabad, in any unconstitutional way, keeping in view the sanctity of the independence day and the current chaotic and uncertain situation prevailing in the Country", what does it actually mean?

What laws are being used as the basis for saying this, specially the underlined part? If the Honorable Court itself does not know what laws it is using to pass an order, then may be the said Court has no business hearing the case.

You're back to square one.

Judiciary is an umbrella term, it encompasses both the higher and lower judiciary. Unless judiciary means the Supreme Court, the judiciary have no jurisdiction on matters related to the interpretation of the constitution, I repeat the constitution. Interpretation of the constitution is one of the jobs, not the primary job - it's not like apex court picks up one random article and start interpreting it. It interprets when there's a need, recall interpretation pertaining question whether dual nationality holders can contest elections or not.

Legislation does not necessarily mean adding more to the constitution - statute laws are not at par with constitutional laws. If a provincial legislative assembly passes a law or act the High court of that particular province can be approached for intervention, High court can turn down such laws if laws are contradictory to constitutional laws. LHC and KHC turned down Punjab and Sindh local government laws in their respective province recently for contradicting constitution. The same high court cannot be approached for intervention when it is about constitutional laws.

I have stated it already that the order in question here is prolly most ill-defined one and court should have had transferred it to superior court. What more important is under which law the court accepts the plea for hearing, what it rules is purely discretion.

dono bhie gaye hain ... i have mid terms ... janay se b kya fidha hota ... transport bohat kaam ha participants bohat zada ... 50 of our insafians friends couldn't find any transport.. this was biggest achievement of PMLN to block all transport so people cant leave
Tum mid term exams? aur imran mid term election :D jane se wake kohee faida nhi public ka albata shayad ik ko kuch mil jahey

you were looking for public transport on 14 august ? I guess roads are open but even on 14 august and with such huge private transport for azadi march public transport will be uslesss to operate...

Built from our money .. shara loha nawaz sharif ne apni factories se lagiya ha

BvBJevNIYAAfKqm.jpg

PTI march using azadi chowk

“We are convinced that demands raised by the chairman PTI and chairman PAT as mentioned in paragraph No1 herein above read with statement of learned counsel for respondent No 4 referred in para No 3 above are in violation of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, 1973 and as such for resolving the important constitutional issue, we admit this petition for regular hearing.”

So you're convinced those demands are constitutional? Are those demands justified?

Tum mid term exams? aur imran mid term election :D jane se wake kohee faida nhi public ka albata shayad ik ko kuch mil jahey

you were looking for public transport on 14 august ? I guess roads are open but even on 14 august and with such huge private transport for azadi march public transport will be uslesss to operate...
lahore has always surprised imran khan ... almost half million people is in march .. transport is available for around 50000... so u can come and say later that they were not PTI suppoerter , they were just attending data darbar like SS did :) ... anyways good to see less venomous reply from u :)

@Emmie Sir, In my view, it just keeps getting better as a tragicomedy of law, with a basic failure of comprehension where I would have least expected it:

LHC declares PTI, PAT demands 'unconstitutional' - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

LAHORE: The Lahore High Court on Thursday issued its detailed verdict over the petition filed by a citizen against the marches announced by Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) and Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) and declared the demands put forward by Imran Khan and Tahirul Qadri were “unconstitutional”.

The PTI and PAT demands which the verdict has referred to in the nine-page verdict are as follows:

"(a) The Prime Minister of Pakistan should step down; (b) The Parliament of Pakistan be dissolved; (c) Election Commission be re-constituted; and (d) Interim government of technocrats be formed and election be held.

And in case the above said demands are not accepted, they will continue with their Dharna (sit-in) in Islamabad D-Chowk and they will choke the entire system unless their demands are accepted."

The court observed that leaders and activists of PTI and PAT could face legal action in case the constitution was violated.
very biased and political decision by the courts. this is what Iftikhar chaudhary has given to judicial system.

So he shouldn't have built it?
building moments is nawaz way of doing politics ... so even economy doesnt improve he could say hum ne merto bani .. the thing is focus is on wrong thngs ... obviously if u will build burj khalifa in lahore ..people will give u votes on it ..but do we really need it when we are near bankruptcy .. do we need peeli taxi, youth loan, laptop schemes , danish schools when millions dnt have have schools ... i call it monuments ... like nawaz sharif started doing youth festivile when he say youth started sporting IK .. it worked a bit .. but every sane person know his intention ...

DO U KNOW THE REASON WHY MORE THEN BILLIONS RUPPEE IS USE FOR ADVERTISEMENTS BY NAWAZ AND SHAHBAZ PICTURE ALL OVER THEM>?

lahore has always surprised imran khan ... almost half million people is in march .. transport is available for around 50000... so u can come and say later that they were not PTI suppoerter , they were just attending data darbar like SS did :) ... anyways good to see less venomous reply from u :)
I never gave venomous reply. I always raised valid points but problem is anything people say against Ik seem venom to his blind hardcore supporters and secondly you guys insult those who support any other political party by calling them slave , noora, patwari, etc but expect respect for PTI/IK. Is not this double standard on this forum? If you have democratic right to support IK/PTI then other pakistani also have same right to support any political party and leader they wish.. You dont call youself slave by giving blind support to IK but call others slave if they vote for any other political party..This self-righteous attitude of ptians made me criticise IK/ptians to make this political section as neutral where even most think thanks and moderators are hardcore fans of PTI and often associate patriotism with political affiliation of PTI

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom